Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637 LastLast
    Currently MagSeven

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I'm just not feeling any closure to majority of the characters, it doesn't feel planned at all. It's so abrupt.
    What closure were you missing? What questions did you have at the end? For me, I just wish we could have gotten more Negan before the end. All in all though, he wrapped things up pretty neatly for me. I also just wish it wasn't so abrupt. I was not ready for this ride to be over.

Well he did it. He ended it.

I'll admit I was skeptical when I read the news. It felt abrupt, but I think he stuck the landing.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I liked the ending and it makes sense with the world they live in. I always like it when a creator can end things on their own terms, and those are the kind of books that stand the test of time in the long run. Thanks for all the memories Mr. Kirkman.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Honestly this is a stroke of genius. End it at a random number and continuing to solicit issues till the final one comes out was pretty brilliant. I'm just sad someone spoiled it the day before. I can't get my issue till next week but it would have been nice if they had kept it a surprise. Ducking Bleeding Cool
    Probably got the idea from when Malibu did it with Exiles back in the 90s.

It is a shame that we will never be able to have the intended experience.

Mighty Member

I have seen some walking dead and still surprised it ended today. I liked the ending though and the amc tv show and movies are coming up so we still got that.
    Last edited by Toxin45; 07-05-2019 at 03:20 PM.

Ok! I've read it, and that was a great ending! I think Kirkman might still be able to do more comics if he ever want in 10-15 years. He can easily do a series dealing with the events in between 192-193. I know that now, he doesn't have any idea on how filling the gap, but by then, I might just came with a bright idea. And if it never happens, well, whatever! The novels are going to continue to develop the comic universe, and he might also decide to make more spin-off comics in the future. For now, it's over, and I liked it! That was a hell of a story!

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Thank you. I think I'll wait til year's end and finish the collection by then. Been collecting it for over a decade and it's been a great ride but emotionally I can only take so much, especially when it's a comic series over a television or film series. Something about it makes me feel more connected. Looking forward to finishing it up
    Oh yeah, I've told you to end after #192... well, I guess it's #193 now...!
    Last edited by Morsoth; 07-03-2019 at 05:00 PM.

Managed to read it without knowing the spoiler....I knew something BIG was happening but I was thinking of terrible ideas like the recent big death being a dream or something. Anyway, I was halfway through reading #193 and said to my girlfriend that it was strange...I couldn't tell how the story could continue now that things were so idyllic and walkers virtually wiped out so maybe chaos or a new threat was around the corner to start off this new arc. Then I got to the final few pages and finally wised up to what I was reading. Hit THE END and exclaimed my shock out loud. Amazingly ballsy for Kirkman to do this. So great that he can go with his instinct on things like this rather than just milk it forever.

I much prefer this ending to the one he says thought about doing after #142.

Astonishing Member

I read it without knowing that it would end, and i was shocked.

After thinking about it for a while, i came to the conclusion that it was a great move to end it, before it gets sore. And after rereading the issue i will say, it was a good last issue.

At least we know that it really ends. Would TWD be a Marvel book, it wouldnt have any impact whatsoever...

Damn, so many good stuff ending...TWD, Invincible, Mad Magazine, Inhumans (love them, but i know they will be back someday)

BANNED

I wonder what this series would have been if Tony Moore stayed the entire run of this epic series ?

I've been reading for 15 years and I thought the ending was great. I wish it would've happened after 25-75 more issues but they stuck the landing just the same.

Only kinda disappointing thing was how Herschel turned into a dick. Glenn would not approve. But on the other hand it works in the sense that not everything turns out fairy-tale. Just because these people were family to Glenn and Glenn was a great person unfortunately doesn't mean his son, of whom he had no influence on, would have to be the same way.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Spectacular Member

I... honestly did not like the ending. I had heard the day before about 193 being a surprise ending, and I was curious how everything would get resolved, and deliver a satisfying conclusion to the whole series. Even with Rick having just died, I didn't get the feeling that the story was winding down, or nearing any kind of conclusion. It felt like there was still room to tell a lot more story, and show the continued effort to rebuild society, and the struggles re class inequality and such. So imagine my surprise when I started reading the final issue, only to find that Kirkman decided to just... skip all that. Like suddenly civilization is all rebuilt and life is swell and Rick Grimes is Jesus Christ, because he, uh, gave a cool speech? Like it looks like the overwhelming majority of the progress made in rebuilding society and reconnecting everyone and rebuilding the previous institutions happened after Rick died, so when everyone kept saying "rick grimes is the only reason anybody in the country (world?) is alive today, without him all would be lost", it felt like they were referring to events which... did not happen? Because Rick was already dead? Like, ok, he co-opted some communities other people had already formed and gave inspirational speeches, but that doesn't really translate to the messianic figure he's suddenly portrayed as. (The implication that Rick Grimes was canonically the only human being in the entire United States, and I guess possibly also the world, who was inspirational and a good leader is, uh, weird; like yes he was a good leader and a good person throughout the story, but the time-jump and the ending blow anything he actually did out of proportion, like he was a real credit to the sections of Georgia that the story takes place in, but he didn't end the zombie menace or rebuild society)

Also, I'm 100% fine with happy endings, but... this one didn't feel earned. Which is surprising, because I would've thought, if any story would be able to earn a happy ending, it'd be this one. For awhile, Kirkman seemed like he was actually committed to detailing the struggles of rebuilding society. But then he just skips everything and goes "and then after the sad thing, everyone became super cool and rebuilt society, take my word for it, and some people are dicks, but basically they lived happily ever after". It's honestly hard to believe this was planned, because everything about this, from the lame and anticlimactic way Rick was killed by some loser, to the massive time-jump and literal storybook ending, felt like the incredibly rushed ending of someone who just wanted the end the story as soon as possible and literally didn't care about anything else. It almost feels like you could've had a version of this exact same ending happen at literally any point throughout the series, and it would make equal sense. "[insert any community here] has potential, and we can rebuild, and start society anew!" speech, resident douchebag kills him, time-jump, dream embodied by that community is fulfilled.

I mean, at least it wasn't as bad as Game of Thrones. But this seems to be a year of disappointments.

Well, it was a nice ending.

That said, I dislike the time jumps that SEEMS like a rush to end it. Seems like there's a LOT of potential story to fill in the blanks from 192-193. I get that he's super hot right now & that the time to make a bigger move is when your hot. Just how it seems to me.

Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    I have seen some walking dead and still surprised it ended today. I liked the ending though and the abc tv show and movies are coming up so we still got that.
    What abc show?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.