Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hurnslice View Post
    A tour of the new "bat cave" in PoI. I loved the library but this looks really cool.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/10/01/pe...arters-subway/
    that was my first thought as well. it took him three full seasons but he finally got his batcave

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post
    It seems that the Machine has given Samaritan a reason for Shaw to meet with Romeo. Pretty much, Shaw and Romeo are about to become a "couple", thus granting Shaw access to both underground contacts and materials. And she gets to be a part of the mayhem, while not causing it, which is what Samaritan is specifically looking for when looking for Shaw.

Pretty much, Reese has had to become Carter while Shaw will have to let others do what she no longer can to avoid detection by Samaritan. And as much as Shaw hates her job, it does provide great opportunities to talk with Root without many people around. Honestly, no one hangs out in the perfume section of a store unless they absolutely have to be there.

I still love that Lionel has no idea about the Machine or Samaritan, and that he's largely okay with not knowing. He's a good soldier who follows orders and trusts Reese's and Finch's leadership. He's pretty much the team's secret weapon. Well, he and Bear.

Btw, no mention of Finch seemingly gaining a batcave? I'd love to see it loaded with old time computers, like the 60's batcave that used punch cards.
    You know the first thing I thought of was "Hey it's the turtles' hang out from the third movie".
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Samaritan capable of doing recruitment through dangerous games somehow freaked me the hell out. Excellent episode.
    That was scary especially since it's recruiting it's own version of Root. I'm worried about the fact that Harold might have to go up against that girl again. That scene at the top of the building was touching and sad. She wants direction with a worthy cause but has no idea that she's about to join with people I think she would probably despise.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    You know the first thing I thought of was "Hey it's the turtles' hang out from the third movie".
    Correction, the Turtles found that hang out in the second movie, not the third (though it was still in the third as well).
    And that was also pretty much my first thought as well. God, a POI and classic TMNT crossover would be amazing, flipping amazing.

That was scary especially since it's recruiting it's own version of Root. I'm worried about the fact that Harold might have to go up against that girl again. That scene at the top of the building was touching and sad. She wants direction with a worthy cause but has no idea that she's about to join with people I think she would probably despise.
    Problem is, will she go all villain for her new, er, meaning-giver?

Astonishing Member

Until this episode, I didn't think Samaritan could get creepier.

Also nice to see a Portishead song; this show always has the best music.

Correction, the Turtles found that hang out in the second movie, not the third (though it was still in the third as well).
    And that was also pretty much my first thought as well. God, a POI and classic TMNT crossover would be amazing, flipping amazing.

Problem is, will she go all villain for her new, er, meaning-giver?
    Wow I really should have known that and kinda disappointed with myself. You know what would be a good crossover? Ernie Reyes Jr. He could throw down some tarzan ninjitsu on some baddies.

As for the new girl going full villain, I really hope not. She's angry and disillusioned but also smart with some of her ideals still attached. So there's hope.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Astonishing Member

The Dominic twist was slightly predictable, only because it's now expected to look for that kind of huge reveal at this point. Good done in one episode.
    Last edited by Kid A; 10-15-2014 at 05:57 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    The Dominic twist was slightly predictable, only because it's now expected to look for that kind of huge reveal at this point. Good done in one episode.
    At first it seemed like it was going to be a done in one -- but Dominic is going to be a recurring character. And there was some ambiguity as to what will eventually happen with the boy Reese saved - he might join forces with The Brotherhood once he learns they are responsible for springing his mom out of the joint. "Hearts and minds."

Saw that yesterday. Fall of 2015 seems like a long way off. Hopefully the ratings don't crash and CBS does something stupid - like move it to Sunday or Friday - before then.
    That is the Hurnslice I've come to know. Slightly confused but armed to the teeth and willing to eff you up! - RedRonin

Astonishing Member

Honestly, I think 5 seasons would be an adequate length, but we'll see.

Astonishing Member

Good god, I thought Root was going to die.

About time Greer showed up again, and his presence gives me serious chills.

And now Samaritan is rigging elections. Most evil computer ever!

I'm really liking the visuals they give Samaritan. It's somehow colder and it fits with the creepy 'evil' vibe. My only complaint was with the assassin lady and how they have her acting so terminator like. There's a way to do cold and methodical without dipping into the robot caricature that she portrays.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    I'm really liking the visuals they give Samaritan. It's somehow colder and it fits with the creepy 'evil' vibe. My only complaint was with the assassin lady and how they have her acting so terminator like. There's a way to do cold and methodical without dipping into the robot caricature that she portrays.
    Then again, she's working for the evil master computer, robot-like might have been one of Samaritan's prerequisites.

Then again, she's working for the evil master computer, robot-like might have been one of Samaritan's prerequisites.
    True and if it's part of the story that's cool. It's just the visual is off putting for me. But that's such a minor personal nitpick because this show is so very good which I was somewhat weary about when Carter got taken out.
    I'm excited to see how they'll handle the 'meeting' between the Machine and Harold. Is it going to be another scavenger hunt for clues that build up to its endgame or will there be some kind of creative conversation between the two?
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Ultimate Member

Good god, I thought Root was going to die.

About time Greer showed up again, and his presence gives me serious chills.
    Same. I can't lose Fred...Root again!