All-New Member

Default A (possible) mistake about Nova Corps in the Guardians movie

Hallo,

I don't really know if it is worth opening a thread for this but it has been bugging me for a long time know.
    It's about the nova ranks in guardians. It apears that they have skiped the Milennian rank or used the wrong symbol for the Denarians on the nova uniforms. Denarian Saal seems to wear the Milennian rank (according to marvel wiki) on his uniform and Dey as well at the end of the movie.
    I was wondering if someone else has noticed this or if I'm just reading to much into it. It has really been annonying me so much that I just wanted to express it somehow.

Thanks for your answers and have a nice day
    Last edited by Cris318; 08-10-2015 at 03:15 PM.

The movie is not the comics. They can structure their Nova Corps however they want.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

All-New Member

Guess you're right. Curious to see what they - especially Gunn - do with the Nova Corps. Loved them in the movie even though we don't know alot about them. Maybe they do more than four ranks.

Fantastic Member 50yearoldNovafan's Avatar

I don't think they really cared, which is kind of sad. They wanted to put the Corps in, but they were basically just cannon fodder.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

I'm still holding out hope that since the Nova fleet of ships was destroyed in GOTG, they will upgrade to the suits from the comics.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by 50yearoldNovafan View Post
    I don't think they really cared, which is kind of sad. They wanted to put the Corps in, but they were basically just cannon fodder.
    Gunn is a fan of Nova and I think that's why he included them. Wouldn't be surprised if he helms a Nova movie in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by dvgravity View Post
    Gunn is a fan of Nova and I think that's why he included them. Wouldn't be surprised if he helms a Nova movie in the future.
    Apparently he likes the Nova Corps, but doesn't really care for the character himself.
    http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/conten...ver-show-movie

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    Apparently he likes the Nova Corps, but doesn't really care for the character himself.
    http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/conten...ver-show-movie
    Don't see a problem, Richard Rider isn't a requirement for Nova. Also James Gunn might not end up making it, someone else might since it couldn't really use the same tone as GOTG. Either way I can see them making Nova a Xandarian as it makes more sense.