Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Corrupt a Wish

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    This one's easy.

They do but they still gain money and pass a new legislature that terms this income "separate expenses" thus allowing them to still be "in poverty".

I wish every website on the internet was combined into one giant megawebsite, without there being the ability to make new ones.
    The site is too much for any computer on Earth to handle, causing them to explode upon trying to load it killing you and billions of other internet users.

I wish that humanity loses it's capacity for hate in a way that does not affect anyone mentally or physically in any other way.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    The site is too much for any computer on Earth to handle, causing them to explode upon trying to load it killing you and billions of other internet users.

I wish that humanity loses it's capacity for hate in a way that does not affect anyone mentally or physically in any other way.
    No one in the world hates anything any more. This means that nobody hates Justin Bieber or the new Fantastic Four movie.

I wish to win the super mega millions lottery.
    Last edited by T-1000; 08-11-2015 at 04:07 PM. Reason: -1 internet for you

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by T-1000 View Post
    I wish to win the super mega millions lottery.
    You win the super mega millions lottery. You get killed for the inheritance three days later.

I wish to become the most greedy, evil, cruel, bigoted, materially and spiritually poor, violent, warlike, murderous, mysogynistic, cynical, stupid human on the planet. But you can't actually change anything about me and you can't reduce the number of people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    You win the super mega millions lottery. You get killed for the inheritance three days later.

I wish to become the most greedy, evil, cruel, bigoted, materially and spiritually poor, violent, warlike, murderous, mysogynistic, cynical, stupid human on the planet. But you can't actually change anything about me and you can't reduce the number of people on the planet.
    Wish Granted, but literally every person on the planet is a carbon copy of the new you now.

I wish I had the ability to gain the powers of any character I read about

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TerryAce View Post
    Wish Granted, but literally every person on the planet is a carbon copy of the new you now.

I wish I had the ability to gain the powers of any character I read about
    Granted, but all written language is now and forevermore only about normal people with preturnaturally chronic flatulence.

I wish the person who grants this wish turns into Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Granted, but all written language is now and forevermore only about normal people with preturnaturally chronic flatulence.

I wish the person who grants this wish turns into Donald Trump.
    Granted, but I was already Donald Trump

I wish that the world becomes a better place
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Granted, but I was already Donald Trump

I wish that the world becomes a better place
    The world becomes a better place . . . for unstable sado-masochists leading to lots of trouble for everyone else.

I wish that mankind be psychically fused into a benevolent hive-mind in a way that does not physically or mentally affect them otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    The world becomes a better place . . . for unstable sado-masochists leading to lots of trouble for everyone else.

I wish that mankind be psychically fused into a benevolent hive-mind in a way that does not physically or mentally affect them otherwise.
    This succeeds, but the hivemind itself becomes unstable and dissipates within a matter of days.

I wish we were all telekinetic on the level of Tetsuo from Akira, with perfect control and precision in our power.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

This succeeds, but the hivemind itself becomes unstable and dissipates within a matter of days.

I wish we were all telekinetic on the level of Tetsuo from Akira, with perfect control and precision in our power.
    Granted, but the sheer power eventually melts our brains into goop in our skulls.

I wish I was a reoccurring part of the universe, able to remember and retain the skills of my past lives.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TerryAce View Post
    Granted, but the sheer power eventually melts our brains into goop in our skulls.

I wish I was a reoccurring part of the universe, able to remember and retain the skills of my past lives.

Granted. You are also an endlessly reincarnating amoeba.

I wish for world peace.

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    Granted. You are also an endlessly reincarnating amoeba.

I wish for world peace.
    Granted. Their is no longer any weapons on Earth or the desire to harm others. The zombie invasion that follows devastates mankind.

I wish for the infinity gauntlet w/ gems and the skill to use it.

Granted, but world peace comes ad an after effect of full scale nuclear war.

I wish that exactly one year from now, in an area of the world that is completely void of life, the Atacama Desert, a grain of sand is swept away by the wind.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

It seems that you were writing your message while Bluekey was posting his, Cthulhu, so I'll take care of both of your wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Granted, but world peace comes ad an after effect of full scale nuclear war.

I wish that exactly one year from now, in an area of the world that is completely void of life, the Atacama Desert, a grain of sand is swept away by the wind.
    Granted, but that grain of sand hits another grain which hits another grain, etc... until a final ends up in a Head of State's eye at an inconvenient moment, which somehow provokes a diplomatic incident which ends in World War 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluekey View Post
    Granted. Their is no longer any weapons on Earth or the desire to harm others. The zombie invasion that follows devastates mankind.

I wish for the infinity gauntlet w/ gems and the skill to use it.
    Granted, but it comes at the cost of your arms (could an armless person use the Gauntlet, actually? If that's the case, make the loss extra painful, so that you can't concentrate and use the Gauntlet correctly)

As for me, I wish for Post Crisis Batman's resources, skills and stats without anyone having to die for it and without supervillains spawning. Oh, and without having my psyche being affected.
    Last edited by FrenchGemini; 08-12-2015 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Because I had a somewhat more plausible idea for Cthulhu's wish.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    The corrupt a wish is to do that. Corrupt a wish.

So in case of pebble it can be yeah a pebble appears that is harmless but now you yourself are harmless in you cannot do anything to get it or anything akin to a statue.

Edit: so yeah the pebble appears but then a mind transfer so your brain is now in pebble, becoming a sentient one or something.

Because as your making the wish the one corrupting it is corrupting you with the wish.

the point is to out dick each other.
    So, regardless of how the wish is worded? We can just add crap to it without rhyme or reason?

Bleah.

I thought the point was to come up with clever ways to twist the wording.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Am alternate interpretation of your wish could be that the pebble is moving at relative velocity zero from you forever, by virtue of making it so that neither you nor the rock can move from that point. Or by putting both of your velocities at *absolute* zero so the planet slams into both of you at thousands of miles per hour.
    This is more like it.

The issue with the first is that there's nothing in the wish about myself, so why would the rock being there cancel my own velocity? More likely I'd end up with a pebble that followed me around everywhere. Which is a tad annoying.

With the second, I was pretty specific with 'subjective' velocity. And, again, of the rock, not me. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    So, regardless of how the wish is worded? We can just add crap to it without rhyme or reason?

Bleah.

I thought the point was to come up with clever ways to twist the wording.

This is more like it.

The issue with the first is that there's nothing in the wish about myself, so why would the rock being there cancel my own velocity? More likely I'd end up with a pebble that followed me around everywhere. Which is a tad annoying.

With the second, I was pretty specific with 'subjective' velocity. And, again, of the rock, not me. ^_^
    You specifically said "with relative velocity zero with regards to me." That left the door open for your own velocity to be a factor in the wish, since it being at relative velocity zero with regards to you means that you would also be at relative velocity zero with regards to *it*. If you had further specified it as "with relative velocity zero with regards to me at the moment before I made my wish," that would have been at least somewhat harder to subvert.