Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by el shah View Post
    ??? After his lady and her unborn child get killed?
    Yeah. Maggie never went off half-cocked to get Negan after issue 100, or tried to hurt innocents on the road to All Out War. Eugene is going to destroy society because he needs revenge ASAP and can;t wait and give Rick time to formulate a plan like he did with Negan.

More human than human thetrellan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by el shah View Post
    ??? After his lady and her unborn child get killed?
    Yep. Gene is an introvert. The reason he has trouble relating with others is that he's too good at thinking and won't jump into relationships without thinking first. And the more he thinks, the more likely it is he will realize the Lydia is the wrong target for his anger.

Besides, the more into the story we get, the more likely it seems to me that Alpha is the most trapped person in it.

She saw a slim chance to get her daughter safely away and took it, knowing that it was just as likely the girl would be killed in retaliation. Her life has become the most nightmarish thing imaginable. She only leads as long as she caters to the insanity of her community. And now she is confronted with the reality that living may not have been worth the cost. Just look at Lydia. The poor girl is so messed up she can't even afford to see past her fears.

I'm betting Alpha will turn on her own soon enough.

Spectacular Member

It's probably already been said before (probably even by me), but Alpha really does seem like the most compelling and interesting major villain so far. The most human, somewhat ironically.

Also, shit is getting increasingly bananas. These next two issues are gonna be wild af.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

There's no chance Rick releasing Negan backfires.

Release the Negans!

Not sure if its for his leadership skills or his skills with an iron.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

That's all assuming he's interested in releasing him. It could just be talking. Though, why Rick would do either of those things I don't really know.

Incredible Member Prisoner 6655321's Avatar

Since his introduction I've kinda felt that there's more to Neagan that we still don't really understand. I don't think he's a nice guy or anything but it always struck me as he had a sort of twisted sense of honor. Looking back, the Survivors kinda sorta started the whole beef with the Saviours. Yeah, he ran the Saviours with an iron fist and they did very terrible things but did he have some reason(s) that he believed he had to do this in order for them to fulfill some role. Sure, they extorted the other communities but did they also provide a service? Was the brutality of the Saviours simply a by-product of Negan's twisted mind or his best attempt at maintaining of their role (self appointed or otherwise) as a sorta military to “protect” the other communities from the hordes? When Negan was talking to Rick after their fight and claims to have seen the light could he have possibly been being sincere at least on some level? We still don't know a whole lot about his background or the history of the Saviours and I'm not suggesting that Negan is anything other than a vile manipulative bastard but I still question if this is so much a part of his nature or more about a very, very, flawed individual dealing with the situation he was put in the only way he could come up with.
    Did you know that every atom in our bodies was once part of a star? Think about that… EVERYTHING changes. Caterpillars turn into butterflies and stars turn into @$$holes.

Negan's speech really hammered home how this Whispers arc is pulling a Saga and doing some real world commentary on our asses, with a huge War On Terror metaphor going on lately. Rick is turning into George W Bush, the Whispers are al Queda/ISIS, and Alexandrians=post 9/11 Americans. I'm enjoying Kirkman's attempt at getting deep, hopefully it just doesn't get racist.

Also, I can;t be the only one who realized Negan was just trolling Rick the moment he pretended to be all embarrassed early on. Rick is an idiot if he didn't see through that little act of playing dumb.
    Last edited by Ragdoll; 12-09-2015 at 06:39 PM.

Spectacular Member

I'm not sure I see a parallel between Rick and Dubya. Unless Rick is gonna say "We need to stop the Whisperers" and then send troops to attack some other place entirely?

Anyway, stuff with Negan didn't go down the way I anticipated, but still, a good issue.

Interesting conversation all right. Tail wagging the dog. Not sure if Rick really bought all that, though, and if he did it will represent a major shift in his character.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Incredible Member Prisoner 6655321's Avatar

I also do not see the war on terror GWB analogy to be a very good one but the last issue did reinforce my ideas about Neagan not being quite so black and white as he's been cut out to be. I still don't think he's really "good" but probably not as utterly evil and probably a bit smarter than he's been presented. That he could have escaped but didn't kinda implies to me a bit of his thinking. Sure, he could have got out and killed some people, run away and be "free" and alone in a world full of undead but he didn't. He wants to be safe. Sure, he tried to turn some new arrivals on Rick but who can really blame a guy for trying to improve his situation? He's not crazy or dumb. He most likely viewed what he did as what he had to do in order to survive and fill the roll that the Saviours imposed or was even possibly put upon them. Heck, we don't even know if Neagan was the original leader of the Saviours or if he somehow "inherited" this group which already had its own set of rules which he had to work under.
    Did you know that every atom in our bodies was once part of a star? Think about that… EVERYTHING changes. Caterpillars turn into butterflies and stars turn into @$$holes.

Oh man, I was dying laughing when Rick wrecked that dude zombie style. There were a lot of big laughs this issue actually.
    I lol'd when they showed Vincent's face as Michonne was hot on his heels, that was a priceless "I'm so screwed" look.
    I lol'd when Negan had his villainous "everything going accordingly with my plan" look, too. All the funniest moments of this issues were facial expressions, actually. Rick takes the cake for best one when he ate a dude's throat, though. I was reading the book sitting down, and literally leaped to my feet in shock and laughter when Rick fucked that dude up. I assumed Rick would live, but thought someone else would come to his rescue. But Rick doesn;t need anyone's help, he's crafty for a cripple.

Besides laughs, there was a lot of good emotional scenes. Overall, a very fine issue. It ran the gambit for fun things. It wasn't issue 100, but we just got that Whisper slaughter, I wasn;t expecting any major character deaths so soon anyways.
    Was that Father Gabriel chanting Rick Grimes at the end? How long did it take that piece of shit to finally admit Rick Grimes Is God? Also, Letter Hacks hinted that Gabriel will have a part to play in upcoming stories. It better be to die, he should've died a while ago. I hope the show offs that dude early.

Spoilers for 150...

Man, I am glad they didn't do some big character death. 100 felt a little forced in that regard, and I'm glad this was just a solid issue setting up where we go from here.

Now that we're at 150 it might be time to sit down and re read the entire run.

(Possible spoilers)

I thought TWD #150 was a bit weak myself... Rick was a bad ass all right and he gave a good battle cry speech, but he might as well have just done a replay of "they are fu*#ing with the wrong people" speech from #64, this time aimed at the Whisperers. The 'bed scene' was a quiet way of opening that sub-plot... but I would like to have seen some more of Negan in this issue, not just the last panel, as I don't think he is staying put for too long and he's way more interesting than Rick. So although #150 was an extra sized issue, and wasn't a bad read, I didn't think it was anything special.