Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    Hahahahahahaha!
    Brilliant. I'm glad I didn't check CBR before coming here, that big headline article saying SOMEONE DIES IN TODAY'S WALKING DEAD would have made the ending very predictable.
    I had read the headline before reading the issue (didnt read the article until after) and the whole time reading it, i thought Negan was the one about to bethe one who dies

Spectacular Member

So bizarre seeing Negan occupy the moral high ground.

Negan's always been very vocal about is stance on rape. We saw that a while back with the saviors.

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

This week I could only afford to buy three comics and I made a really smart choice by buying WD. I mean wow, for the first time in a long time WD has gotten back on track with excitement. I enjoyed seeing how Negan interacted with Alpha and the Whisperer's. I liked how Negan being as evil as he is, actually considered the Whisperers to be a greater evil then himself. I loved how at the end both Alpha and Negan had a heart to heart conversation about their past regrets and hating themselves for the decisions they've made. But Holy crap I can't believe Negan killed Alpha. That will no doubt kick start the war next issue (which is about damn time if you ask me).
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

Spectacular Member

Excellent issue. I was just blown away, could not believe that Alpha was killed. Negan is something else.

Nice to know Negan is an equal opportunity a-hole.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

More human than human thetrellan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    Can't complain about an all Negan issue. Interested to see if Rick is in on Negan's plan or not.
    You forget whose idea it was to free him. At best, Rick may have been aware of his escape, but I doubt it.

Negan thinks he can take power again by proving his methods to everyone. I don't think memories are really that short, but who knows? There could be many who weren't on the receiving end of his methods, or who even benefited from them. And right now Rick is primed for takeover by some enterprising demagogue. But is Negan that demagogue? Is anyone really going to forget how the man mutilated the faces of boyfriends of the women who joined his harem, or how he terrorized everyone under his thumb?

The sad truth is people really are that stupid. It's the mob mentality. And Negan will give the sharks blood to smell.

Spectacular Member

Negan has been out of sight, out of mind for three years, the Whisperers are fresh on everbodys mind, propaganda everywhere, he strolls in with their leaders head, that will surely win some hearts.

More human than human thetrellan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_boss View Post
    Negan has been out of sight, out of mind for three years, the Whisperers are fresh on everbodys mind, propaganda everywhere, he strolls in with their leaders head, that will surely win some hearts.
    Especially if Rick hasn't made his escape public knowledge yet. Might make Negan a legend in some minds.

This was a really good issue. It is mostly set up, but they established a lot by using the 16 panel grid, which I've always loved. That double page spread worked gloriously because of what preceded it.

I'm glad the formatting of this is different, so it can tell the story faster per issue. Double shipping All Out War was fine, but I think I like this approach more.

WAR!
    This issue was good, but a lot like the most recent issue of Civil War 2, all set up for the big event. Next month: all the **** hits the fan. Looks like Kirkman is about to clean-house of side-characters.

Really curious to see what kind of battle tactics are involved when purposefully using a walker herd. Are they just like a bunch of animals, used as a big distraction? Or will the whisperers wield squads of them to take out soft targets? Maybe they are a ticking time bomb for Alexandria.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Just caught up with #157; I loved it and I am getting really excited about where things are leading... so I am looking forward to the next issue. All hell is going to break loose...

And it's only just over a week away... bring it on!

Spectacular Member

Well 158 is out today...

Wow that was just another home run by Kirkman. A lot of high drama that's interesting so far.

First, as expected, Father Gabe has met his end. After everything, he proved useless completely. I like this choice because a lot of guys can handle training, but when he comes to the real battle they just are worth nothing. This happens in real war and isn't unusual for Gabe. In the end, he just didn't bring anything to the comic, so it felt right for him to die. Gosh that was a brutal way to go though.

Rick is not getting the help he needs and turmoil in the Kingdom is interesting. Might be a coup there.

The front line action is awesome. Beta is beasting it. I'm stoked about this rest of this arc. Negan vs Beta next issue!

hahahaha they finally killed that stupid f###ing douche! I've been waiting on this one for a while. Literally never did anything right, couldn't even climb a damn ladder.

I also read Walking Dead: Rise Of The Governor today. I thought it would be generic zombie filler but it was amazing and I never saw the twist coming in the slightest. Such a crazy book! Worth it for Governor fans to read, I still like him more than Negan and this book only reinforces that.
    Last edited by Ragdoll; 09-07-2016 at 05:02 PM.