Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast

I think it was time. There wasn't much left to do with Rick at this point. I think his character had run it's course.

I'm really curious to see what Kirkman does now. So, I won't be dropping it.

Astonishing Member

Without Rick i see sales dropping. For me it was always Ricks and to some extend Micchones story, so i will stay as long as its a good read.

There was no need to kill him, he could have lived at the sidelines with other characters taking over the story.

I think that was largely already happening.

After All Out War, Rick very much seemed to take a side role. He was still important in the community, but he was very much not the center of attention. It felt to me like Kirkman was setting this up for a while. So, I wasn't really surprised it happened.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

According to this...Negan will now take over as the lead character in comics.

https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead...obert-kirkman/
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    According to this...Negan will now take over as the lead character in comics.

https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead...obert-kirkman/
    I took him saying that as a joke. The book doesn't really have a main character anymore, even when Rick was alive.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Meh. This hasn’t been great for quite some time. I felt indifferent to the main characters death, and that isn’t how
    I should be feeling.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Meh. This hasn’t been great for quite some time. I felt indifferent to the main characters death, and that isn’t how
    I should be feeling.
    I agree. I haven't really enjoyed reading the book much lately. I feel like there are too many characters and some of them look very alike to where I don't really know who is who. Then you get 1 page of characters F, G, then 1 page of characters L,M ...etc. I'd rather get a big portion of a few characters then small portions of many characters.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

It might be a good idea now for Carl to go out on his own away from the towns. Sort of just have him go on a walkabout by himself to some places we have not seen yet to clear his head and let him deal and process what has happened. Let him get back out there to the crazier parts of the world. It would be a nice change of pace for a while. Sort of like what Morgan did on Dear the Walking Dead show.

Incredible Member

I've been enjoying the Commonwealth arc. I dropped off years ago but a binge reading of 50 issues and I was back in again. Rick was pretty much finished as a character - I still only half understand why he shot dwight and he was a proper mangy dog by the end.

What I dont understand about the series is that they just all seem to have given up wanting to find out what actually happened to create the walking dead in the first place. It's interesting to me seeing how different groups form and structure their communities but the dead are very much whatever now.

BANNED

Hey guys, I'm looking for a good jumping off point on this series to finish my collection. The last volume I have is 25 where Rick finds spoilers:
    a bunch of chafacters' heads on pikes
    end of spoilers . How many more trades do I have to buy for me to feel like I can jump off and feel a sense of closure for the characters and overall storyline?

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Hey guys, I'm looking for a good jumping off point on this series to finish my collection. The last volume I have is 25 where Rick finds spoilers:
    a bunch of chafacters' heads on pikes
    end of spoilers . How many more trades do I have to buy for me to feel like I can jump off and feel a sense of closure for the characters and overall storyline?
    That overall story line, or the bigger picture story as a whole?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    That overall story line, or the bigger picture story as a whole?
    Bigger picture. I just want an ending for myself so I can move on. I love the series and it's been fun but I'm tired now

I would say #192 (Volume 32)... It's the end of a major character arc, and it's also the last issue of the 4th Compendium (I buy the compendium editions). Even the last frame of 192 feels like it's an ending (kind of).

If you are at Volume 25, that would mean to buy 7 more volumes (or just buy the 4th compendium which contains #145-192 - Volumes 25-32 - in October), and that's it.
    Last edited by Morsoth; 06-23-2019 at 08:22 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Morsoth View Post
    I would say #192 (Volume 32)... It's the end of a major character arc, and it's also the last issue of the 4th Compendium (I buy the compendium editions). Even the last frame of 192 feels like it's an ending (kind of).

If you are at Volume 25, that would mean to buy 7 more volumes (or just buy the 4th compendium which contains #145-192 - Volumes 25-32 - in October), and that's it.
    Thank you. I think I'll wait til year's end and finish the collection by then. Been collecting it for over a decade and it's been a great ride but emotionally I can only take so much, especially when it's a comic series over a television or film series. Something about it makes me feel more connected. Looking forward to finishing it up

Bleeding Cool is saying that the solicits for issues 194 and 195 are fake, and that 193 is the finale!
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/07...-193-spoilers/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman