Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deviancy View Post
    My bad, I should have said "Its been awhile since a cool character has been killed"...

I like the Glenn in the show but I never cared much for him in the comic.
    I'm shocked and horrified. Horrified, I say. Harumph. (Poor Glenn).

The only other deaths that felt important since then were Denise, Eric, and Nicholas, but I have trouble getting attached to characters who debuted starting with Alexandria (excepting Jesus and a couple of others).

Amazing Member

It has been a long time since a relevant character has died in TWD, and now there's these Buffalo Bill guys and the previews make it seem like it is possible something big can happen from this. But well, I thought All Out War was going to cost Rick a few close friends and it didn't cost him any of his close friends, all we got was a dead tiger, and a lot of dead trivial characters.
    Funny Books That Currently Have My Attention (for now): Can't think of a single one...

Quote Originally Posted by Deviancy View Post
    It has been a long time since a relevant character has died in TWD, and now there's these Buffalo Bill guys and the previews make it seem like it is possible something big can happen from this. But well, I thought All Out War was going to cost Rick a few close friends and it didn't cost him any of his close friends, all we got was a dead tiger, and a lot of dead trivial characters.
    I liked All Out War. And I'm glad Kirkman didn't go Kyle/Yost by just killing key characters to kill key characters. And out of Rick's close friends, let's face it--he doesn't have a lot of them left. Shane, Tyreese, Abraham, Glenn, and Hershel are all dead. Anyone close to Rick now are basically family or peripheral allies for the most part (he's not gonna spend downing post-apocalyptic moonshine with Eugene, for instance and we haven't seen any Jesus/Rick scenes if I can remember since the time skip). And where's Michonne? She was like his closest friend, and now she's probably at the Kingdom with Ezekiel.

As for the current development, I thought last issue was fantastic. The reveal at the end was perfect written and illustrated, and actually pretty frightening. That's how a cliffhanger is done. Loved the fighting tactics displayed--it was interesting and really made sense from a strategic standpoint. Hope we see that in the TV show eventually. The Walking Dead does 'calm before the storm' just right and this issue demonstrated that with flying colors.

I've already got a few theories about how this could threaten everything that the survivors have built...if it's going the way that I think it is, it's going to get really, really horrible for one or more of the communities.
    Storm Wolverine Nightcrawler Colossus Shadowcat Rogue Phoenix Magneto
    Mirage Cannonball Karma Sunspot Wolfsbane Magik Magma Cypher Warlock
    Jubilee Synch M Chamber Skin Husk

I'm curious to see what Kirkman does with the parallel of Magna's group and when Rick's group entered Alexandria. It seems like he's doing that for a reason, I'm just not sure what that reason is, yet.

Well this was a great issue. I'm loving the book right now. I was mildly disappointed in All Out War. Just an overhyped storyline that sort of failed on it's promise. I think I would have liked it more if they hadn't promoted it as some big amazing event bullshit. So yeah, I'm enjoying where the book is now. This arc is off to a nice start.

Spectacular Member

Man, the new antagonists are creepy as hell. I'm happy to see that the integration of Magna and her group has been a relatively smooth process so far. I was afraid Kirkman would draw it out too long, but he has thankfully avoided that.

Nice to finally get a mention of Dwight and the Saviors. Still eagerly awaiting word on Michonne and the Kingdom, though.

These new antagonists don't look like a big threat for Alexandria (they only use knives, whereas Negan used guns), but I really like them.

They have guns, obviously, but don't use them when they are running with zombies. The reason would be that they don't want to draw attention to the fact that they are not zombies. You shoot a gun around one of the zombies and its like ringing the dinner bell.

Really curious what these zombie-skin guys are up to and just how many are out there. It could be pretty rude if they have developed the ability to command and guide entire herds of zombies.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    These new antagonists don't look like a big threat for Alexandria (they only use knives, whereas Negan used guns), but I really like them.
    You have to consider that they can band zombies together and drive them directly towards Alexandria in case an "All out war" situation happened.

However I don't think that this story is going to last too long, we'll see

After this weeks episode of the TV show I think it is clear that Sasha will be the 'replacement' for Andrea. This is based on the how she and Bob were used in the Hunter's storyline. You think the TV show will continue with that and make her Rick's significant other in upcoming seasons?

I am still bummed that the TV show made Andrea so lame.

Amazing Member

I strongly disliked the TV Andrea until I found out My13 was syndicating the show, I then started to watch the old episodes just to see what was edited out, and they do edit out bits and pieces. And while I was watching the earlier episodes I came to realize the tv Andrea didn't suck, she was just different. My favorite three Andrea episodes would have to be the episode when she goes to the prison and Carol tells her to go back to kill the Governor (adding the Tom Waits song really put it over), the episode where she and the Governor play cat and mouse, and of course her final episode.

As for the comic, I've sold almost all of my individual issues and made a decent chunk of change. Now I need to do away with the trades but trades, well there's no profit to be made there since they go for 10-12 on Walmart.com. So I'm thinking trading would be the way to go but ever since Todd had the Spawn forum taken down, which had a good trading sub forum, I haven't been able to find a good toy/comic trading forum. So my question is this, do any of you know of one? If so.. can you PM me the link? Some may think anyone who wants the trades already has them but you'd be surprised how many people on the Walking Dead forum are just starting to buy the comics now.

Oh, and I don't mean this thread.. I mean the actual Walking Dead forum..

http://www.walkingdeadforums.com/forum/

Sadly, there isn't a trading section on that site, I may send the mods a request to add one though.
    Funny Books That Currently Have My Attention (for now): Can't think of a single one...

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Does anyone know where I can buy the Walking Dead HC Compendiums 1 & 2 for a reasonable price? I can't see them on amazon or ebay or IST =/

More human than human thetrellan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin705 View Post
    didn't Romero make the Zombie movie with the boss Zombie who wasa pumping gas, remebering, and talking? If so, then this twist isn't so far fetched after all..
    That's an example of a story getting better in retrospect. The zombies were getting smarter, for sure, but not talking or pumping gas. Actually the zombie tried to pump gas, which was explained as some trace memory of an oft-repeated action. In life he was probably a gas station attendant.

What was really startling was when the first zombie stepped in the water to get to the other side. It was almost as if he were thinking and realized there was no reason not cross, and all the other zombies followed him. They were definitely getting smarter.

Yeah, I also wondered if Kirkman was going the Romero route. Great minds think alike, I guess.

God knows where Romero was headed with this. The idea that zombies would somehow get better kind of contradicts everything that went before. Zombies rise, eat, rot, eat, eat, eat, then presumably rot to a second death. Although something seems to preserve the brain better than the rest of the body, they should only get worse, not better.

Maybe he had it in mind to end the series. Because in the next film zombies were trained to eat horses instead of people.
    Last edited by thetrellan; 11-05-2014 at 01:59 PM.

More human than human thetrellan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AZBarbarian View Post
    After this weeks episode of the TV show I think it is clear that Sasha will be the 'replacement' for Andrea. This is based on the how she and Bob were used in the Hunter's storyline. You think the TV show will continue with that and make her Rick's significant other in upcoming seasons?

I am still bummed that the TV show made Andrea so lame.
    Yeah, she never seemed to take off as a character, but went her own direction time and again, as if she were only a standby member of the group. And she kept sleeping with lowlifes!

Speaking of the show, i just watched the latest. SPOILERS - the one about what happened to Beth. On Talking Dead they considered whether Carol deliberately got caught, but then I think about the look on Daryl's face it now makes sense. Daryl must have lost Carol and picked up Noah. I guess we'll find out soon enough. - END SPOILER

There is a full thread for the TV show in the TV/Film section.