Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

So thoughts on BKV and MM doing The Walking Dead on The Private Eye? I for one am fucking excited as hell. TPE was an amazing comic and BKV and MM collaborate and compliment so well.

Quote Originally Posted by ysemaj View Post
    So thoughts on BKV and MM doing The Walking Dead on The Private Eye? I for one am fucking excited as hell. TPE was an amazing comic and BKV and MM collaborate and compliment so well.
    Wow, this is some cool news. This should be fantastic. As long as he doesn't turn Rick gay. When BKV got ahold of Ultimate X-Men, I recall the first thing he did was start having characters come out of the closet.
    I'd almost rather BKV quit writing that terrible Under The Dome TV adaption and start write a TWD TV episode instead. He can make Daryl out of the closet. Kirkman clearly has been building to that anyways, and only publically denies it because too many people started figuring it out before his planned "coming out" point. Kirkman has denied loads of things that wind up happening, it's called "not giving spoilers" and I appreciate him for it.

Vaughn quit that show after season 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    Wow, this is some cool news. This should be fantastic. As long as he doesn't turn Rick gay. When BKV got ahold of Ultimate X-Men, I recall the first thing he did was start having characters come out of the closet.
    I'd almost rather BKV quit writing that terrible Under The Dome TV adaption and start write a TWD TV episode instead. He can make Daryl out of the closet. Kirkman clearly has been building to that anyways, and only publically denies it because too many people started figuring it out before his planned "coming out" point. Kirkman has denied loads of things that wind up happening, it's called "not giving spoilers" and I appreciate him for it.
    BKV does like his gay characters. The two tabloid reporters in Saga feels a bit OTT and stereotypical but making his main character of The Private Eye gay could be quite empowering as he never really gave the idea that he was until one crucial scene, and for the most part his sexuality never had a big factor in the story.

I don't think we have to worry about him fucking with the character profiles. By the sounds of it they'll be writing an original story, rather than one that concerns the the Hilltop etc.

I'm beginning to fear Alpha really did kill someone important on the road. ****, dude.
    0.jpg

Kirkman blasted the comic out of the water this week, one of the best issues of the run so far. The horizontal divide of the panelling with the head at the top and people talking about them at the bottom was just.... wow.

Incredible Member

I'm a little bit disappointed because now it's back to business as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by ysemaj View Post
    The horizontal divide of the panelling with the head at the top and people talking about them at the bottom was just.... wow.
    Yeah, that was a good one. I like when Kirkman splits narrative like that. He's done it a couple times to great effect. I wish he would do it more.

Spoilers follow, obviously.

Some characters that have been around a while, but none that were especially developed characters. Rosita is a rough one, and Ezekiel, but only because they mean something to other characters, than anything to us. Maybe that's different for other people, but that's how I felt. I was wondering if we'd get Andrea or Michonne up there. I thought Andrea, as we'd clearly been trolled into expecting Michonne, with the upcoming covers, and that panel of just dreads in shadow before the page turn. Kirkman is the biggest troll, so I figured at worst it would be Andrea not Michonne who died in this issue.

I still wonder if Alpha's daughter is playing the long con. I don't know why, I guess it's just always felt off. She's an easy 'victim' to pity, and Alpha's turn in sending her away didn't fit her character up to this point. I'd fallen into trusting her, but this issue made me rethink that. But, unless their protocol upon capture is to pretend to want out so you can learn about your capture, her being a spy would be kind of bad writing, given her capture couldn't really have been planned.

Wow! I didn't see that coming. I wasn't sure if Alpha really was bad or they were just playing us... but no, she definitely is one bad bitch. Love it!

Now let's see if her daughter has her Mother's genes...

Incredible Member

Alpha made the same mistake Negan did when he killed Glenn. He thought he was so untouchable and figured he'd get away wth it. Same thing with Alpha. Rick & Co won't let this one go. Even if it measn that it'll end up in an all out war (again) Rick will end her. The only question is, how much are Rick's people (and Rick himself) going to lose in the process?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    She's an easy 'victim' to pity, and Alpha's turn in sending her away didn't fit her character up to this point.
    I'm not sure if we can really say if it was out of character or anything just yet, since we still don't know too much about Alpha personally, but I think this issue has shown there's a lot more to her than the social Darwinist philosophy she (probably constantly) tells herself.

As for the deaths, yeah, Rosita and Esekiel were the only ones whose deaths resonated with me. The rest I struggled to remember if they were actually characters I was supposed to know. Although I think the biggest shock of all of it is the implication of what has to come next. And given the massive army the Whisperers have, it's gonna be messy.

I wasn't particularly attached to Ezekiel, but Rosita's been around for awhile. She may have been pretty much inconsequential, but Kirkman just had to make her pregnant so it's even more tragic. It's a little unbelievable that they were able to kill so many people unnoticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    Alpha made the same mistake Negan did when he killed Glenn. He thought he was so untouchable and figured he'd get away wth it. Same thing with Alpha. Rick & Co won't let this one go. Even if it measn that it'll end up in an all out war (again) Rick will end her. The only question is, how much are Rick's people (and Rick himself) going to lose in the process?
    I disagree, I think Rick would have dropped the Negan fight if Negan wasn't going to be a constant threat in their lives, demanding huge taxations of supplies to be paid to him. Negan openly declared that he would be an ongoing problem. These people, twisted as they are, just want peace for their people.
    Negan was just a thug. Alpha is more like Rick being a President and dealing with an evil foreign leader. One with a zombie nuke, no less. Would America start a war any time a rogue group of rebels kills some tourists that stumbled into the bad part of town? Fighting Negan was like running a biker gang out of town, this is the first real war Rick will have to fight. Rick has rebuilt society, and this situation will set the standards for how the future of foreign policy works in the post-apocalypse, and Rick is just ego-maniacal enough to realize this. He already abolished the death penalty, now he will be chomping at the bit to promote peace and turn the other cheek in exchange for peace. I just can't wait for his hypocrisy to blow up in his face when the "Maggie killed" issue comes to the forefront.
    Last edited by Ragdoll; 07-08-2015 at 02:01 PM.

Well some revelations about Whisperer culture, finally. My take is that its not tribal, as I thought before, but formalized brutality. Its taking the worst of humanity and turning it into a system where everything people have done up to this point to survive is ok. Essentially, caveman movie level of society. Obviously, Alpha is not keen on her daughter being passed around. Thinking this is really a patriarchal "culture" in spite of having a female leader.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 07-08-2015 at 02:07 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    These people, twisted as they are, just want peace for their people.
    Although... it seems like snatching people up, murdering them, and sticking their heads on spikes is antithetical to that. If they just left well enough alone, this could easily be over. Whereas what they did guarantees peace isn't an option.

Tbh, it doesn't seem like they really want peace, because this was clearly a very calculated move, and there's literally only one reaction they could possibly anticipate - retaliation. If they somehow don't anticipate that, they're morons. If they intended it as some kind of warning ("don't **** with us, or else you'll get more of this"), they're still morons, since, again, all they had to do was do nothing and this would all be settled. Rick & co. would return home, the Whisperers would carry on their way, everybody's happy. They seem to want war, and they've certainly prepared for it.