Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Prisoner 6655321's Avatar

After reading the first part of Negan's origin story I only believe more that Negan may not be a hero but he was only doing what he thought he had to do.
    Did you know that every atom in our bodies was once part of a star? Think about that… EVERYTHING changes. Caterpillars turn into butterflies and stars turn into @$$holes.

New issue today. Negan dialogue was on fire.

Fantastic Member AwesomeUsername's Avatar

Awesome issue. The comic has been killing it lately. Also, this is probably a stretch but maybe the person Eugene is talking with is located in the UK? I'm only saying that because she called the zombies "rotters". That's what they used to call them in "In The Flesh" (a UK show). Unless they've called them that before. I forget now..

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    New issue today. Negan dialogue was on fire.
    Can you give a summary?

Quote Originally Posted by Ite View Post
    Can you give a summary?
    It starts with Andrea and Maggie having some discussions about their past and how it led to their present.
    Then we cut to Michonne and Aaron, who are following Negan's trail. They find Brandon's dead body and proceed into Whisper territory.
    Then we get 5 pages of Negan meeting the main Whisper gang, sans Alpha. He banters with them and claims to be a lone traveler. He basically tells Beta "Cool fucking set up you have! I've been meaning to find a group like this to join! I'm a total joiner!" But also stays bad ass and threatens to kill Beta when Beta talks some smack.
    We then go to Eugene talking to the radio person, whose name is revealed to be Stephanie.
    We get a quick scene of Carl doing metal work and telling Maggie he's staying with her people for now.
    Andrea gets home to Alexandria and flips her **** about the "Fear The Whispers" signs, calling them "propaganda".
    Then we're back with Michonne and Aaron. Aaron is being a gossipy bitch and whining that Jesus is too much of a man whore. As if in punishment for slandering the savior Jesus, Whispers attack and stab Aaron in the gut. Maybe he'll live, but it looks like a bad wound. The last we see of Aaron is the stabbing, so next issue should bring us his fate.
    Then Negan meets Alpha and immediately declares "I"m in love" with a big puppy dog look on his face.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    It starts with Andrea and Maggie having some discussions about their past and how it led to their present.
    Then we cut to Michonne and Aaron, who are following Negan's trail. They find Brandon's dead body and proceed into Whisper territory.
    Then we get 5 pages of Negan meeting the main Whisper gang, sans Alpha. He banters with them and claims to be a lone traveler. He basically tells Beta "Cool fucking set up you have! I've been meaning to find a group like this to join! I'm a total joiner!" But also stays bad ass and threatens to kill Beta when Beta talks some smack.
    We then go to Eugene talking to the radio person, whose name is revealed to be Stephanie.
    We get a quick scene of Carl doing metal work and telling Maggie he's staying with her people for now.
    Andrea gets home to Alexandria and flips her **** about the "Fear The Whispers" signs, calling them "propaganda".
    Then we're back with Michonne and Aaron. Aaron is being a gossipy bitch and whining that Jesus is too much of a man whore. As if in punishment for slandering the savior Jesus, Whispers attack and stab Aaron in the gut. Maybe he'll live, but it looks like a bad wound. The last we see of Aaron is the stabbing, so next issue should bring us his fate.
    Then Negan meets Alpha and immediately declares "I"m in love" with a big puppy dog look on his face.
    Awesome thank you.

Yeah, I didn't see that coming. Maybe I should have, but I didn't. I don't try to predict where the book is going, though.

Great issue. Negan has never been my favorite character, but I thought he's really been improved in these last 6 or so issues.

Can't complain about an all Negan issue. Interested to see if Rick is in on Negan's plan or not.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Hahahahahahaha!
    Brilliant. I'm glad I didn't check CBR before coming here, that big headline article saying SOMEONE DIES IN TODAY'S WALKING DEAD would have made the ending very predictable.

This is exactly why I read TWD digitally, early in the morning. I hate big non spoilers like that. I don't want to know anything going in.

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    Can't complain about an all Negan issue. Interested to see if Rick is in on Negan's plan or not.
    I don't think so, I feel as though he hates Rick too much to have been a double agent, not to mention sending people after Negan in the previous issue.
    https://youtu.be/-3v8PgAZCAk Check out this review of The Walking Dead #156!

Quote Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
    I don't think so, I feel as though he hates Rick too much to have been a double agent, not to mention sending people after Negan in the previous issue.
    I'm not sure he actually hates Rick. If Rick wasn't in on this, Negan is clearly hoping to present him with a goodwill gift. I think he respects Rick and what he's built.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    I think (Negan) respects Rick and what he's built.
    He does.
    And he wants to take it from him.
    He will play the good guy card for a while, then start turning everyone against each other.
    Calling it now: down the line, Rick will be stripped of power and living like an outcast, and we will watch him live as a survivor in the badlands again, and eventually come back to battle Negan for the Iron Throne.

Or Negan is going to show that he took immediate action that Rick did not. Which is what the people wanted, however misguided that may be.

The smart money to me says that this is a power play by Negan to show he can do what Rick is unable to, to try and wrest control. But I'd like a twist where he's genuinely trying to be a part of Rick's community and earn a place. Not to rule or supplant, just earn a place in the society. Make Lydia angry and vengeful against the community and groom her to be the actual new major female antagonist, with Carl at least temporarily by her side.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El