Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    sure they are. last avengers flopped and didn't made 1 billion on box office

I wasn't aware about Blade. to Fox get the Sony deal they would be too lucky, sony made good spider-man movies before and was doing better with it.
    I wonder if Marvel has a plan for FF like they had for spidey, because seems very likely the rights going back. Imagine a Galactus that is not a cloud
    x-men really work better on a separate earth, the shared marvel universe really limits them and make things awkward
    I know that the Avengers sold good but honesty the movie has nearly no plot at all. The movie just lived through the action it had and Ultron was way too much human.
    It isn't so that you can't lunch a comic based movie when you have a good script and all the other stuff you need but when you have 5-7 X-Men movie before and 3x FF movie the audience has high expectation when you want to do a movie which sales good.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Honestly, I don't fully understand why people are in a big rush for Marvel to get the rights back. If they do, the FF will be in the same boat as the Hulk and not get their own stand-alone movie.
    Hulk doesn't get his own solo movies because Disney doesn't have the distribution rights to his films. Disney could make a Hulk movie but, sadly, that would mean sharing profits (which is something Disney is loathe to do). Plus, distributors get to make decisions about advertising, which Disney also does not like handing over to another company.

Incredible Member idisestablish's Avatar

Honestly, I don't fully understand why people are in a big rush for Marvel to get the rights back. If they do, the FF will be in the same boat as the Hulk and not get their own stand-alone movie.
    Are you privy to details of the distribution agreement apart from any licensing agreement?

The reason for me is: Silver Surfer, Galactus, Badoon, Super-Skrull, Annihilus, Kang, Dr. Doom, Uatu, Blastaar, Negative Zone, Molecule Man, and who knows who/what else. Also, Ben, Reed, Sue, and Johnny.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by idisestablish View Post
    Are you privy to details of the distribution agreement apart from any licensing agreement?

The reason for me is: Silver Surfer, Galactus, Badoon, Super-Skrull, Annihilus, Kang, Dr. Doom, Uatu, Blastaar, Negative Zone, Molecule Man, and who knows who/what else. Also, Ben, Reed, Sue, and Johnny.
    Welp, as of right now, Fox still seems committed to the F4.

Man, Super-Skrull could be such a visual spectacle if done right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HeWhoSlapsAll View Post
    Welp, as of right now, Fox still seems committed to the F4.

Man, Super-Skrull could be such a visual spectacle if done right.
    Meh, Sony said the same thing after TASM2 and look how that turned out. Fox "casually" bringing up how they want Marvel's permission to make the TV X-Men is no coincidence...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    Meh, Sony said the same thing after TASM2 and look how that turned out. Fox "casually" bringing up how they want Marvel's permission to make the TV X-Men is no coincidence...
    The difference is that Fox isn't in the same financial situation, nor do they have that kind of relationship with Marvel (yet).

Also, of course it's no coincidence that this was brought up again. The news media knew that Fox knew this movie was going to suck, so they brought this story back to get views. This isn't the first time that Fox has wanted a deal with Marvel to create animate, and TV, products, and the F4 movies were garbage back then too.

This is not at all like the Sony situation, so it'll be interesting to see what comes of their discussions.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HeWhoSlapsAll View Post
    The difference is that Fox isn't in the same financial situation, nor do they have that kind of relationship with Marvel (yet).

Also, of course it's no coincidence that this was brought up again. The news media knew that Fox knew this movie was going to suck, so they brought this story back to get views. This isn't the first time that Fox has wanted a deal with Marvel to create animate, and TV, products, and the F4 movies were garbage back then too.

This is not at all like the Sony situation, so it'll be interesting to see what comes of their discussions.
    True, it's not exactly the same, but it's more likely that Marvel's going to completely "give up" the X-Men and get the FF back. Which, in my book at least, is a win-win situation. The mutants are left in their own world, and the Guardians get to meet the Silver Surfer. Boom, awesomesauce!

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    Between an incompetent director and an overbearing studio, this was destined to flop hard. Just a shame 5 great young actors got caught up in it. Hopefully, their careers don't suffer too much.

As for Marvel getting the rights back, even if they do, I don't think they would be in a rush to make another Fantastic Four movie. This isn't Daredevil. This movie didn't flop once, it flopped 3 times. Its reputation is toxic and will be for a while. I don't think Disney is willing to touch this property even if/when they have the rights. Though I do think they would be interested in using Galactus, Kang and Silver Surfer. Probably more what they're after at this point.
    Michael B. Jordan has that Creed movie coming up in November. I think he'll be fine. Not sure about the other four.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Michael B. Jordan has that Creed movie coming up in November. I think he'll be fine. Not sure about the other four.
    Miles Teller is going to be in his own boxing movie next year. Kate Mara is in a movie with David Oyelowo later this year. Jamie Bell has his TV deals, and he's more than talented enough to get more movie gigs.

Even Josh Trank gets an out because of the reports of Fox's interference, which has been credited by several people. Fincher is a reminder that this doesn't have to define a career.

Honestly, nobody attached to this project gets hurt by this bomb much, if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    Between an incompetent director and an overbearing studio, this was destined to flop hard. Just a shame 5 great young actors got caught up in it. Hopefully, their careers don't suffer too much.
    For what it's worth, I've seen mostly positive reviews of their acting, albeit in a backhanded "_____ does well, given such ridiculous material" way.

I'm honestly not worried about any of the cast. I think Miles Teller has great things ahead of him. Michael B. Jordan is far too charismatic to be defeated by one movie. Jamie Bell doesn't have as much star power as MBJ, but I think he'll do just fine. Kate Mara will not shrivel up and die because of this movie. While she is the only one I haven't seen enough work out of to form a solid opinion, I think she'll be fine.

Hell, Toby Kebbell was Koba. He'll also be fine.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

It made money, but comic book fans are calling the Avengers movies generic. But that's business.

Keep in mind it's not just the FF we're talking about. It's Doom and Galactus and the Surfer. Tons of cool characters you can do all sorts of cool things with.

I wanna be your lover... emac1790's Avatar

Wait, you think AoU flopped because it didn't make a billion box office?

A movie that cost 250 million to make. A movie that made almost 458 million domestic and 1.3 billion worldwide. A movie that isn't even on Blu-Ray/DVD yet. You call this a flop?
    What U putting in your nose?
    Is that where all your money goes (Is that where your money goes)
    The river of addiction flows
    U think it's hot, but there won't be no water
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs

cbm in general are a fad i don't see lasting that much longer.