Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

I'm reading the book (sounds like you're not?) and I very much felt something here.

I disagree with your take, entirely. Especially the fridge take.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I'm reading the book (sounds like you're not?) and I very much felt something here.

That's fine. If you're getting something out of this, that's cool.

I agree. This isn't just another character dying. This is someone that I have years of investment in. Someone with years of development and built up emotional attachment. I very much felt this. And thought the issue was well done and handled with the depth and emotion it deserved.

And it is certainly not "fridging" every time a female character dies.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Anyone else cry like a baby? My one complaint is that there's no way Negan was allowed at Andrea's death bed, not even a throwaway line like "they didn't want me to come in" makes that make any sense. We can survive one whole issue without Negan, Mr Kirkman.

Let me just quote someone else on this...

It's the problem with 'anyone can die' storylines.

Either you eventually reach a point where you run out of people who shouldn't die to keep people caring, or you kill them too and train your readers not to get attached.

I just want to know if you're actually reading the book, or do you just get off on running in and spouting that you're better than things other people enjoy?

I just want to know if you're actually reading the book, or do you just get off on running in and spouting that you're better than things other people enjoy?
    I am not better than anyone for not liking something they're enjoying. Honestly, I feel like I'm better than anyone a lot of the time. I feel pretty low and little.

I'll be honest guys. I've acted like a dick about this. Yesterday was not a good day for me and it really showed in my posts here and other forums. I want to apologize for being a douche about this. While I do feel negatively towards the overuse of death in The Walking Dead, I shouldn't have let that and my personal issues affect me. I'm sorry guys. I'll shut up.

I don't think Rick will be killed, but what they should do is have him leave for parts unknown. Leave for a journey aimed at helping rebuild Alexandria, but don't show it. Have that be the character's sabbatical. Then have Negan actually run things in his absence, at first with resistance from Maggie, Carl, and Michonne but actually beginning to earn respect (on Maggie's end, just an acknowledgment that he's doing decently with the people which supercedes her feelings...obviously she'd never forgive the guy for Glenn).
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Well, goodbye Andrea. Rick seems to have gotten past the worst of dealing with it.

This issue was good but I'm a little concerned that it was done to bring the book more in line with the TV show. And that Michonne/Rick as a couple is now on the horizon. Not that I mind that, I just have really enjoyed how the comic is a different story with different characters and different dynamics.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Well, goodbye Andrea. Rick seems to have gotten past the worst of dealing with it.

This issue was good but I'm a little concerned that it was done to bring the book more in line with the TV show. And that Michonne/Rick as a couple is now on the horizon. Not that I mind that, I just have really enjoyed how the comic is a different story with different characters and different dynamics.
    If anything, this just confirmed Michonne to DIE ON THE TV SHOW!!!! NOOOOO!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    If anything, this just confirmed Michonne to DIE ON THE TV SHOW!!!! NOOOOO!!!!!
    How's that? They killed Andrea to make room for Michonne. At least that's how I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Yesterday was not a good day for me and it really showed in my posts here and other forums. I want to apologize for being a douche about this.
    It's cool, man. I think we've all been there. I know I've done that exact same thing before.

Anyway, hope you're feeling better!

Ultimate Member

Honestly it just gets hard to care about anyone after awhile. You know that, more often than not, they're going to die horribly at some point. So why invest in them at all?

That's the flaw in stories like this, especially when they go on this long. And no, I felt nothing for Andrea's death except, exhaustion. I knew it was coming, it was oh so predictable, Kirkman's explanation for it was lame as heck, etc.

I was honestly surprised this was not some sort of twist...I was convinced the wound on Andrea's neck was just going to turn out to be a bullet graze or something similar.

Her death feels completely random & thoughtless. Instead of feeling grief & sadness over the loss of a beloved character, I mostly feel apathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    How's that? They killed Andrea to make room for Michonne. At least that's how I see it.
    They put Michonne in the Andrea role. So when the show gets to this point, it will be Michonne who has this fate. Hypothetically. They do love trolling comic fans with swerves.