Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

I don't know where else I can go to talk about the new show so I guess I have to do it here.

This first episode not only met my high expectations, but it went beyond them as well. I love how this show is revealing how the world fell apart when the Zombie virus came. I loved how no one believed Nick about the walkers until the very end because he was a drug addict. Speaking of which, he's my favorite character on the show due to his originality. I don't like Alicia because she fricking rude to every one. I mean who just goes on their cell phone in class like that? Growing up my fellow students at least tried to hide their cell phones. Also isn't the metal detectors a bit much? I loved the viral video of the walker attacking the paramedic and police and how the world reacted to it. I also love how scary the opening title sequence was. My favorite part was the ending where Nick killed his drug dealer in self defense and how he came back as a walker. The family's reaction to that was priceless.

I give it 5 stars out of 5.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

Amazing Member

During all the previews I couldn't stand Nick. For some reason I was quick to judge him as just a junkie but man, I started to feel bad for him when he met with his dealer. Fortunately all I could think of when he killed Cal was, "trust me, no one will care that you killed a man." This episode might have been a slow burn but it really works because we know what is coming. We'll really see a drastic change now between normal modern life and post-apoc life.

This first season looks really awesome, setting up the apocalypse, watch everything fall apart. It was all perfectly set up last night.

I loved the new show. I hate Nick as a character, but as far as acting goes, he is the best on the show. He comes off like a young Johnny Depp.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    What's this Negan's kid thing? How would it be Negan's kid? Am I missing something?
    It's just a bad fan theory I read somewhere that stuck with me, that Rosita was visiting Negan after-hours and got knocked up. When they first showed pregnant Rosita, they hadn't shown Eugene yet post-time skip, so the internet was abuzz with debate about who the baby daddy was.

Talk about the new show in the TV/Film section. It has its own thread.

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

Has anyone been reading the spin-off novel's? I'm currently reading "Rise of the Governor" and I like it so much that I plan on getting the sequel book "Road to Woodberry". I had it for two days and I'm already on chapter nine.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

Fantastic Member General Nerditry's Avatar

I read the first one, but I didn't like where they went with it, and I thought the wording was a bit over-the-top and it didn't read like a Walking Dead story to me. I wasn't intrigued enough to get the next two. I'd like to know what you think when you're done.

Amazing Member

So thought we were gonna get the name of the father. I guess their saving that for when Jerry Springer shows up at Alexandria's door.

^^^
    lol

Eugene is dead. Carl will see no difference between Eugene and little Billy.

EDIT: Oh man, did you guys see this super spoilery cover for #149?
    http://www.skybound.com/wp-content/u...-cover-900.jpg
    Last edited by Ragdoll; 09-10-2015 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    Oh man, did you guys see this super spoilery cover for #149?
    Nice!

About time 'he' got back in to action!

^^^
    lol

Eugene is dead. Carl will see no difference between Eugene and little Billy.

EDIT: Oh man, did you guys see this super spoilery cover for #149?
    Spoilery? More like super trolly! It also doesn't have to be literal. You know, Kirkman and all.

Amazing Member

Spoilery? More like super trolly! It also doesn't have to be literal. You know, Kirkman and all.
    Just read the title. There might be a conversation or discussing Negan's possible involvement but I doubt he'll be let loose.

At this rate, Rick will need to team up with Alpha to defeat Team Eugene. We can't forget that he's the one who knows how to make bullets and weaponry, he's the absolute last person Rick would want to lose from the community, or worse, do battle against.

At this rate, Rick will need to team up with Alpha to defeat Team Eugene. We can't forget that he's the one who knows how to make bullets and weaponry, he's the absolute last person Rick would want to lose from the community, or worse, do battle against.
    Agreed. Though I think Rick is in the right here. I know where Euge is coming from, I'd want revenge too. But putting a kid in danger isn't the way to do it.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Yeah, Eugene is overreacting, and will probably come to his senses.

Yeah, Eugene is overreacting, and will probably come to his senses.
    ??? After his lady and her unborn child get killed?