Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I'm so over trilogy films.
    I'm super jazzed that the Russo Brothers are compartmentalizing.

comics =/= movies
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I'm so over trilogy films.
    I'm super jazzed that the Russo Brothers are compartmentalizing.
    I'm not talking about a trilogy. I'm talking about a series of movies. Are you tired of the MCU? Because they're already doing that.

I'm saying that something as big as Civil War should be it's own phase, not a single movie. Them compartmentalizing Civil War into a Cap story is off when it's just as much an Iron Man story.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    comics =/= movies
    And? So I guess you believe that Thanos should be a one and done movie villain then?

I mean Thanos should be treated like Ultron; just because he's a big deal in the comics doesn't mean he should be anything special in the movies.

I want to see you say this if Black Panther isn't made the genius that he is, or he gets his ass kicked by Cap.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Civil War is fine for one movie.

The core story is Tony and Steve have a disagreement, rally their friends to their banners and fight each other.

Period.

All the other stuff that went into the comic version of the event is superfluous.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Comic book Civil War just can't happen without multiple films.

The movie Civil War is simply going to have its supporting cast be super heroes and focus on Captain America. This is likely a response to Batman versus Super Man but at least here I don't have to worry about them cramming too much in because everyone is already established.
    Um.....no the hell they aren't established

If they try to pack all that in, sure. I don't think they're going to do that, though. The spine of the story should fit fine.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    Civil War is fine for one movie.

The core story is Tony and Steve have a disagreement, rally their friends to their banners and fight each other.

Period.

All the other stuff that went into the comic version of the event is superfluous.
    So basically the current SW version of AvX?

Also it's not just Cap vs Iron Man. It's the US government, and all the heroes making moral, and life altering, decisions. Friends turn against each other, families potentially torn apart, young heroes having their destinies decided for them, and some heroes deciding it's not worth it and retiring possibly.

Civil War is advertised as Steve vs Tony, but they're only the faces of the conflict.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Narrative View Post
    What isn't established? Spider-man sure but that's presumably a cameo.
    Most of the major players have already appeared on film in some form prior to Civil War or just recent enough that nobody will be competing for screen time.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    I think they are throwing way too much into one movie. I feel it became a response to Batman verses Superman and was not what Cap 3 was originally going to be about based on how TWS ended
    Cap 3 is set to follow on from the end of AoU not the end of TWS.

Quote Originally Posted by HeWhoSlapsAll View Post
    Also it's not just Cap vs Iron Man.
    Well, i think it's going to be so in the movie. With of course their followers having some rounds against each other here and there.

I mean, it's Captain America : civil war, not the Avengers or whatever so yeah, it's going to be quite focused on the Steve/Tony failed bromance.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

So basically the current SW version of AvX?

Also it's not just Cap vs Iron Man. It's the US government, and all the heroes making moral, and life altering, decisions. Friends turn against each other, families potentially torn apart, young heroes having their destinies decided for them, and some heroes deciding it's not worth it and retiring possibly.

Civil War is advertised as Steve vs Tony, but they're only the faces of the conflict.
    Movies need to trim all the fat from the stories they are being inspired by. Most of what you mentioned is fat.

The moral choice between control vs. freedom will be explained, extrapolated and seen through the lens of Iron Man and Captain America. Other characters are going to get cameos or small bit parts. The story is going to focus heavily on Cap's side of the debate. Specifically about how he is "right" and how Tony is "wrong".

Quote Originally Posted by QBall View Post
    Cap 3 is set to follow on from the end of AoU not the end of TWS.
    True but I remember hearing and maybe it was just speculation so I have zero proof but I remember reading and people saying Cap 3 would be the search for Bucky. That seemed to be the set up. Then Batman verses Superman was announced for the same month and not long after Civil War was announced when it had not been set up at all before. Suddenly Stark was announced to be in Cap 3 and now the cast has ballooned from there. If I were a betting person I would put money down things happened behind the scenes after B v S was announced

And? So I guess you believe that Thanos should be a one and done movie villain then?

I mean Thanos should be treated like Ultron; just because he's a big deal in the comics doesn't mean he should be anything special in the movies.

I want to see you say this if Black Panther isn't made the genius that he is, or he gets his ass kicked by Cap.
    Just because something drags on and on in the comics doesn't mean it needs to drag in the movies. One HUGE!!! comic event takes a few months to tell... if you make something like CW into a trilogy, you are talking 6 years of one topic movie wise. Hence... movies =/= comics.

Completely changing a character isn't the same thing at all.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Narrative View Post
    Everyone but BP and SM are 100% established and known