Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by thetrellan View Post
    Come on, you had to know there was only one reason for keeping him around, and this is it.
    I really hope he doesn't tear everything down. I hope it is just a test to see if he has earned parole, and if he stays put, he passes. I was thinking that Dwight could've built an explosive ankle bracelet for him or something to enforce some strict parole terms that at least allows him the freedom of house arrest, and then maybe time on the town.
    Sadly, that is probably just wishful thinking. I'm gonna be sad as hell when Negan slaughters that fair or whatever terrible thing he decides to do. If he decides to go full villain, I was thinking he should go for Dwight. They made it clear that Dwight's command of the salt trade is pivotal to people, and that is seems to be getting sparce as is. If he took over an important outpost, he could force Rick to work with him to get his goods. Like how America is only in business with the Middle East because we need oil. Negan becomes a voyeuristic salt baron.

More human than human thetrellan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    I really hope he doesn't tear everything down. I hope it is just a test to see if he has earned parole, and if he stays put, he passes. I was thinking that Dwight could've built an explosive ankle bracelet for him or something to enforce some strict parole terms that at least allows him the freedom of house arrest, and then maybe time on the town.
    Sadly, that is probably just wishful thinking. I'm gonna be sad as hell when Negan slaughters that fair or whatever terrible thing he decides to do. If he decides to go full villain, I was thinking he should go for Dwight. They made it clear that Dwight's command of the salt trade is pivotal to people, and that is seems to be getting sparce as is. If he took over an important outpost, he could force Rick to work with him to get his goods. Like how America is only in business with the Middle East because we need oil. Negan becomes a voyeuristic salt baron.
    He'd be better off just going somewhere no one knows him and building a new empire. This could be an attempt to get rid of him. But all things considered, it just looks like a foul up. And I think that pride and greed will have him causing trouble for our gang in short order.

On the other hand, if it was a test, they would want it to look like a foul up, so maybe it is intentional after all.

spoilers:
    Negan should have run.
    I predict this arc ends with Rick killing him, after realizing Maggie is right.
    end of spoilers

Amazing Member

The dialogue between Negan and Rick was fantastic. Negan has always been a source of entertainment for me. Have always loved his character. I truly believe he was just a normal dude before the infection and ended up doing what he thought was best for his people to survive.

Now going forward, who knows what'll happen. There are so many possibilities. I have a feeling next issue we'll see something come of Carl leaving with the Whisperers. When everyone gathers for the fair something is going down. Rick finding out about Gregory's fate. Maggie explaining to Rick where Carl went. I just have a hunch Negan will want to help and Rick might just not have a choice but to let Negan help.

Maggie is right when you think about it, and Rick is wrong. The only way you can have justice be fair is by having some kind of court system. And they just aren't set up for that to happen. Hence, dictatorship. Rick is doing everyone a disservice by keeping Negan around for such weak reasons. Maggie knew a threat to the community when she saw it and put it down.

We'll see how committed Rick is to his policy when he learns what has been going down at the Hilltop and about the Whisperers.

Is it just me or are others hoping that Carl becomes a Whisperer?
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Feel like there was a great opportunity to silently show the lead up to Gregory's death in alternate panels as Rick gave his speech. Certainly would have added more tension to the end of the issue. Also wouldn't have robbed us of watching Gregory cry and beg for mercy. Glad that piece of **** is dead, though.

Amazing Member

I fully agree that they need a justice system and Rick cannot have the final say in everything that happens. Maggie can't have it either though. But are they really ready to set that up?

The way the issue played out was perfect. We knew Maggie was dead set on killing Gregory. He was a huge piece of ****. We didn't need to see him beg for mercy that had already been done and Maggie already made up her mind. It was a shock though to see him hang. By the end of the issue I was not expecting to see it. Actually since the focus was on Rick the entire time I kinda forgot it was going on.

The Walking Dead is getting incredibly dull. Kirkman really needs to wrap this up in a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by ysemaj View Post
    The Walking Dead is getting incredibly dull. Kirkman really needs to wrap this up in a few years.
    I think this is intentional. Everyone is civilized now. Hell, Michonne is in love and can't handle it now that peace is here. We're headed somewhere still. Will radio communication be established again? Can a broadcast channel be set up and electricity be restored? Events from the show suggest something like that could happen. And when it does, will nations again go to war?

I just don't think Kirkman is that close to finished yet. I suppose it depends whether he agrees with you or not.

Amazing Member

I think this is intentional. Everyone is civilized now. Hell, Michonne is in love and can't handle it now that peace is here. We're headed somewhere still. Will radio communication be established again? Can a broadcast channel be set up and electricity be restored? Events from the show suggest something like that could happen. And when it does, will nations again go to war?

I just don't think Kirkman is that close to finished yet. I suppose it depends whether he agrees with you or not.
    I firmly believe he has some tricks up his sleeves and we are really setting up for something big. It might be going through a dull spell but I doubt it'll last.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyOne View Post
    I firmly believe he has some tricks up his sleeves and we are really setting up for something big. It might be going through a dull spell but I doubt it'll last.
    And we're transitioning from a Rick-centric narrative; which, I have to admit, is harder to deal with than I would have thought.

Ah yes, I hadn't thought about whether he has done it on purpose, makes sense I guess.

I really do hope it picks up though, it used to be fantastic in places where it was fast paced and had a feeling that all the characters were frantically trying to control events that were conspiring.

Amazing Member

And we're transitioning from a Rick-centric narrative; which, I have to admit, is harder to deal with than I would have thought.
    I'm slowly preparing myself for the death of Rick. I'm confident it'll happen soon. Like maybe by Negan or some kind of uprising. But the way Kirkman has been leading us on lately I'm starting to doubt it'll be Negan or even a Whisperer but possibly someone entirely different that we least expect.

In a discussion with my gf (who is also a fan) I was predicting issue 200... but that is quite far off and I'm thinking more like 150 now.

Amazing Member

Covers for 145 and Vol 24 was just posted:

http://www.thewalkingdead.com/the-wa...vol-24-covers/

Interesting information:

We have two covers for you this month! Walking Dead 145, which will be the first issue of COMPENDIUM 4 (wow!) and the cover to Volume 24 (which will be comprised of issues 139-144, the final run in COMPENDIUM 3).

The title of 145 "Blood for blood" is interesting and with 150 just around the corner I think we are really in for a treat.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyOne View Post
    I'm slowly preparing myself for the death of Rick. I'm confident it'll happen soon. Like maybe by Negan or some kind of uprising. But the way Kirkman has been leading us on lately I'm starting to doubt it'll be Negan or even a Whisperer but possibly someone entirely different that we least expect.

In a discussion with my gf (who is also a fan) I was predicting issue 200... but that is quite far off and I'm thinking more like 150 now.
    The thing is, when the main character of a long-running show leaves on television, it usually comes before cancellation. Comics usually aren't that different either. I'm sure that if Kirkman had merchandisers to answer to, the book would be history. Fortunately he can do what he wants because it's up to him. But the signs still make me feel like the series is over.

And that's kind of depressing. I'll be glad when the pace picks up.

Of course I felt the same way when Larsen took the spotlight away from Dragon. And I'm finally starting to get used to Malcom now.
    Last edited by thetrellan; 05-18-2015 at 12:24 PM.