Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

The OP's roster are pretty solid. The only thing I would change is move Pixie to New Mutants, cause X-Factor seems like a really odd place to put her. Mind sharing some insight on the why?

But yeah, not sure if I can improve on those teams, but what I would love to see back is some sort of X-Men Unlimited Revival.

X+X: A team up series which features two stories by different creative teams pairing up different X-Men or X-Characters. Preferably ones that don't usually team up together. Good opportunity to see writers test some X-people and we can get a place with side stories that one get in the way of what's going on in the main books.

Great roster photos! Really like the Uncanny X-Force & All-New Exiles teams.

Spectacular Member

There's some great ideas here. It's also great to have a thread not bogged down in negativity.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Uncanny X-Men: Cyclops, X23, Emma, Magik, Chamber, Frenzy, Magneto, Gambit
    ANAD X-Force: Cable, Archangel, Psylocke, Domino, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Hellion and Surge
    Next Generation X-Men: Cannonball, Sunspot, Karma, Magma, Rockslide, Husk, Anole and the Cuckoos
    ANAD New Mutants: Rogue and Northstar, leading greatuated New Mutants; Indra, Dust, Mercury, Armor, Kid Gladiator, Trance and Loa
    Fantastic X-Factor: Polaris, Danger, Match, Madrox, Marvel-Girl, Iceman, Pixie and Dazzler
    The X-Men Institude: Beast, Monet, Jubilee and Moonstar teaching the remaining X-Kids (left over from JGS and Goldbals, Hijack, Tempus)
    ANAD X-Men: The 05, plus remaing Lights (Hope, Transonic, Primal, Oya and Velocidad)
    World X-Men (for international incidents): Storm, Sage, Bishop, T-Bird III, Lifeguard, Cecelia Reyes, Layla Miller, Warpath and Forge
    Last edited by Master of Sound; 08-11-2015 at 06:52 AM.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Cable View Post
    There's some great ideas here. It's also great to have a thread not bogged down in negativity.
    Because it is a dream thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Awesome X-Force line-up!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Where's 616 Kitty In this? I think she would go well on the first team.
    Kitty would have a big role in the books, but not as part of any field team. I'd have her act as UN's mutant rights ambassador. She'd also regularly interact with the main team and would sometimes assign missions to the New Mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Aetherna View Post
    Man those awesome roster graphics you've made makes me wish that there was some online tool just for creating team rosters for those of us who think that Photoshop might as well be moon language.
    Really like the X-men roster!
    Thanks! To be honest, the hardest work is finding good images, putting them together isn't that hard, especially if you decide to keep the original backgrounds. I think you can try using paint.NET. It's easier than photoshop and it's free.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    The OP's roster are pretty solid. The only thing I would change is move Pixie to New Mutants, cause X-Factor seems like a really odd place to put her. Mind sharing some insight on the why?
    Thank you! About Pixie, I included her because I think she'd be a good fit for a team so focused on PR. Like Kitty in Whedon's Astonishing X-men, she wouldn't be perceived as a threat like most people. The girl is half-fairy, at least with kids, she'd be pretty popular
    There's also the fact that Gillen's "street team" was also a major inspiration for my X-factor team:

The characters (and San Fran as base of operations) just seemed perfect for a team that wants to be the public face of mutantkind. Dazzler and Northstar are former celebrities, Warren is a well-known businessman and Pixie has the looks and likeability factor. Storm ended up on the main X-men team, because I think that should always be her place, so I added other characters that fit the team's mo.
    Iceman teaming up with Angel once again is what me made me name the book X-factor. They were one of the most anxious to return to superheroing back when the first X-factor was created, so having them found this new X-factor team made sense. From there, I added Monet and Polaris, two other former members of different iterations of the team.
    Monet works because as a former model, she's also a public figure, plus her personality would really gel with the likes of Dazzler and Northstar (I also think she'd find Pixie terribly annoying, which would be fun to see).
    Polaris would be sort of the wildcard. She'd be the most powerful member and would be sane once again, but her past and her connection to Magneto would be troublesome for the team's PRs.

But yeah, not sure if I can improve on those teams, but what I would love to see back is some sort of X-Men Unlimited Revival.

X+X: A team up series which features two stories by different creative teams pairing up different X-Men or X-Characters. Preferably ones that don't usually team up together. Good opportunity to see writers test some X-people and we can get a place with side stories that one get in the way of what's going on in the main books.
    I'd also love an X-men Unlimited revival, maybe as a way of having rotating solo minis or special projects like a Gen X reunion mini or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Cable View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Because it is a dream thread)
    Thanks! That was kind of the point some people on the first page were missing, but I'm glad people seem to like the thread

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    World X-Men (for international incidents): Storm, Sage, Bishop, T-Bird III, Lifeguard, Cecelia Reyes, Layla Miller, Warpath and Forge
    Cool team! Reminds me of the original X-treme X-men. I love how that team had more of an international m.o.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Great roster photos! Really like the Uncanny X-Force & All-New Exiles teams.
    Thanks. All-New Exiles was very fun to make. It would have a vibe similar to the original Excalibur and Exiles runs, sort of the wacky X-book, lol
    Last edited by Factor; 08-11-2015 at 08:00 AM.

Factor, who is b/w Dani & Jono in the New Mutants? Husk? I love this team!

The Superior Synch written and drawn by Arthur Adams (ongoing series, 4 issues released per year)
    this is awesome, haha!

Thanks for the reply, Factor, I like the reasoning, yeah Pixie would be great there. I always thought that the idea of a Street Team of sorts should've been explored more. I kept wanting them to make at least a one shot with the one in Gillen's run.

Xiles (Exiles) would really fit as a title given the current state of things

Quote Originally Posted by HeWhoSlapsAll View Post
    Marvel needs to listen to this guy.
    Well, that's certainly a fun compliment to receive. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Thanks, I really like your Extraordinary and Uncanny teams.
    Yay! I had the most fun coming up with the ideas for those titles and X-Men. By the way, I'd buy, like, ten of your Uncanny X-Force if it were real.

Spectacular Member

I'd personally like to see the X books go in the direction it seemed like they were going after AvX.

Uncanny X-Men
    Cyclops, Cable, Mystique, Hope Summers, Havok, Magik and Colossus.
    Cyclops finally starts his mutant revolution, he sees the Terrigen mists as a direct attack by the InHumans on Mutants with Shield and the Avengers once again leaving mutantkind to fend for itself. Fed up with fighting and dying and watching his friends die for Xavier's dream, Cyclops starts fighting for his own dream, for mutants to live free of the persecution of Human and InHuman alike.
    I'd probably bring in some of the younger mutants as well who would follow Cyclops as well as few none mutant characters as Cyclop's message would become one of fighting persecution in general as more people found his message appealing. Magik and Colossus would be like double agents working with the other core X-Men to keep tabs on Cyclops as he, Cable and Mystique make plans to start a new mutant nation that could start another World War as the world hates and fears mutants more than ever. Hope would be there to continue her story with Cable and explore further who she is and what does the mutant messiah do after saving all of her kind? Can she do it again?

X-Force
    Magneto, Rogue, Sabertooth, Psylock, Deadpool and Fantomex.
    This book would carry on the spiritual essence of Magneto's book, finding and destroying threats before they become threats, it would also loosely tie into the Uncanny X-Men book as Magneto and Cyclops would be working together for the same goals. Cyclops being the face of the mutant revolution and Magneto being his secret weapon. Magneto would be the team leader with Rogue acting as his second and a moral compass, possibly toying with any remaining emotions they have for one another. Sabertooth would clearly be the muscle of the group, Psylock would take a turn for the worse from her last appearance after the Terrigen mist incident, Deadpool would be the comic relief for such a dark book and Fantomex would have his own ulterior motives for being on the team, possibly looking to acquire Magento's borrowed cloning technology that he took from Sinister in his solo run.

Extraordinary X-Men
    Storm, Ice Man, Nightcrawler, X 23erine, NuAngel and Rachel.
    This book would follow something along the lines of the Uncanny Avengers or X Factor where this team is a public face of the X-Men. Like the Avengers they would face threats large and small but they would do so in the public, in flashy costumes, trying to resurrect the reputation of mutants while at the same time battling the insanity Cyclops and his team are causing. Storm is the leader and the new public face of the X-Men and mutants as a whole. She speaks of peace between her people, the humans and the Inhumans, she would have her team work hand in hand with Shield, the team possibly going as far as being sponsored by Shield and answering to Nu Nick Fury or Mariah Hill. Both Ice Man and Nightcrawler would be along for the ride as they trust Storm and want to do what's best for their people, X 23 would be there to carry on her father's legacy of trying to cross the isle between two people, NuAngel would want to use Shield tech to find out more about himself and what he is and Rachel would be the cynical member of the group and possibly a plant for Cyclops or Magento's team.

New Mutants University.
    Kitty Pride, Hyjack, Goldballs and the gang along with Evan and some of the other Jean Grey students.
    Kitty Pride fully embraces her roll as Professor K as she takes on the students from two schools as well as the clone child Apocalypse in her mission to keep Xavier's dream alive.

All New X-Men
    Teen Clops, Teen Ice Man, Teen Jean, Teen Beast and Teen Angel.
    I actually like the idea behind this book as is, with the younger versions of established X-Men taking a road trip across the Marvel Universe, though I think it'd work better as a mini series that eventually crosses over the the New Mutants book I wrote above.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

I came up with a concept. Following the lines and roster we're getting in the fall, I focused mainly on the missing mutant characters. I figured it'd be hard to include them all unless there was a larger governing body. So I came up with this; All-New Agents of X-Factor

This book would be based around the main the strike team of Cyclops, Gambit, Rachel, Bishop, Sage and Northstar. The team is basically being backed jointly through SWORD and SHIELD, thus the inclusions of Brand and Dazzler, though Dazzler will be more involved than Brand (due to the fact she's the director of SWORD and not an agent), so she'll be more of a cameo or special guest from time to time. Dazzler, acting as a liason, will be joining them on missions more often than not. The team will also have reserve X-Men to pull from as needed. The other half of the book is the integration of the students who are now more like cadets training to possibly be SWORD, SHIELD, or even future members of the Avengers if they so choose. The aforementioned reserve X-Men will operate in several functions. As their teachers (headed up by Emma, of course), trainers and protectors. Cyclops calls the shots for his team and directly oversees the welfare of the cadets, alongside Emma. I would think this would be the only way he'd go with this. This X-Factor team will be Earths first line of defense against intergalactic threats as well as response team to mutant related "incidents". The last part will put them at odds with one or several of the existing teams, which is always good for storytelling. Marvel wanted them off world... well now they can do that logically.

I think a few other members would also be introduced as it went along such as; Cecelia Reyes, Exodus and Dr. Nemesis.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 08-11-2015 at 11:28 AM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

It's ambitious. By no means would all or even a third of the roster be used, but it gives unused characters somewhere to be instead of limbo. The vast majority of the story will revolve around the team, while he others will be primarily covered in subplots. I suppose the book can expand to another that revolves around the students and trainers. New Mutants?
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    My idea would be to somehow simplify things. Have only one main X-men team and push ancilliary X-teams like X-force and X-factor by giving them good rosters and hooks.
    Each team would have its own unique roster, mission statement and base of operations. I'd avoid too much overlap and crossovers, but would keep the sense of a shared universe by having characters guest star in other books from time to time.

Overall direction of the franchise:
    The Jean Grey School has been attacked one last time, causing the X-men to close the school as they realize the mansion isn't a safe place for the young mutants to live.
    Meanwhile, the 05 return to their timeline and Old Cyclops is framed for a major terrorist attack and anti-mutant hysteria increases even more.
    In this scenario, each team finds its own way of dealing with the crisis.

The main teams would be:

THE X-MEN

This book would focus on the family aspect of the X-men. Cyclops, one of their own is in trouble, so the team puts aside their differences so they can work together and keep Xavier's dream alive.
    They'd be based on the mansion's underground complex and would get help from Jubilee, who'd stay at the mansion and coordinate missions.

ASTONISHING X-FACTOR

Angel (back to his old self) and Iceman decide to return to San Francisco and reestablish X-factor as a mutant super-hero team. The team would be trying to improve mutantkind's public image by acting as real heroes.

UNCANNY X-FORCE

X-force would be the counterbalance to the new X-factor. They'd continue working in secret, trying to deal permanently with threats to mutantkind.
    They'd be based on the old Australian Outback HQ of the X-men.
    Why are you not running Marvel :/ Love your ideas

Quote Originally Posted by lorddominicus85 View Post
    I'd personally like to see the X books go in the direction it seemed like they were going after AvX.

Uncanny X-Men
    Cyclops, Cable, Mystique, Hope Summers, Havok, Magik and Colossus.
    Cyclops finally starts his mutant revolution, he sees the Terrigen mists as a direct attack by the InHumans on Mutants with Shield and the Avengers once again leaving mutantkind to fend for itself. Fed up with fighting and dying and watching his friends die for Xavier's dream, Cyclops starts fighting for his own dream, for mutants to live free of the persecution of Human and InHuman alike.
    I'd probably bring in some of the younger mutants as well who would follow Cyclops as well as few none mutant characters as Cyclop's message would become one of fighting persecution in general as more people found his message appealing. Magik and Colossus would be like double agents working with the other core X-Men to keep tabs on Cyclops as he, Cable and Mystique make plans to start a new mutant nation that could start another World War as the world hates and fears mutants more than ever. Hope would be there to continue her story with Cable and explore further who she is and what does the mutant messiah do after saving all of her kind? Can she do it again?
    i would read this, after the Bendis run, i need a book that actually does something and this would be perfect. it will tie into everything while being its own book
    The dream is dead, so wake up and fight!