Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

There was a thread similar to this in ComicVine and here's what I posted there:

First off, my X-Franchise is set in a world that has a rapidly increasing population of both mutants and inhumans.

• The terrigen mists has been causing negative effects on mutant-kind creating conflict between the two peoples with mutant-inhuman fights becoming common place. Madripoor became a mutant haven and the mutant populace are now the majority in the island nation with Magneto as its ruler.
    • Massive hate and hysteria against mutant-kind and inhumans alike has surfaced around the world and the Purifier movement has risen as a result. Thousands of people joined the Purifier cause, along with funding donated by multiple high-ranking and affluent individuals from all over the world, the Purifiers now has as much power as a nation.
    • Constant attacks and pressure from the local government caused the Jean Grey School to shut down and it's faculty and student body relocated to a newly established school in Madripoor called the X-Men Mutant Academy. Emma Frost and Mystique are appointed co-headmasters of the school. Due to the threat posed by the inhumans and the ever growing Purifiers, the X-Men Mutant Academy is, essentially, more militant and focuses more on training young mutants to become X-men.
    • The O5 found a way to go back to their timeline but Angel's Black Vortex powers hinders them to use it. Angel's Black Vortex powers turned out to be dangerous as it rips apart his body. It took the combined efforts of the O5 and Adult Angel to put a stop to it but, as a consequence, Teen Angel's psyche was swapped with Adult Angel's. Teen Angel is now in Adult Angel's body along with the Lifeseed and the Black Vortex empowerment. Teen Jean remedied this by transferring Teen Angel's memories, who is in Adult Angel's body, to Adult Angel who is in Teen Angel's body. Being in his adult self's body, Teen Angel decided to stay behind in the current timeline while the rest of the O5 returned to their timeline along with Adult Angel, in Teen Angel's body. (I said Angel way too much in this paragraph. Angel, Angel, Angel, Angel!)
    • Now that the setting is, well..., set. Let's get down to the books.

• Uncanny X-Men, because there should always be an Uncanny series.
      Team composition: Magneto (as leader), Namor, Emma Frost, Mystique, Beast, Juggernaut and Magik
      Story: In order to ensure the safety of his people, Magneto struck an alliance with Namor and assembled a team comprised with the ablest mutants he could find. Even though not a mutant, he convinced Juggernaut to join his cause as an alternative to hunting down Cyclops. Wanting to honor her late husband, Charles Xavier, Mystique joined Magneto's X-men. Magneto offered a place for Beast in his X-Men to better use his intellect for the betterment of mutant-kind, eager to redeem himself from his past mistakes, Beast joins Magneto. Emma Frost was given sanctuary in Madripoor and was given a chance to be co-headmaster of the X-Men Mutant Academy along with Mystique. She remembers the events in Genosha that lead to the deaths of her students and swore to never let anything like that happen again so, she found herself in Magneto's X-Men. Knowing that magic is a realm that even he couldn't conquer, Magneto seeked out Magik and convinced her that her skills and abilities are much needed in securing a future for mutant-kind, she reluctantly joins.
      Purpose: Magneto's X-Men deals with the extreme threats that will affect mutants all over the world whether it's political, super-strong adversaries, strange diseases or magical. (I basically want a team of X-Men comprised of former X-men villains. I'm also excited for the All-New Uncanny X-Men. )
    • Cyclops and X-Force, because Cyclops is still right.
      Team composition: Cyclops (as leader), Angel, Dazzler, Hijack, Tempus, Ruby Summers and Hope Summers
      Story: Being the symbol of the mutant revolution and, therefore, mutant freedom/pride, Cyclops declined Magneto's offer of sanctuary in Madripoor and opted to use his image to further rally the mutants to take a stand. He assembles a team of X-Force to be able to defend mutants from attacks and to send a message to the enemies of mutant-kind that mutants are capable of fighting back. Angel is left alone by his friends in a different time, in a different body and Laura ended their relationship by stating that she didn't feel the same way about him as she did before, then she simply left . As for these reasons, Angel became bitter, wrathful, destructive and without purpose. In a fit of rage, he ousted Anole from Worthington Industries and took full control of his family's company and fortunes once again. Money didn't give him happiness, however, as his lack of purpose continue to plague him. Cyclops came to him to offer him a place in the X-Force and, with nothing else to do, he joined. Dazzler and Hijack joins Cyclops because they believe he's right. Hope Summers, after recovering from a coma, convinced Cyclops to let her join the team despite Cable's protest. Ruby Summers found solace in the idea that this reality's version of her father also leads a mutant revolution and decides to join. Tempus joins after being rescued by Cyclops from his team's first mission against a mutant hating group of inhumans. The inhumans are then revealed to have been experimenting on her powers effectively breaking them. Tempus's powers are now reduced to creating time domes for a short time and could no longer time travel.
      Purpose: Cyclops' X-Force deals with enemies that Magneto couldn't be seen dealing with as a leader of a nation and in a manner that would get the media's attention.
    • Secret X-Force, a team of killers.
      Team Composition: Cable (as leader), Psylocke, Domino, Wither (Josh Foley), Deadpool, Forge and Colossus
      Story: A team of X-Force formed by Cyclops to terminate their enemies with extreme prejudice. After receiving haunting visions of the future, Cable agreed to Cyclops' offer to lead a team of killers against the enemies of mutant-kind. Deadpool joins the team because he wants to hangout with his buddy Cable. Psylocke joins because she feels that her skills would be better utilized in this manner. Domino and Forge joins by virtue of being on the last X-Force team lead by Cable. Josh Foley stopped calling himself Elixir and started calling himself Wither when his powers didn't allow him to heal anyone. Instead, his powers turned to simply creating and spreading diseases which caused him to isolate himself until Cyclops convinced him that his powers could help a lot of people if used on the right people thus, he joins Cable's X-Force. Colossus joins to be with Domino even after Domino warns him about the nature of the team.
      Purpose: Cable's X-Force deals with plots before they become threats to mutant-kind often by terminating them with the heavy use of firearms, blades and diseases. They remain a secret to their enemies and to the rest of the X-Men.
    • Avenging X-Men, a team of X-Men that are also Avengers.
      Team Composition: Havok (as leader), Polaris, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Smasher (Izzy Kane), Cannonball and Sunspot
      Story: In response to his brother's revolutionary stance and Magneto's isolationist stance, whom he feels are both causing more damage than good to mutant-kind's image, Havok decided to form a team of X-Men that are also, in effect, Avengers based in New York. Scarlet Witch along with her brother, Quicksilver, joins in order to show everyone that they are unaffiliated with their father in Madripoor and to continue to redeem herself for M-Day. Polaris joins the team because she doesn't like the idea of her father leading the X-Men and feels that this team would do much more good to people regardless of whether they are mutant, human or inhuman. Cannonball and Sunspot joins Havok because of their history of being members of both the X-Men and the Avengers. Smasher joins to be with her husband even though she is not a mutant.
      Purpose: They are Avengers but, they are also X-Men. Havok's X-Men attempts to show the public that mutants aren't only limited to revolutionaries or isolationists and that mutants can be superheroes too. They tackle threats that affects everyone not just mutants.

Continued:

• X-Men Unlimited, a book that features the X-Men Corps, a rotating cast of underused X-Men characters with a few recurring characters.
      Team Composition: Storm (as Commander-in-Chief) and her staff
      Jamie Madrox, Layla Miller, Cypher, Warlock, Danger, Broo, the Cuckoos and others
      Story: Magneto formed the X-Men Corps, an organized paramilitary organization based in Madripoor, to help mutants all over the world and placed Storm as its commander-in-chief. Storm is then in charge of sending squads of X-men to various mission. But, since she enjoys being on the field more, the management side of the job tends to fall to Madrox and the other staff members. (I see it more like the Justice League Unlimited cartoon but with the X-Men.)
      Purpose: To be able to use many of the underused X-Men and to have many adventures that doesn't exactly have tie-in to a bigger story line.
    • Astonishing X-Men, a team of X-Women.
      Team Composition: Storm (as leader), Jubilee, Armor, "M", Danielle Moonstar, Rogue and Cipher
      Story: As the commander-in-chief of the X-Men Corps, Storm was put in-charge to every active X-Man in Madripoor but some missions just need to be dealt with a personal touch. Selene and Madelyne Pryor's new Sisterhood has surfaced and is now posing a threat to the X-Men by conspiring with the Purifiers. Storm assembles her squad of X-Men to confront them.
      Purpose: Storm's X-Men is a team that is apart of the X-Men Corps and she takes them missions that she doesn't want others to take or to simply have an excuse to get out of the office. (I liked Wood's all-women X-Men)
    • X-Men Mutant Academy, all about the students and teachers.
      Headmasters: Emma Frost and Mystique
      Teaching Staff: Nightcrawler, Northstar, Iceman, Firestar, Karma, Husk, and among others
      Students: Molly Hayes, Eye-boy, Genesis, Oya, Sharkgirl and other unused students created after Schism.
      Story: The X-Men Mutant Academy opens in Madripoor consisting of the student body and faculty that was formerly at the Jean Grey School. Molly Hayes, after seeing how her presence endanger her friends, found her way to Madripoor and was enrolled to the Academy after a mandate made by Magneto forces all young/new mutants to be required to attend the school.
      Purpose: There must always be a school themed book that highlights the life of an adolescent mutant. This book will feature a rotating cast of characters, which includes both the faculty and the student body, with Molly Hayes and the headmasters as recurring characters.
    • New X-Factor: Mutants For Hire,no longer the New X-Men.
      Team Composition: Anole (as leader), Hellion (as field-leader), Surge, Mercury, Loa, Pixie, Rockslide and Wolverine (Laura Kinney) as a reserve member since she usually goes on her solo adventures.
      Story: After Anole was ousted from his position as C.E.O. of Worthington Industries by Warren Worthington himself, he moved to San Francisco and started up a business called Mutant For Hire because Hero for Hire is already taken. Hearing about Anole's new gig and losing interest with the affairs of the X-Men, Hellion with his new girlfriend, Pixie, along with his pals, Surge, Mercury and Rockslide, decided to join in and moved to San Francisco. After stating that being trained to be an X-Man didn't exactly give them a lot of usable skills out in the real world, Anole reluctantly hires all of them and re-branded his business to Mutants For Hire because Heroes for Hire is already taken. But, because of the rising hate and hysteria towards mutants and inhumans, the business flops and Anole is in the verge of bankruptcy. Luckily for him, Loa, who introduced herself as S.H.I.E.L.D.'s new mutant liaison, offered him and his team a contract to work for S.H.I.E.L.D. Anole jumps to the opportunity in order to avoid being bankrupt, despite Hellion's concerns, and his team became S.H.I.E.L.D.'s mutant response team. Loa formally joins the team as S.H.I.E.L.D.'s representative and suggested a team name change. Stating that the name Mutants For Hire sounds silly, in which everybody agreed much to Anole's dismay, so Pixie recommended that they call themselves the X-Factor. Anole complained that X-Factor is already over used in which Rockslide replies that they could call themselves the New X-Factor instead. Anole lets out a sigh and gave up and renamed the team as the New X-Factor. Mercury is then later revealed to have been keeping contact with Laura and has offered her a place to stay in Anole's home in San Francisco, the place where everyone on the team resides. Laura accepted the offer and moved to San Francisco. Anole welcomes Laura to his home and tells her that she can but is not required to join his team.
      Purpose: An X-team outside of the main struggles of the X-men, the New X-Factor is a team hired by S.H.I.E.L.D. to give their efforts of keeping the peace between mutants and humans a mutant face. (New X-Men relaunch is my biggest wish for Marvel and this is one of the scenarios that I thought of how it could work.)

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    It's ambitious. By no means would all or even a third of the roster be used, but it gives unused characters somewhere to be instead of limbo. The vast majority of the story will revolve around the team, while he others will be primarily covered in subplots. I suppose the book can expand to another that revolves around the students and trainers. New Mutants?
    this is what fans want, a chance to see everyone get shot. how can you like something if you don't see what it can do. we have so many characters in limbo, but given a chance people would jump on title that shows you what these characters can do. X-Men unlimited would be a good book to do that in.
    The dream is dead, so wake up and fight!

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    Factor, who is b/w Dani & Jono in the New Mutants? Husk? I love this team!
    Yes, that's Husk
    The team is Moonstar, Warpath, Husk, Chamber, Surge, Prodigy and Dust.
    I wanted a team to go on international missions and protect mutants living in difficult situations. Lately, too much has revolved around the US and aside from one recruitment mission or the other, the X-men don't really do anything to improve the day-to-day lives of mutants living in underdeveloped countries.
    If mutantkind's situation is bad in developed countries, imagine being a mutant where you can be enslaved and no authority would bat an eye.
    The New Mutants would try to fight these extreme situations.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Thanks for the reply, Factor, I like the reasoning, yeah Pixie would be great there. I always thought that the idea of a Street Team of sorts should've been explored more. I kept wanting them to make at least a one shot with the one in Gillen's run.
    Yeah, I loved that team. Dazzler + Pixie could get annoying when written by Fraction, but I always thought the team had potential.

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    Well, that's certainly a fun compliment to receive. Thank you.
    Yay! I had the most fun coming up with the ideas for those titles and X-Men. By the way, I'd buy, like, ten of your Uncanny X-Force if it were real.
    We can only hope someday a similar book will be launched

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaPower View Post
    Why are you not running Marvel :/ Love your ideas
    Thanks! I'd like to, LOL

It's ambitious. By no means would all or even a third of the roster be used, but it gives unused characters somewhere to be instead of limbo. The vast majority of the story will revolve around the team, while he others will be primarily covered in subplots. I suppose the book can expand to another that revolves around the students and trainers. New Mutants?
    I think it would be a solid idea for an X-men: Unlimited anthology or something

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkgreed View Post
    this is what fans want, a chance to see everyone get shot. how can you like something if you don't see what it can do. we have so many characters in limbo, but given a chance people would jump on title that shows you what these characters can do. X-Men unlimited would be a good book to do that in.
    Agreed. I came up with an idea to change the way Marvel publishes the X-Men in general. Keep Wolverine's solo, the main X-Men titles but leave one book (such as Unlimited) fluid. I say "fluid" because it shouldnt be stuck on one group or person. Let writers approach Marvel with a story (that will be 100% canon). Have them agree to tell their story within a set amount of issues; lets say 5-8. Then once it's finished, the book is handed to new creative team with a new story and character focus. Rise and Repeat. If the story sells well, and fans respond to it, bring the team and focus back after a few more stories Instead of giving random characters solos just to cancel them a year in with a bunch of plot holes and unfinished stories, you offer fans finished products for instance:

X-Men: Unlimited

1-5: Psylocke (does very well, promised a larger return story)
    6-12: Team story consisting of Dani, Cypher, Magma and Wolvesbane (does fair)
    13-15: Jubilee
    16-22: Psylocke
    22-30: Cyclops and Havok
    31-33: Warpath
    34-38: Gambit vs. Fantomex feat. Storm, Hawkeye, Black Cat, Lila Cheney and Pete Wisdom (dream project lol)
    39-40: Boom Boom

But you get it, I trust.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 08-11-2015 at 02:26 PM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Agreed. I came up with an idea to change the way Marvel publishes the X-Men in general. Keep Wolverine's solo, the main X-Men titles but leave one book (such as Unlimited) fluid. I say "fluid" because it shouldnt be stuck on one group or person. Let writers approach Marvel with a story (that will be 100% canon). Have them agree to tell their story within a set amount of issues; lets say 5-8. Then once it's finished, the book is handed to new creative team with a new story and character focus. Rise and Repeat. If the story sells well, and fans respond to it, bring the team and focus back after a few more stories Instead of giving random characters solos just to cancel them a year in with a bunch of plot holes and unfinished stories, you offer fans finished products for instance:

X-Men: Unlimited

1-5: Psylocke (does very well, promised a larger return story)
    6-12: Team story consisting of Dani, Cypher, Magma and Wolvesbane (does fair)
    13-15: Jubilee
    16-22: Psylocke
    22-30: Cyclops and Havok
    31-33: Bishop
    34-38: Gambit vs. Fantomex feat. Storm, Hawkeye, Black Cat, Lila Cheney and Pete Wisdom (dream project lol)

But you get it, I trust.
    I like this idea.
    There are so many X-characters with potential for solo stories, yet if they all got their series, I think most wouldn't last for long, like Storm and Cyclops. A book that spotlights popular characters from team books could be a good idea if marketed right. Fans would need to believe a character's story in X-men: Unlimited could impact the ongoing where they regularly appear (kind of like the Kitty Pryde & Wolverine mini impacted UXM, where the characters were absent for a time and later dealt with the ramifications of the mini).

Initially, I'd have one spotlight arc for each of the ongoings from my first posts:

1. Magik (X-men) - a story focusing on her training as a sorceress.
    2. Iceman (Astonishing X-factor) - an arc dealing with his coming out.
    3. Domino (Uncanny X-force) - a fun solo story away from her team's usual dark mood.
    4. Phoenix (X-men - Legacy) - Rachel is not happy about Emma running the new school, so she decides to visit...
    5. Indra (New Mutants) - a character spotlight on some of the forgotten young mutants helping out Dani's new team.
    6. Bishop (All-new Exiles) - a tale featuring Bishop's ride to redemption before joining the All-New Exiles.

After every book got a spotlight arc or issue, the rotation would begin again. Well-received characters would get new stories and others would be replaced by different characters.

Amazing Member

The Uncanny X-Men - Cyclops , Mystique , Cypher ,Psylocke , Manifold and Genesis
    This team are the ones that are out there , fighting for Mutantkind , Scott for so long the poster boy of Mutants , is now finally unshackled from the X-Men with others that have come to his way of thinking , he has persuaded Mystique the Spy , Cypher a man who has learnt to interpret battles and intentions even more than he can language. The ninja Psylocke is there as she has no real place else and this fight is worthy , Manifold has left the Avengers and is looking for direction .Genesis is with the team as he has been mentioned in Destinys diarys and Mystique is sure she will need him in the future.

The X-Men
    Storm , Nightcrawler ,Colossus , Marvel Girl , Wolverine (Laura)
    New Mutants
    The students of the JGA , overseen by Professor Pryde
    X-Factor of S.W.O.R.D
    Beast , Iceman , Sage , Dazzler , Omega Sentinal and Bishop
    X-Force
    Cable , Domino , Hope , Dr Nemesis , Box and Puck
    Excaliber
    Captain Britain , Meggan , Excaliber , The Black Knight and Wisdom

Great to have another thread with a more positive purpose! Those are sorely needed these days!

Okay, so if I got to call the shots on all x-books this is what I would do to set up the main universe books:

- After all the shit that they've gone through, many of the X-Men finally get tired of the seeming futility of their fight and due to lack of anyone who'd be willing to take leadership they decide to disband the team. This would seem almost like a logical conclusion after the stories we've had in recent years. And the way that many of the major characters who've gotten focus, like Cyclops, Storm, Wolverine, Kitty, Beast and Emma have been written lately IMO they need a bit of time off.

- Now that the X-Men as a team has disbanded and many of the X-Men have gone their separate ways or stayed at the school as teachers only, someone (Magneto? Havok? Polaris? resurrected non-Phoenix Jean?)) decides that world still needs X-Men to defend it and if the old X-Men don't have anyone motivated to restart the team then they have to do it and they start recruiting a suitable team.

I would probably have two books since not all of these characters fit into just one book because I want to be able to flesh them out and focus on these characters a bit. There might not be completely fixed teams but both teams would have designated field leader and teleporter for transport and psychic for communication and psi-protection during missions. These X-Men would operate out of their old Australian base

And these characters would be on the team/teams:

- Magneto (maybe the one who forms this team?)
    - Jean Grey (maybe the one who forms this team?)
    - Havok (leader/co-leader?)
    - Polaris (leader/co-leader?)
    - Mimic
    - Blink (transportation)
    - Magik (transportation)
    - Doctor Nemesis (the mad scientist, which is a must)
    - Cypher (tech support/mission control)
    - Psylocke (team psychic)
    - Nate Grey (psychic, trying to cope with his diminished powers)
    - Rachel Grey (another psychic, because with X-Men you gotta have at least 3 at any given moment!)
    - Sunfire
    - Frenzy
    - Synch (who would have been resurrected after Necrosha)
    - M (team muscle)

There might be some other characters added but those are the ones off the top of my head and even possibly another team that spins out of this that would star in a third book later as the story progresses. And while the a-list X-Men would appear as guest stars and cameos at times most of them wouldn't be part of the team/teams for a while since I'd like to have the x-books do something completely new and different while still maintaining it's core idea so what would be better than to do a new version of the ANAD X-Men team.

I'm not sure if Jean would be resurrected and then she would form this team or if she returns later in a story where the team discovers a Phoenix egg from which she would be reborn without any Phoenix powers. Her losing the connection to the PF would be mentioned a bit since it would be impossible not to but it wouldn't be a only focus and PF itself would be out of the picture for the foreseeable future. After hearing about all the stuff that has gone down since she died she doesn't really want to immediately face all the other X-Men instead wanting to figure out her place in this world before catching up with old friends and exes.

I would bring back the human supporting characters because those are really important to the X-Men.

Aside from the changes to 616 titles I would also start a new Exiles book that would feature a new Exiles team who might be based out of 616 at least at some point and would feature couple 616 characters who might appear less in other X-Books if they were on missions with Exiles if the team is based in 616 then some of them can join up with 616 X-Men on missions at times.

They'd work for a new Timebroker who could possibly appear as a psychic projection from Professor X. (since most are familiar with him that's the form Timebroker chooses to gain their trust) This new Timebroker would be the result of all the changes that previous Exiles teams made to multiverse. First it was the old Timebroker, then the bugs, then Kang and now this.

- Mimic, 616 version trying to live up to Exiles Mimic's legacy and become a respected hero like him
    - Blink from original or alternate AoA
    - Morph from Exiles or similar to AoA and Exiles versions
    - Sunpyre similar to Exiles Sunfire
    - Thunderbird original Exiles member or similar
    - Nocturne (original or similar to original)
    - Alternate Scarlet Witch, who was responsible for M-Day/Decimation on her world as well but is trying to actually redeem herself as a hero again. Tries to hide this from the other Exiles at first but once they learn about that it causes tensions within the team
    - Sabretooth from original or alternate AoA
    - Alternate version of Gabriel Shepherd from Brian Wood's X-Men run that would be more like Superman instead of the omnipotent being because x-books don't have that many Superman type powerhouses while they have ton of reality warping omnipotent powerhouses

I'd also be fine with not changing anything in 616 if I got even this Exiles team into it's own book but then I'd probably want to add some of the characters I listed for the x-books like Nate and Rachel and Doc Nemesis into the Exiles' cast.
    Last edited by JustAnotherFan; 08-12-2015 at 06:12 AM.

Uncanny X-Men
    Magneto, Mimic, Frenzy, Sabertooth, Rogue, Shaw and Danger

X-Girls
    Surge, Dust, Mercury, Loa, Trance

X-Factor
    Banshee, Bishop, M, Lifeguard, Sage, Husk, Jubilee and Chamber

Utopia
    Exodus, Random, Nate Grey, Boom Boom, Karma, Warpath
    The dream is dead, so wake up and fight!

X-Men: Cyclops runs a team to protect mutants without associating himself with the school so they aren't plague with his "crimes".
    Members: Cyclops, Havok, Polaris, Psylocke, Wolverine (Laura), Nightcrawler, Gambit, Danger, Cypher, Warlock
    Villains: Hellfire Club (Shaw, Mystique, Sabretooth, Silver Samurai, Daken, Mastermind Sisters), Brotherhood (Joseph, Astra, Bishop, Animax, Tattooed Man, Masque). Unit, New Sentinels, Azazel and the Crimson Pirates, Sisterhood

Uncanny X-Men: Stories about the school with students and teacher
    Members: Beast (Headmaster), Storm (Headmistress), Rachel, Iceman, Pixie (guidance counselor), students
    Villains: Hellfire Academy, O5 (revealed to be time travelling Doombots), Young Masters of Evil,

Dazzler and the X-Factor: Dazzler goes on tour with some young mutants performing music and solving mysteries
    Members: Dazzler,

Exiles: Alternate universe mutants travelling through universes
    Members: 616 Sage, Ultimate Shadowcat, Ex-slave Cyclops, General Howlett, Bloodstorm, Age of X Magneto

X-Force: Hope, Domino, Colossus, Warpath, Dr Nemesis, Forget-Me-Not
    Last edited by Mutant God; 08-12-2015 at 05:24 PM.

I would keep things the way they are but I would come up with a Summers family team.
    Cyclops
    Cable
    Havok
    Rachel

Joined by Bishop, Rogue and Dazzler.

I had this idea of Cyclops putting on a mask and becoming Basilisk again since we have teen Cyclops for good now.

I'm usually hesitant to root for these characters to appear in ongoings (esp. without major re-tooling) but the idea of Psylocke, Gambit, and Frenzy in X-Force sounds amazing and perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by RCX View Post
    I would keep things the way they are but I would come up with a Summers family team.
    Cyclops
    Cable
    Havok
    Rachel

Joined by Bishop, Rogue and Dazzler.

I had this idea of Cyclops putting on a mask and becoming Basilisk again since we have teen Cyclops for good now.
    Oh my god. Have you been reading my mind/fanfic ideas?!
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starsmoar View Post
    I'm usually hesitant to root for these characters to appear in ongoings (esp. without major re-tooling) but the idea of Psylocke, Gambit, and Frenzy in X-Force sounds amazing and perfect.
    Frenzy IMO, once becoming an X-Man should have no choice but to be on an X-Force team. A super stronger, super durable woman, who's an ex-merc and has a super mean streak? I'd love to see her literally rip someone in half (because on a bad day, should could actually do that...). Psylocke by nature is made for an X-Force team but her conscious is kind of annoying and she might be too powerful (thanks Remender) to be hands on as much as she is. Gambit started out as an antihero and slowly became a heartthrob without much to do once new age creators came in and took Rogue away. His current status as King of Thieves and connections into the underworld should make him a prime candidate, especially if a writer can recapture his more bad boy perona thats been absent since 95' or so. Gambit threw blades in AoA, shot kinetically charged bullets with a rifle in AoX. He tormented Sabretooth for weeks and came pretty close to killing him cold blood. He can turn someone's clothing into a bomb or put them through a wall with a cueball. Bring back the Ragin Cajun.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

I like it too. I'd really like to see Gambit and Magneto on the same team without the kid gloves on. Not saying they'd fight, because it wouldn't exactly be fair with a fully powered Magneto. But there's a lot of unsaid words, mostly on Gambit's side. The guy's (Magneto) made a career out of screwin with him in several realities.

Add the Cable/ Deadpool dynamic and the bound the explode Domino/Frenzy interaction with Psylocke laughing at the lot of them and calling them pathetic. Makes more sense than Uncanny X-Men.

Not to mention Cable and Magneto's ideologies match up very well. Hell, one can say Cable's last group of X-Force and Magneto's solo walked the same path. Going after shadow groups and rogue government agencies that take advantage of mutants. The whole "Don't @#%$ with us" theme. Might be pretty cool with tensions between them and the Inhumans rising.
    I really really think Gambit and Mags on a team is a bad idea.... Given how little cred Gambit has left and how much writers enjoy abusing him... I imagine if it came to words he'd just flat out lose and he doesn't have the heat anymore to take Mags... I could imagine it running a bit like this..

Gambit: Shut up old man....
    Magneto: Haha that's not what Anna said last time I wasn't being a stranger.... That thing with the tequila, handcuffs, beanbag and Rubber glove... genius.... By the way Polaris asked me to remind you to look after your personal hygiene apparently you taste like ash and smell like week old Gumbo. But you know its not all bad we have a great Fax machine and Cipher isn't here so no competition....
    Gambit..... *Goes and drinks and cries with his cats*'

Base on what Gerry Duggan said "Rogue is an important character. She's got a heavy cross to bear in this series. She's in a leadership role, and she's going to have some personal problems right out of the gate that I don't quite want to comment on. I have some very interesting plans for her, on the battlefield and off. When we first meet Rogue eight months later, she'll be dealing with the high price of saving lives. On a personal note, she's always been one of my favorites, and readers who are in for the long haul will get to enjoy big stories that move all these characters forward" being on her team is unlikely and if it were it would likely be painful for Gambit and more handbag treatment by the writers.....

It's enough to make you blood boil.... What Gambit needs his own team to build Cred.. One without established characters so people can remember why he is a good thing... That or enough time away that the writers remember he's a good character and actually want to use him and not as a prop for some other up and comer...

It'd be nice to get him to run his own team out of New Orleans (He has an estate and funds).. But not as a thief its been done and as guild King its beneath him except on rare occasions. I much more see him leading a team reigning in elements of the guilds that go to far and dealing with the Going on In New Orleans. His team would compromise more junior members that he can mentor and grow with (We could skip unkillable hero/Muscle and the OP telepath team members and have a team more reliant on team work and unique skills to tackle things. With fewer escape options and OP team members we could have some real sense of danger with a bit less dues ex machina and just smart action.. Maybe explore his skill with reading cards to provide vague guidance). Use some of the local characters they have already developed in his solo's.. I'd like to see them expand on his world in New Orleans. With its history it could be an interesting place. Mix Mutants, Voodoo, Hoodoo, Warlocks, Vampires, Daemons, etc you could keep his team very busy between factions. I reckon with the world in a precarious state the boundaries between the worlds weak and the universes crashed together decimating the extended number of heroes (All alt versions dead) and heroes so busy in fighting it could be great time to introduce more out there Villian's from the Nether Realms. Maybe use the shadow King as a proxy to bring more evil into the world... With New Orleans being his home town they could add some mystery back to him throwing out innuendo and adding some skeletons to his closet. Add some speculation again about his parentage seeing as its not really dealt with, half human half older ethereal being, which could explain the eye's and raise more questions than answers... Much broader and more interesting than X-Force whipping boy for Mags.. Also it's not in his Character to be a killer, a thief yes, won't save you if he thinks your an outright tool yes, but out right do anything to win killer he isn't. It's why he joined the X-men.