Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Corrupt a Wish

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    You specifically said "with relative velocity zero with regards to me." That left the door open for your own velocity to be a factor in the wish, since it being at relative velocity zero with regards to you means that you would also be at relative velocity zero with regards to *it*. If you had further specified it as "with relative velocity zero with regards to me at the moment before I made my wish," that would have been at least somewhat harder to subvert.
    Kind of see your point here, though the wish doesn't have anything to do with my velocity vis à vis everything else.

But okay, cool. :)
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

The Recipe for Disaster Blackid's Avatar

Plus Sharp, it seems as though you are trying to play the game as if you try to make a wish where there are no consequences... if that's the case then where's the fun? My favorite so far is the cupcake IN the wishers hand.

How bout this one guys... I wish for a million wishes...
    The Recipe for Disaster asks for Blasphemy, but as for me, ask for me, I give it gravity.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blackid View Post
    How bout this one guys... I wish for a million wishes...
    You are buried alive under an avalanche of 250,000 monkey's paws (each with four wishes, unlike the original story), crushing the life from your feeble body.

I wish you well.
    Last edited by StupidMoniker; 08-12-2015 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    You are buried alive under an avalanche of 250,000 monkey's paws (each with four wishes, unlike the original story), crushing the life from your feeble body.

I wish you , well.
    You are forced to spend the remainder of your life wandering about the planet , wishing every inanimate village well "Good morning/ evening / happy birthday " etc

I wish I had the Pre Retcon Beyonder's powers without my mental or physical health being affected in any way , or anything else in the universe changing except for me , with the added clause of no being being more or even as powerful as me existing in this or any other reality

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

double post
    Last edited by Lucena Soares; 08-13-2015 at 03:20 AM.

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

I wish I had the Pre Retcon Beyonder's powers without my mental or physical health being affected in any way , or anything else in the universe changing except for me , with the added clause of no being being more or even as powerful as me existing in this or any other reality[/QUOTE]

Since your mind stays the same, you will be forever unable to understand the highter schems of the multiverse, turning your omnipotence into a exercise of frustation.
    I wish to transform a normal lasagna into a vegetarian lasagna, without my mental or physical health being affected in any way , or anything else in the universe changing except for the lasagna.

The Recipe for Disaster Blackid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucena Soares View Post
    I wish I had the Pre Retcon Beyonder's powers without my mental or physical health being affected in any way , or anything else in the universe changing except for me , with the added clause of no being being more or even as powerful as me existing in this or any other reality

Since your mind stays the same, you will be forever unable to understand the highter schems of the multiverse, turning your omnipotence into a exercise of frustation.
    I wish to transform a normal lasagna into a vegetarian lasagna, without my mental or physical health being affected in any way , or anything else in the universe changing except for the lasagna.
    See, here's the problem with, I wish...but with....and no....,

Done. now what? Garfield enters the room and after tasting the lasagna realizes it's not real meat and goes rabid chewing you and clawing you to death....

I wish I was an author of a best seller novel. (make it simple guys)

The Recipe for Disaster asks for Blasphemy, but as for me, ask for me, I give it gravity.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blackid View Post

I wish I was an author of a best seller novel. (make it simple guys)

Granted. You are now J.R.R. Tolkein, and you're...ALREADY DEAD!

I wish you Hell...

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchGemini View Post
    It seems that you were writing your message while Bluekey was posting his, Cthulhu, so I'll take care of both of your wishes.

Granted, but that grain of sand hits another grain which hits another grain, etc... until a final ends up in a Head of State's eye at an inconvenient moment, which somehow provokes a diplomatic incident which ends in World War 3.

Granted, but it comes at the cost of your arms (could an armless person use the Gauntlet, actually? If that's the case, make the loss extra painful, so that you can't concentrate and use the Gauntlet correctly)

As for me, I wish for Post Crisis Batman's resources, skills and stats without anyone having to die for it and without supervillains spawning. Oh, and without having my psyche being affected.
    You didn't specify what specific stage of Post Crisis Batman, so you get him at one of the times he was broken to the point of which only magical comic kung fu could heal.

I wish for a hamburger given to the homeless guy I'm looking at outside of my window right now, only to be granted if it is not corrupted in a way as indicated that we are supposed to do by the OP of this thread.

^^^edit - I guess the thread was moved along or didn't load all of the way or something, so I grant myself hell on earth as seen in Hellraiser 3, and you're stuck right in the middle of it.
    Last edited by abmccray; 08-13-2015 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by abmccray View Post
    You didn't specify what specific stage of Post Crisis Batman, so you get him at one of the times he was broken to the point of which only magical comic kung fu could heal.

I wish for a hamburger given to the homeless guy I'm looking at outside of my window right now, only to be granted if it is not corrupted in a way as indicated that we are supposed to do by the OP of this thread.

^^^edit - I guess the thread was moved along or didn't load all of the way or something, so I grant myself hell on earth as seen in Hellraiser 3, and you're stuck right in the middle of it.
    The Hamburger is the best hamburger the poor guy ever ate, however, unfortunately, he already had high cholesterol and heart issues and the hamburger gives him a blood clot and he dies from a stroke...but I'll be kind and let him die peacefully in his sleep with the memory of having eaten the best hamburger ever.

I wish that I had the power to grant wishes, but only to those I deem worthy and whose wishes I deem worthy.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    The Hamburger is the best hamburger the poor guy ever ate, however, unfortunately, he already had high cholesterol and heart issues and the hamburger gives him a blood clot and he dies from a stroke...but I'll be kind and let him die peacefully in his sleep with the memory of having eaten the best hamburger ever.

I wish that I had the power to grant wishes, but only to those I deem worthy and whose wishes I deem worthy.
    You are now able to grant wishes, but your hands become Monkey Paws signifying the backstabbing quality of them.

I wish I had the abilities of every video game protagonist ever without their weaknesses or the abilities affecting me negatively either physically or mentally.

Indeed you do get there powers. But in game. Yes your the star of the next big triple A game, but stuck there for someone to hit the play button.

I wish to be a eldrich abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    I wish to be a eldrich abomination.
    Granted, but you keep your human mind. As such, you're condemned to never look at your reflection again, otherwise you'll be driven into insanity.

I wish all of you a Merry Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchGemini View Post
    Granted, but you keep your human mind. As such, you're condemned to never look at your reflection again, otherwise you'll be driven into insanity.

I wish all of you a Merry Christmas.
    Granted, but Cthulhu finally gets his wish and everything dies.

My wish is simple. Nothing.

Nothing happens to anybody, anything, anyone anywhere, living, dead, mashed potato, nothing at all; and everything continues as it has since the beginning.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Granted, but Cthulhu finally gets his wish and everything dies.

My wish is simple. Nothing.

Nothing happens to anybody, anything, anyone anywhere, living, dead, mashed potato, nothing at all; and everything continues as it has since the beginning.
    Since everything eventually returns to nothing in the end, and you wished for nothing to happen, The Nothing happens and begins erasing everyone and everything, living, dead, and even mashed potatos.

I wish that Pleasantville overtakes the whole planet without anyone as that annoying kid hellbent on spreading color.