Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Green Arrow, #43

Green Arrow is imprisoned by Mr. Zimm! Despite Oliver's effort to raise Emi as a safe normal kid, she has no choice but to gear up and take to the streets. How can she possibly save Arrow and the citizens of Seattle from the Zimm's army of Panopticons bots?!

Full article here.

Always Rakzo

Doesn't look so bad in terms of narration this time at least. We will see.

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

yeah it seems to becoming better and better with each issue. Almost as if the earlier ones and the preview were rushed for whatever reason.
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham Thrasher View Post
    yeah it seems to becoming better and better with each issue. Almost as if the earlier ones and the preview were rushed for whatever reason.
    It didn't have much further down it could have dropped.

Still not convinced this is worth, but I'm giving the issue one final chance to see how they wrap-up this silly / stupid / illogical / paranoid mess.

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    It didn't have much further down it could have dropped.

Still not convinced this is worth, but I'm giving the issue one final chance to see how they wrap-up this silly / stupid / illogical / paranoid mess.
    yeah lol. I guess your right. I don't know what happened. Percy's writing is really good usually.
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

BANNED

This is the last part of the 1st arc, here's hoping it's satisfying for those with mixed and bad vibes. (=

Emiko's still the best part of the book, and I kinda really like the dog wolf George too.

But this killer drones plot is just so tedious. And the villain remains a terrible cliche, really hope he's gone for good after this issue.

BANNED

This plot is literally like a parody of what a liberal Green Arrow plot would be. It's hilariously cartoonish.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Narrative View Post
    This plot is literally like a parody of what a liberal Green Arrow plot would be. It's hilariously cartoonish.
    Yeah, it would work if it was a lot more tongue-in-cheek, like in Kevin Smith's run. But this one is taking itself 100% seriously.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    Yeah, it would work if it was a lot more tongue-in-cheek, like in Kevin Smith's run. But this one is taking itself 100% seriously.
    Yeah at first the tone fit, but the second that those drones showed up...........wtf???

BANNED

Been enjoying this arc so far. I always like when a writer isn't afraid to tackle political themes. Superhero comics don't always have to be about big battles in the city and alien invasions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    Been enjoying this arc so far. I always like when a writer isn't afraid to tackle political themes. Superhero comics don't always have to be about big battles in the city and alien invasions.
    But I don't believe "political themes" involving bizarre recycled science fiction tropes like an army of destructive robots being used to police a city by killing and / or maiming the citizens are much different from "big battles in the city and alien invasions".

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    I always like when a writer isn't afraid to tackle political themes. Superhero comics don't always have to be about big battles in the city and alien invasions.
    I don't mind it either, as long as it is simultaneously entertaining. This hasn't been doing the trick for me yet. Action Comics current arc is an example of how to tackle controversial political issues while also making an entertaining book imo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    I don't mind it either, as long as it is simultaneously entertaining. This hasn't been doing the trick for me yet. Action Comics current arc is an example of how to tackle controversial political issues while also making an entertaining book imo.

It's entertaining to me. Not everyone is going to like the same thing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But I don't believe "political themes" involving bizarre recycled science fiction tropes like an army of destructive robots being used to police a city by killing and / or maiming the citizens are much different from "big battles in the city and alien invasions".
    Lol seriously it's like if Erik freaking Larsen tried to be political. Cartoony as hell