Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

This is a spoiler thread, so people have been warned.

Andrea had a good run. Like others, I'm not fully convinced she's done for, but if she is then I can't really complain about the shake up. Getting to be lots of characters now.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Spectacular Member

I think she's done. I think after such overwhelming odds they faced, it would be a serious let down if we lost NOBODY (father gab does not count).

But who knows.

I wouldn't mind seeing the cast greatly reduced and maybe even back on the road, but I don't know if I see Kirkman doing that at this point.

At some point, you would think they might seek greener pastures. The communities around here have sucked many of the available resources dry. And who needs to live near a bunch of jerks like the Saviors?

More human than human thetrellan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    spoilers:
    I agree that it's more likely a bullet wound. This is a classic TWD fake out cliffhanger. Or is it?
    end of spoilers

Well, you've been reading this long. Rick's always been like this. Back and forth, back and forth.
    Not like this he hasn't. This isn't just Rick second-guessing himself. This is a guy acting like he's past his prime. This is Cerebus after marrying Jaka. The man who refused to let the loss of his dominant hand stop him is missing from the picture. And as with Cerebus, it's damn annoying.

Personally, I think Rick needs to die. Negan or Michonne taking over would change up the dynamic big time, (in different ways obviously) TWD is getting a bit stale for me at the mo. 25c issues and variant covers might push up the sales, but the plot has been sagging of late. The Andrea thing is only a plaster over the cut, Rick - and Carl - need to go.

Lurker

I agree that Rick is getting a bit stale. I wouldn't mind seeing him take more of a backseat advisory role in the next story and let someone else step up as leader. I think Michonne is due, but she didn't want to take over the Kingdom so I don't know if she'd want to lead Alexandria. I don't think anyone would be comfortable letting Negan take control, even with his change of heart.

I think Carl has a lot of potential. I'd like to see him developed more.

Quote Originally Posted by Spensieri View Post
    I agree that Rick is getting a bit stale. I wouldn't mind seeing him take more of a backseat advisory role in the next story and let someone else step up as leader. I think Michonne is due, but she didn't want to take over the Kingdom so I don't know if she'd want to lead Alexandria. I don't think anyone would be comfortable letting Negan take control, even with his change of heart.

I think Carl has a lot of potential. I'd like to see him developed more.
    I think Carl will end up killing Negan out of principle eventually. Even if Negan's so called change of heart is real. This world creates hard people, and I think the next generation is going to prove to be harsher then even the old.

This series continues to surprise. No way I saw all that coming, any of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    This series continues to surprise. No way I saw all that coming, any of it.
    Apparently one truth about the zombie apocalypse: some people are just too stupid to live. For once things were exactly what they appeared to be.

I'm thinking Andrea takes the fall for the "murder" and all is reconciled when she dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Personally, I think Rick needs to die. Negan or Michonne taking over would change up the dynamic big time, (in different ways obviously) TWD is getting a bit stale for me at the mo. 25c issues and variant covers might push up the sales, but the plot has been sagging of late. The Andrea thing is only a plaster over the cut, Rick - and Carl - need to go.
    I totally agree and I hope it's Negan.
    "You know you're just one bad day away from being me."

Current Pull List: Batman, Superman, Flash, Harley Quinn, Amazing Spiderman, Spiderman, Punisher, Venom, DeadPool/Spiderman, Deadpool vs Punisher, Secret Empire, Captain America (Steve Rogers) Old Man Logan, The Walking Dead, Ghostbusters 101

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    I kind of hate variant covers. They seem like a ploy to get unwary buyers to get the same comic by accident. Once I got used to it, it was nice to have a choice, but now I can't remember covers half the time because now an unfamiliar cover isn't vital info. My feeling is the interior artist should always do the cover. Just one cover, no enhancements. What you see is what you get. If Jae Lee is on the front, he should damn well be inside too.

Well god damn...

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

So I heard about what happened in this issue. My response is this: It's really hard to see why this is so bad. It just feels like another tally for the death count and another excuse to give the main character grief and motivation. Also, hey! Haven't seen a female character scarified to give the male character angst, drama, development, or motivation in a while. There's an old classic trope that sadly never goes out of style.

But yeah, it's hard to really care. The series is what it is. A hollow meat grinder. Hard to care since it always seems like it's killing people.
    Last edited by InformationGeek; 05-03-2017 at 11:26 AM.