Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Fox Not Giving Up on "Fantastic Four"

Despite an abysmal box office performance, the studio remains committed to the characters and plans to find a way to "make use of them."

Full article here.

We'll see after DVD sales in a few months....You're already losing a lot of money, FOX.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Going to be a long, lonely uphill climb for Fox this point on with the Fantastic Four, and while it doesn't mean it can't be done, I wonder what tricks they can pull out of their sleeve.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

All-New Member

Please Fox, just sell/trade/give it back to Marvel, and focus solely on the X-Universe and making proper Deadpool movies.

Besides, I was under the impression that due to the way the contracts were structured, Fox couldn't mix and match the X-Men and Fantastic Four properties without special permission or a new deal, so no X-Men fighting Galactus and no Fantastic Four fighting Mr Sinister, etc.
    Last edited by Jigawatts; 08-10-2015 at 08:03 PM.

All-New Member

Fox would be idiots to crossover this version of the Fantastic Four with the X-Men. It would end up backfiring and bringing X-Men down instead.

Fantastic Four 2015/X-Men movie plz.

Absolutely ridiculous. I predict an attempt at a solo spinoff movie. But hey, we'll see.

Spectacular Member oldschoolfan's Avatar

I find it odd that the Fox exec says he is committed to the characters when he/the company hasn't produced anything resembling the original comics Dr. Doom since they have had the franchise. The first two FF movies had the characters right, the interplay/chemistry was right....but Dr. Dooms origin is wrong in both films and he doesn't have superhero skin disease.

This new iteration doesn't seem to be any where close to the original at all. And even if its supposed to be the Ultimates version....was that all that good any way? I am asking sincerely. It sure doesn't seem to be adapted to the screen very well.

I am in favor of them selling it back to Disney.

Any production/team up, with this cast, will die a horrible death or take the other franchise down with them.

Sell the rights back to Marvel.

Fantastic Four is a commercial and critical bomb. It has no support from the general audience, and it has no support from the fans. Absolutely nothing Fox does with this iteration of the Fantastic Four will sell. The pathetic opening weekend numbers prove that.

In short, they're full of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Absolutely ridiculous. I predict an attempt at a solo spinoff movie. But hey, we'll see.
    Because Elektra and XMO:W worked so well for them.... It seems like they're still in denial at this point. Give it a few months and see if plans change. Sony came to their senses, maybe Fox can to.
    Last edited by A_Nominus; 08-10-2015 at 08:42 PM.

Despite the fact that Fox are looking at a loss of around $60 million on Fantastic Four, the prospect of them throwing in the towel and handing the rights back to Marvel Studios always seemed a bit too good to be true. Despite the fact that the movie pretty much f**ked everything up, a sequel could fix at least a few of its mistakes (that was just a Doombot, right? Right?!), and HitFix has heard that that is indeed the plan as of right now. "Everything I've heard would indicate that the studio will move forward with a Fantastic Four sequel. It may not make that original 2017 date, but they're definitely planning to make it."

Before you doubt this claim, these comments come from the same person who revealed that Marvel and Sony were talking about making a deal for Spider-Man. The site also adds further fuel to the Josh Trank vs. Fox fire as they add that those early reports about the movie being totally scrapped may have been correct. "He may claim that his cut a year ago was amazing, but that opinion was not shared by the majority of the people working on the film. There were internal conversations at that point about potentially scrapping everything. That's how strong the concerns were."
    Comes off as a desperate bluff. Is Fox aware that, you know, we can see how this movie is performing?

Fatn4stic 2 will come out when Green Lantern 2 does.

This is Fox trying to secure a good deal with Marvel. "No, we're not giving up on Fantastic Four! It bombed with critics with 9%, it bombed with audiences, it bombed and couldn't even make $26 million over four days... we're making a sequel." Okay, Fox. You think we're all stupid enough to believe that?

Go ahead and actually make the movie, Fox. Flush more of your money away, because the same thing would happen. No one turned out for this one, and you think they'll show up for the sequel? Maybe in Delusional Land.

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

Fox really needs to throw in the towel. Although they did wanders for the X-men they clearly have no idea how to handle FF. Dr. Doom was only a true villain in the reboot and even in this one he was way off base. If they do decide to make a sequel for some weird reason, then they have got to replace the cast because most of them were terrible. What was the whole point of the survey if they were just going to keep the rights anyway?
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

All-New Member

This is a PR move. Fox has to say this and act like they still have confidence in their product or they risk further damaging any potential profits from the film. After the film finishes its run and goes to DVD we'll see what Fox is really planning to do. I really hope they'll be willing to play ball with Marvel, I'd really love to see Galactus and Silver Surfer in Infinity War.

"Next time, we'll make it even more gritty and grounded!"