Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Booyah Siege. Top 50!
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Isn't '92 doing pretty good, considering it's digital first?

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Grey View Post
    Isn't '92 doing pretty good, considering it's digital first?
    Yes, but the drop-off from issue 1 to issue 2 is HUGE, and certainly in the realm of not a good sign.

On a side note, I think one of the reasons Old Man Logan has such a small dropoff is that he is sticking around after SW is over, meaning that to the reader, this book is one that matters.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
    I didn't even know that "Future Imperfect" was an X-Men related book?! I assumed it was a Hulk title.
    Yeah it is a hulk book.

Maybe it was added cause it also stars Layla Miller and Ruby Summers.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...15/2015-07.htm

lt looks like "The Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows" #2 dropped even more than "X-Men '92" #2. Overall, it still is selling much better, but it makes one wonder why #1 of "Renew Your Vows" sold such high numbers.

I still find it mind-boggling that Marvel is making "Weirdworld" an on-going series, while (apparently) not going to make "X-Men '92" an on-going book when here its still performing much better.
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

Niffleheim

Marvel wants to use the setting of Weirdworld for other books. The new Black Knight is going to be set in Weirdworld.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...15/2015-07.htm

lt looks like "The Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows" #2 dropped even more than "X-Men '92" #2. Overall, it still is selling much better, but it makes one wonder why #1 of "Renew Your Vows" sold such high numbers.

I still find it mind-boggling that Marvel is making "Weirdworld" an on-going series, while (apparently) not going to make "X-Men '92" an on-going book when here its still performing much better.
    Wierdworld is not going to be an ongoing. They are just keeping the Wierdworld.setting for thr Black Knight book.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    Don't forget that it's digital first.
    Oh, I remember that it's digital first since that's how I'm reading it myself. But that drop is still pretty massive when compared to usual drops between issues 1 and 2

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I'm surprised E is for Extinction isn't doing better.
    It's got horrendous art and it focuses on lame characters like Beak and Angel Salvadore! WHat did you expect?
    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Exactly. A Morrison book not done by Morrison + off-beat art and majorly obscure characters still doing more than 30K post its debut is nothing short of impressive.
    Yeah, at least with Morrison writing all of his loyal followers would buy the book but he's not writing it. That actually shows how awful a lot of his characters were and how poor the art during his x-run actually was.

What does the 104,943 number mean? Is that #1's total sales? If so, then yea that is a much bigger drop than I was expecting or hoping for. Do comic stores automatically order a crap-ton of #1's just in case it MAY become a big seller? Damn it that really bums me out. I thought at very worst itd number around 75,000 copies. It doesn't include digital sales but clearly "X-Men '92" did not turn out to be the comic that people thought it would be if that many copies of #1 apparently collected dust on the shelves and made stores order roughly half as many copies of #2. Unless Marvel ends up relaunching a new 90s themed X-book then those very disappointing numbers for #2 have really slaughtered a lot of my hopes for "X-Men '92" becoming an on-going. Sadly, unless a miracle happens and we hear different, then it looks like my final Marvel comic book purchase will be happening at the end of September afterall.
    Yes, that is the number of copies that stores ordered for the previous issue. Which could explain it. Maybe stores expected the hardcopy of the first issue to sell twice as well as it actually did? And some people may have been disappointed by the tone of the book as well. But we can't know the true numbers unfortunately. Maybe it did better in digital. It's the only thing we can do. Just hope
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    This is how I've felt about secret wars from the get-go.THE "what if" feeling of all the tie ins just make me completely uninterested. The main event was interesting at first but now the narrow cast focus just doesn't interest me. I am currently not buying any secret wars books.

On a positive note, I, very excited to get to October and start with the three new team books. In a way I guess I have secret wars to thank for those shake ups.
    The whole SW is kind of uninteresting because after all the speculation and buzz it seems that it's just another event that will end with MU at large still being 95-99% same as it was before, just like with every other big summer event. And on top of that despite all the insurances from Marvel folks that all of these miniseries/tie-ins will have an effect on what comes after it's really hard to believe that. Sure SOME of them seem to do like OML and Weirdworld but other titles like X-Men '92 or AoA so far seem to be way too self contained to have a lasting effect on the ANMU unless they will be turned into on-goings like A-Force or Spider-Gwen but there is no indication of anything like that happening yet.
    I didn't even know that "Future Imperfect" was an X-Men related book?! I assumed it was a Hulk title.
    It is a Hulk book written by PAD but it also features some x-characters from his books like Layla Miller and Ruby Summers so it's kind of a combination of his two most well known Marvel books/runs, Hulk and X-Factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Wierdworld is not going to be an ongoing. They are just keeping the Wierdworld.setting for thr Black Knight book.
    This is what I was expecting. They'll probably make it a universe of it's own or a pocket dimension connected to ANMU 616 where they can have sword and sorcery type stories and books taking place in. I'm half expecting them to publish books from multiple universes, like main Avengers books taking place in ANMU 616, Spider-Gwen taking place in it's own universe and Weirdworld taking place in it's own universe, etc

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
    Oh, I remember that it's digital first since that's how I'm reading it myself. But that drop is still pretty massive when compared to usual drops between issues 1 and 2
    Shops stocked on issue 1 because it's a issue 1. Many people that read it digitaly may have bought the first printed issue but won't be interested in buying the following printed ones too.

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    Shops stocked on issue 1 because it's a issue 1. Many people that read it digitaly may have bought the first printed issue but won't be interested in buying the following printed ones too.
    I just don't see the poin of buying the first issue in both digital and hardcopy and then buying the rest as only digital. But then I've never understood buying multiple copies of any book anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
    I just don't see the poin of buying the first issue in both digital and hardcopy and then buying the rest as only digital. But then I've never understood buying multiple copies of any book anyway...
    I don't live anywhere near a comic shop, so I buy books that I like digitally the day they come out because I can't wait to read them. But I do want a hard copy, so eventually I buy the hard copy too. Actually I usually just have a mailing subscription so I get the hard copy in the mail a few weeks after it comes out.

I Guess I could be like some people and illegally download the digital copy since I am already paying for the hard copy and justify it with some sort of rationalization like "well I am already buying it anyway so it's not hurting anyone", but I don't believe in that at all. I'm very against illegal downloading, especially when I actually want to support the product.

There's at least one reason why some people buy multiple copies of the same thing.

I can't comment on the first part of your response since I am not in that boat.
    Last edited by Grey; 08-12-2015 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I don't live anywhere near a comic shop, so I buy books that I like digitally the day they come out because I can't wait to read them. But I do want a hard copy, so eventually I buy the hard copy too. Actually I usually just have a mailing subscription so I get the hard copy in the mail a few weeks after it comes out.

I Guess I could be like some people and illegally download the digital copy since I am already paying for the hard copy and justify it with some sort of rationalization like "well I am already buying it anyway so it's not hurting anyone", but I don't believe in that at all. I'm very against illegal downloading, especially when I actually want to support the product.

There's at least one reason why some people buy multiple copies of the same thing.

I can't comment on the first part of your response since I am not in that boat.
    Well, to be fair I'm not the type of comic fan who collects comics for collecting or needs to have a physical copy to enjoy the book. I used to do that but luckily I stopped it because I honestly would have no place to store all the books! I'm having trouble as it is with my current collection. And having 2500+ individual issues on one small device is pretty darn convenient

So I'm happy to get all my comics digitally. And now that they no longer publish any superhero comics here I wouldn't even have the option of getting physical copies unless I ordered them from US.