Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

That's a fair trade Marvel giving FOX X-Men TV rights for Marvel to get Fantastic 4 back!

I like what FOX has done with most of X-Men movies. 1st 2 were excellent. Wish Brian Singer had stayed for 3rd instead of doing Superman Returns (ugh!) Never saw Origins Wolverine or The Wolverine. First Class and Days were best and look forward to Apocalypse! Glad Singer was back on board for these past 2!

F4 hasn't worked in movies or cartoons really. I long for Stan Lee and John Byrne days!

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

My only question? Is the prematurely planned fantastic 4 sequel still happening now
    X-Men Forever

The only thing Marvel Studios should consider is maybe paying a discounted price for full rights to the franchise or waiting the right amount of time to let the rights revert back if Fox does not try to reboot/produce a sequel. Marvel Studios has the upper hand. They shouldn't make a Sony-type deal with Fox. Hell, at this point, I don't think I want Marvel/Disney to give up the X-Men characters TV rights for just the F4 rights alone. I want to see the X-Men TV show, but it's not enough to just get only the F4 back.

Marvel Studios has done just fine without F4, X-Men and Spider-Man. I am glad for the Spider-Man deal, but with the F4 never having the kind of success that movies like Spider-Man Trilogy, or hell even the Amazing Spider-Man and ASM2 had amassed. I don't see what Marvel has to gain by giving up anything beyond money for the full rights.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    I don't see what Marvel has to gain by giving up anything beyond money for the full rights.
    becauet eh F4 rights give them access to Galactus, Super Skrulls, and Kang. Those 3 are more important than the F4 and probably the ruined Dr. Doom at this point

its the villains man...
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Good. This makes it a guaranteed box office bomb.

BANNED

Marvel blew fox FF

Last edited by Tayswift; 08-09-2015 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    becauet eh F4 rights give them access to Galactus, Super Skrulls, and Kang. Those 3 are more important than the F4 and probably the ruined Dr. Doom at this point

its the villains man...
    That's the thing. I am not saying this as someone who loves the F4. I really don't have any attachment to the F4. What I do like are the stuff from F4 like Black Panther, Dr. Doom, Super-Skrull, Silver Surfer and Galactus. Nothing would give me a bigger fan-boner than seeing a full realized Galactus from the comic pages. I don't really give a **** if people perceive him as "stupid giant guy in purple". Galactus is so awesome, that it doesn't matter what colour he uses.

But...I don't want Fox involved in any decisions when it comes to creative direction Marvel Studios would choose when bringing those bad guys that I want to see to the big screen. As far as I'm concerned, Fox was the reason why Dr. Doom has been done so poorly on the big screen. I don't think Marvel Studios is perfect and without errors, but let's be honest here. They've been mainly working wonders with B & C level characters. I want to see what Marvel can do with a big time bad guy like Dr. Doom.

I don't want Fox to eff that up. If Marvel Studios brain-child live action Dr. Doom is crap, then they don't get any forgiveness from me. Until then, it's either a fully-creative controlled by Marvel Studios Dr. Doom, Super-Skrull, Silver Surfer and Galactus or GTFO. No Sony-type deals.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

At this point Fox will have to pay Disney to take the property back. HA!

Incredible Member

man

reading this makes me wish they would have kept michael chiklis as the thing and had him team up with hugh jackman's wolverine for a buddy superhero movie.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

I think the first thing that needs to be considered is if Fox sees any gain from making a deal with Marvel right now in regards to the X-men tv show. If I was Marvel, I'd shot for a deal that follows as: FF and their rogues being returned and the right to use the term mutant, but not use the X-men directly. Fox could gain what they really want which is access to various tv show deals. What does Marvel gain, additional cosmic beings to play with (Surfer, Galacticus, Super Skrulls, etc), and more play things.

I think one thing in contention now in regard to if Fox gives back the FF, would a certain other studio, universal, who has the most tied into Marvel with the Islands of Adventure and the theme park aspect, possibly make a deal in regard to Namor and Hulk. If they see these two other big names, it might put pressure on them in regard to the two series that they still have their hands on. Consequently, I would think that Marvel would shoot for getting a few more things resorted to them, or at least access to them. As I said above the idea of Mutants, even if it's not the X-men, and possibly some of the other cosmic races that are used in the X-line, such as the Shiiar empire, and some of the characters that weren't part of the X-men but were mutants by nature. Firestar for example could be one of these.

Ultimately I think what it comes down to is, does Fox feel that there's enough outside pressure to start talks with Marvel and Disney, or are they going to hide out from it all for a while and ride on the X-men until they can't anymore. Because while the X-men are awesome in their own right, I don't think you can grow an entire universe out of them. You need more then one type of thing. While you can do a number of movies, there's a limit to what organizations and villains the x-crew has that aren't shared with other series. So it becomes a case of, either invent new villains or create a different type of movie, the latter could be good, however if it feels like some sort of generic thing then you'd probably lose some of your bank, which is what the studios are worried about.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Honestly, I don't fully understand why people are in a big rush for Marvel to get the rights back. If they do, the FF will be in the same boat as the Hulk and not get their own stand-alone movie.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Between an incompetent director and an overbearing studio, this was destined to flop hard. Just a shame 5 great young actors got caught up in it. Hopefully, their careers don't suffer too much.

As for Marvel getting the rights back, even if they do, I don't think they would be in a rush to make another Fantastic Four movie. This isn't Daredevil. This movie didn't flop once, it flopped 3 times. Its reputation is toxic and will be for a while. I don't think Disney is willing to touch this property even if/when they have the rights. Though I do think they would be interested in using Galactus, Kang and Silver Surfer. Probably more what they're after at this point.
    Last edited by Of Atlantis; 08-10-2015 at 05:52 AM.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

I also saw this coming and it clearly deserved it (I just read the news about the director's post in twitter, and it's in plan...really?) I think that if Marvel/Disney got the right back, they shouldn't make a movie of the Fantastic Four after this big disaster, but they could try to make a reboot years later, specially if they count with a creative team that cares and respects the characters and history of th Fantastic Four, unlike Fox did obviously.

I think they should try to recover their rights back mainly because of the bad guys (Skrulls rock).

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Honestly, I don't fully understand why people are in a big rush for Marvel to get the rights back.
    I just want FF characters to return to game and trading card products.
    I write about the intersection of science, comics and culture. Check it out!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Honestly, I don't fully understand why people are in a big rush for Marvel to get the rights back. If they do, the FF will be in the same boat as the Hulk and not get their own stand-alone movie.
    I want Skrulls in Guardians 2.