Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Bleeding Cool is saying that the solicits for issues 194 and 195 are fake, and that 193 is the finale!
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/07...-193-spoilers/
    It's over like that?

Apparently so. Two days, we'll know for sure.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    It's over like that?
    Take a close look at the #194/#195 solicits.

If it's not wrapping up at #193, it is the most brilliant curve ball in recent memory.

Edit:

That said, I honestly felt like it was going to be something like a couple of issues along the lines of the companion show and then wrap it up at #196/#197. Maybe set up a new ongoing.

Seems like I guessed incorrectly.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 07-01-2019 at 02:52 PM.

There is also this pair of Twitter posts. If it's not drawing to a close, it's a pretty great joke.

- https://twitter.com/RobertKirkman/st...57280370761728

- https://twitter.com/RobertKirkman/st...99958811107329

The comments section of that second one is kind of a chuckle.

Note:

Be forewarned that there is what might be a page scan in those comments that lets the cat all of the way out of the bag if it is on the level.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 07-01-2019 at 03:06 PM.

Figures. I just start reading this series. 36 issues in and it stops. At least I can catch up now I guess.

I am a huge fan of the show. Am five seasons in. I love that the comics are so much different from the show. I got into the show first and thought that the comics would be like it. Thats why I didnt get into the comics for so long because I didnt want to read what I just watched. But I can enjoy them both on their own merits and really love it.
    Last edited by babyblob; 07-02-2019 at 08:59 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

My gosh! I only buy the Compendiums (but I own Here's Negan, the Survival Guide, and the FCBD special) but I'll take #193 for sure tomorrow.

That explains why Stefano Gaudiano's inking ended with issue #192… They wanted to keep the details of #193 for themselves (Robert Kirkman and Charlie Adlard).

It still sells pretty damn good right? Guess Kirkman was just burned out. Disappointing. I think people were ready and willing to move on to Carl being the main character.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Seems like kind of a waste to end the series when issue 200 is so close. If you want to end it 200 seems like a the perfect ending point to me, and it give you one last arc to really tie the series up.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I feel like it’s a series that could have ended quite some time ago. Ever since the end of “All Out War” I felt it’s just been meandering and not really knowing where to go.
    That being said, it’s a damn good book and hats off to Kirkman for not going on just for the sake of going on.
    With him finishing Invincible, Outcast and The Walking Dead that only leaves him Oblivion Song?

Let's see what will happen to Image's market share once Walking Dead is gone.

In May 2019, the top 300 comics sold 6.56 million copies. Image sold 349,917 comics in the Top 300, so Image's Top 300 market share was 5.33%. This is confirmed by Comichron.com

OK, now let's remove May's Walking Dead 191, which sold 48,743 copies (representing almost 14% of Image's May Top 300 sales), from the May 2019 sales.

Image Top 300 sales is now 301,174 copies, and the Top 300 is now 6,511,257‬ copies, so Image's market share drops to 4.63%.

Image is still comfortably ahead of IDW and Dark Horse in terms of Top 300 market share, but losing 14% of your monthly sales is not good for any company, and I don't see anything on the horizon that could even remotely replace this.

I also wonder if the absence of Walking Dead will have an overall depressing effect on Image because people who looked at the Image section of the New Releases wall might just bypass it now that Walking Dead is no longer there. So, this might hurt things overall even further.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Let's see what will happen to Image's market share once Walking Dead is gone.

In May 2019, the top 300 comics sold 6.56 million copies. Image sold 349,917 comics in the Top 300, so Image's Top 300 market share was 5.33%. This is confirmed by Comichron.com

OK, now let's remove May's Walking Dead 191, which sold 48,743 copies (representing almost 14% of Image's May Top 300 sales), from the May 2019 sales.

Image Top 300 sales is now 301,174 copies, and the Top 300 is now 6,511,257‬ copies, so Image's market share drops to 4.63%.

Image is still comfortably ahead of IDW and Dark Horse in terms of Top 300 market share, but losing 14% of your monthly sales is not good for any company, and I don't see anything on the horizon that could even remotely replace this.

I also wonder if the absence of Walking Dead will have an overall depressing effect on Image because people who looked at the Image section of the New Releases wall might just bypass it now that Walking Dead is no longer there. So, this might hurt things overall even further.
    This doesn't really amount to anything.

If you seriously believe that Image has any designs on having some degree of market share, you haven't been paying attention to how they actually operate.

Never mind that you have to ignore actual reality to entertain what is in green.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 07-02-2019 at 03:40 PM.

Yeah, Image is very much creator driven. Readers aren't loyal to the publisher, but to the writers. It's not like Marvel and DC.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Honestly this is a stroke of genius. End it at a random number and continuing to solicit issues till the final one comes out was pretty brilliant. I'm just sad someone spoiled it the day before. I can't get my issue till next week but it would have been nice if they had kept it a surprise. Ducking Bleeding Cool
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    This doesn't really amount to anything.

If you seriously believe that Image has any designs on having some degree of market share, you haven't been paying attention to how they actually operate.

Never mind that you have to ignore actual reality to entertain what is in green.

How Image "actually operates"?

Hopefully, Image actually operates like a business that wishes to remain in business.

Losing 14% of your Top 300 sales is a big deal. I didn't mean to imply that Image wants market share just for the bragging rights.

The loss of Walking Dead coupled with Saga being on hiatus until Part 2 begins leaves major holes in Image's publishing schedule that are not so easily fixed.

The loss of Walking Dead bleeds out to the comics stores themselves who are now faced with the loss of the top selling Indie comic in an already down market.

We are not the Walking Dead taken quite literally. I like it.

But its a little confusing that none of the websites I visit for such things showed a Walking Dead issue coming out at all tomorrow. Hope my comic store ordered it!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.