Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

By the way, read issue #43.
    * Loved the Bombshells variant cover, but it makes no f#@&!n' sense on Green Arrow these days. (How long has it been since Green Arrow and Black Canary have had any connection? And doesn't Black Canary have her own comic book these days? )
    * Love George (even if he makes no sense here).
    * Art was okay.

That's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    By the way, read issue #43.
    * Loved the Bombshells variant cover, but it makes no f#@&!n' sense on Green Arrow these days. (How long has it been since Green Arrow and Black Canary have had any connection? And doesn't Black Canary have her own comic book these days? )
    Well, she is featured in his live-action show and is a big part of that, however one might feel about how they handle the Canaries on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, she is featured in his live-action show and is a big part of that, however one might feel about how they handle the Canaries on the show.
    But the main comic book isn't really connected to the TV show, is it?

Don't they have the Arrow comic book for that?

Okay, so I'm getting back into this after Convergence messed up my reading schedule. I thought this was... okay, nothing great. I feel as if it was rushed, though. Like maybe it could have been stretched out to 4 books, but seriously- who wanted it to? It felt as if the author was trying to take the 'Black Lives Matter' movement and cram it into the book.

Also, just to be clear- are they ignoring everything in Guggenheim's (?) run now? Is there no more Diggle, Felicity, or Mia Dearden (who was coming to live with Oliver the last I heard).

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Also, just to be clear- are they ignoring everything in Guggenheim's (?) run now? Is there no more Diggle, Felicity, or Mia Dearden (who was coming to live with Oliver the last I heard).
    Who knows? Does DC even know what they're doing these days?

(By the way, wasn't Diggle brought in during Lemire's run?)

But the main comic book isn't really connected to the TV show, is it?

Don't they have the Arrow comic book for that?
    True, unless we're counting the recent Kreisberg run that tried to shove in aspects from the TV show (like Felicity), so Canary is only a major part of GA's relatively well-known TV series and not in the current continuity. Though I doubt that crossed the mind of those who chose to put the Bombshell's cover there .
    Okay, so I'm getting back into this after Convergence messed up my reading schedule. I thought this was... okay, nothing great. I feel as if it was rushed, though. Like maybe it could have been stretched out to 4 books, but seriously- who wanted it to? It felt as if the author was trying to take the 'Black Lives Matter' movement and cram it into the book.

Kreisberg was the show writer who worked on it, and I think it was confirmed that Diggle would be showing up eventually, but from what I've been reading (which has kept me from buying the book) everything else from that run has been scrapped while Emiko is central to the book again.

It was Andrew Kriesberg, not Guggenheim. Ben Percy did mention that he wanted the book to have no connection to the tv show, so yeah he's basically ignoring the previous run. And having Mia around would be redundant since we already have Emiko.

Diggle was introduced in Lemire's run, though. I'm surprised not to see him here, given the subject matter of the story.

Thanks for the clarification, guys. I couldn't remember who wrote those books, but I knew it was someone from the show.

Well, nothing I hate more than one writer introducing something, only for the next write to immediately ignore it. Diggle should have been in this story, due to the subject matter. Felicity- eh, you can write her out by saying she went to work for ARGUS (which she set up in issue 40). I agree that Mia would be redundant, but you could make a good team out of Mia and Emiko, and just to ignore her existence when it was stated plainly that she was living with Oliver in issue 40 is ridiculous.

I'll keep an eye on this book, but I won't support it financially. Maybe after Percy Pringle here leaves.

Thanks for the clarification, guys. I couldn't remember who wrote those books, but I knew it was someone from the show.

Well, nothing I hate more than one writer introducing something, only for the next write to immediately ignore it. Diggle should have been in this story, due to the subject matter. Felicity- eh, you can write her out by saying she went to work for ARGUS (which she set up in issue 40). I agree that Mia would be redundant, but you could make a good team out of Mia and Emiko, and just to ignore her existence when it was stated plainly that she was living with Oliver in issue 40 is ridiculous.

I'll keep an eye on this book, but I won't support it financially. Maybe after Percy Pringle here leaves.
    I actually liked the first two issues, but this one felt so rushed and half hearted that it kind of makes the whole arc suck, since we now know that it didn't really go anywhere or really make any kind of point.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

I don't know if I wanna continue this book. I'll read the arc as a whole before I make a decision. The art is really good, but the writing is so forced and the story seemed to be void of emotion or purpose. I migh just drop it and pick up the back issues of JLU (since You started). That book looks like fun.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    I hate being the guy who brings the bad news but based on what Zircher mentioned in Twitter, this might be his last monthly book.

It could be because of the hard work or the poor reception of the book. Shame.

You'll just blurt out anything to showcase your hate for a book. That's a really silly assumption lol.

Sidenote: I didn't like this issue as much as I like the others, still a solid read and not even as bad people on CBR love to make it seem. But I look forward to learning more about this wolf.
    Last edited by Starchild; 08-14-2015 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    Sidenote: I didn't like this issue as much as I like the others, still a solid read and not even as bad people on CBR love to make it seem. But I look forward to learning more about this wolf.
    I think I'd rather read a book starring George than any more of the current Green Arrow.

BANNED

I think I'd rather read a book starring George than any more of the current Green Arrow.

Whatever floats your boat lol.

In all honesty, though, as easy as it is to criticize this and make fun of it, it's not terrible, especially compared to some of the drek that DC has published ever since Flashpoint (ie, everything from Ann Nocenti and Scott Lobdell). Percy has a lot of potential, but he needs to realize that his writing is not as intelligent as he thinks it is, and stop compressing six-issue stories into 2-3 issue arcs.

Isn't there an issue focusing on George coming up? I might actually give that one a try, as long as these arc villains are gone for good.