Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Anyone get the variant with extra pages?

Lurker

I didn't see that version. What was in the extra pages?

More human than human thetrellan's Avatar

I already think everything about variants sucks. You telling me I have a whole new reason?

It's the first 7 pages from the next issue. It's a little annoying, but it's not like you'll never get to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    It's the first 7 pages from the next issue. It's a little annoying, but it's not like you'll never get to read it.
    Oh. Putting away my angry hat for now. I'm still ticked about Negan's back story appearing in a book I have no other reason to get, though. So I'm keeping it within reach. That's right, Kirkman. I'm talking to you. ;P

No, I got the regular version.

Negan's story is being collected, though. So again, it's not like you'll never get to read it.

Obviously that was an attempt at putting incentive on picking up Image+. I actually liked Image+. It was nice for interviews and previews, and $2 ain't that steep in this market. But I get why it was annoying for some people.

Negan's story is being collected, though. So again, it's not like you'll never get to read it.

Obviously that was an attempt at putting incentive on picking up Image+. I actually liked Image+. It was nice for interviews and previews, and $2 ain't that steep in this market. But I get why it was annoying for some people.
    I'd just rather read the comics, not read about them. It should be all you need in order to understand. But I was just comparing the list of worlds from Multiversity to those in DC's database, and have to admit, after all these years, that it's all a confusing mess. I'm not going into it further than that, but daaamn.

I can see how fanzines can by useful.
    Last edited by thetrellan; 09-10-2017 at 11:25 AM.

It's more about previews and interviews for upcoming books. It's basically Image's version of Previews. It's nice for $2.

Spectacular Member

Just read 171. I like Princess already (altho she's clearly designed to be likable, it feels).

Quote Originally Posted by Jinjonator View Post
    Just read 171. I like Princess already (altho she's clearly designed to be likable, it feels).
    Designed to be suspicious, you mean. Who cries wolf at this late stage of the Apocalypse?

Hey all, is The Walking Dead really worth getting into at this stage? I know it's really popular and become a bit of a phenomenon and I'm not trying to start any fights haha, I'm pretty sure everyone in this thread is going to be a huge fan but as someone who is new to comics I look at TWD and just think, wow, 170+ issues, there's like 26 TP's and huge compendiums! When you are buying the issues weekly and you are up to date it's not so bad but i would have to invest a lot of money into buying all the existing volumes to try and catch up, but would you say its definitely worth it? There seems to be no end in sight for this comic!

Quote Originally Posted by Catsonheat View Post
    Hey all, is The Walking Dead really worth getting into at this stage? I know it's really popular and become a bit of a phenomenon and I'm not trying to start any fights haha, I'm pretty sure everyone in this thread is going to be a huge fan but as someone who is new to comics I look at TWD and just think, wow, 170+ issues, there's like 26 TP's and huge compendiums! When you are buying the issues weekly and you are up to date it's not so bad but i would have to invest a lot of money into buying all the existing volumes to try and catch up, but would you say its definitely worth it? There seems to be no end in sight for this comic!
    Sure, if you start at the beginning. Monthly costs more, in the long run. You don't have to catch up all at once, you know. But you could get the omnibus I've heard about, if that's your wish. Just start with volume one, otherwise. At least that way you can decide if want to keep buying.

Things have been less gripping lately, though. I wouldn't recommend starting with the latest monthlies. They're not really representative of the series as a whole. But you can do that too, if you must. You might feel different than those of us who are up to date do, and it seems to be picking up a bit anyway.
    Last edited by thetrellan; 09-20-2017 at 01:14 AM.

I'd try to find the compendiums used if you want a cheap way in.

I'd try to find the compendiums used if you want a cheap way in.
    Word. Listen to this guy, Catsonheat, he knows whereof he speaks.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by thetrellan View Post
    Designed to be suspicious, you mean. Who cries wolf at this late stage of the Apocalypse?
    I think it's just to show how weird and off her character is. If anything, I think it actually makes her less suspicious; if she had ill intent, she'd be trying to act normal and gain their trust, and this wouldn't really help with that. She's just odd, I think.