Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast
    More human than human thetrellan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jinjonator View Post
    I think it's just to show how weird and off her character is. If anything, I think it actually makes her less suspicious; if she had ill intent, she'd be trying to act normal and gain their trust, and this wouldn't really help with that. She's just odd, I think.
    I do think you're right. But what Michonne is thinking is that maybe the girl is trying to put them off their guard.

Nooooo not Jesus!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Spectacular Member

I'm sure he'll live. Would be odd to end on a cliffhanger like that, if he's actually just gonna die, ya know.

Lurker

I really hope they don't kill off Aaron. I assume Jesus will survive. For some reason I feel like Beta will take Jesus captive... which is not something the Whisperers usually do, but he might be changing strategy to try and get the most revenge out of his inevitable attack on Rick's group.

Jesus should def not die!

Well, Beta is *drumroll* some dude no one in this world knows but who is famous there. An interesting development, but feels a little like a wasted opportunity for some social commentary to reveal him right before he just dies like a punk.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Felt like a rushed end to the Whisperers so they can move on to this next arc, Brave New World or whatever it's called.

I don't care, really. People get quickly dispatched in this book all the time, so it's nothing new. Beta being a somebody, but a nobody to us is fine, too. Mostly, it just felt like an extra quick wrap up.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

I just keep trying to read this book just feels like Robert is going in circles honestly. Ever feel like every story is almost the same in structure and form, but raises the stakes just a little bit further? It's more of a story that's less to do with zombies and more to do with fighting a wannabe dictator or warlord before moving onto the next one.
    Last edited by InformationGeek; 11-02-2017 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    I just keep trying to read this book just feels like Robert is going in circles honestly. Ever feel like every story is almost the same in structure and form, but raises the stakes just a little bit further? It's more of a story that's less to do with zombies and more to do with fighting a wannabe dictator or warlord before moving onto the next one.
    Yes. That's why they say "The Walking Dead" refers to survivors, not zombies. Zombies are a constant threat, but not the main focus. They never have been.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Felt like a rushed end to the Whisperers so they can move on to this next arc, Brave New World or whatever it's called.

I don't care, really. People get quickly dispatched in this book all the time, so it's nothing new. Beta being a somebody, but a nobody to us is fine, too. Mostly, it just felt like an extra quick wrap up.
    As expected. Beta talked like a bigger threat than he really was, but with Alpha gone, the real threat was removed. They were reduced to being just malcontents hiding in the woods. The fact that they wanted to recruit new blood confirms this. Rather than anticlimactic, I found this satisfying.

In fact, the whole issue satisfied. Things are moving again, and more interesting than they've been in awhile. Although I do wish the journey of Michonne's group had lasted longer. It was supposed to take weeks, but if those weeks take place in real time, it seems like two days at most. So that part did feel rushed. Considering how easily Beta and his crew were dispatched, it's not surprising how you feel. One of these should have been handled more slowly.
    Last edited by thetrellan; 11-02-2017 at 01:44 PM.

I didn't really have a problem with it. I mean, we did their story. It was interesting, but where else do you take it? There wasn't really that much meat on those
    bones.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    This is a fair, if tired criticism of the book. It's been thrown at it for a long time, and I suppose with good reason.

But, that's what the book is, and has always been. You either like the book for what it is, or it isn't for you. I don't think it's a negative. Like all things, though, it won't be for everyone.

I didn't really have a problem with it. I mean, we did their story. It was interesting, but where else do you take it? There wasn't really that much meat on those
    bones.

This is a fair, if tired criticism of the book. It's been thrown at it for a long time, and I suppose with good reason.

But, that's what the book is, and has always been. You either like the book for what it is, or it isn't for you. I don't think it's a negative. Like all things, though, it won't be for everyone.
    It's Romero's original concept, as seen in Night of the Living Dead (as opposed to the Dawn of the Dead remake, and the spoof Return of the Living Dead series, where zombies could run or even talk). Outside of short passages like the one from- was it 28 Days or Weeks later?- where you actually see a time lapse of what it's like to be a z, no film is about the zombies themselves. It's about the humans responding to the zombie menace.

I actually prefer the slow ones. There's something frighteningly inevitable about such a lethal threat one can easily outmaneuver one on one, but which becomes so overwhelming in groups. The book's biggest zombie moments have to do with every increasing swarms of living dead. Romero's last zombie film had them learning to eat horses instead of people, but I say so what? They used to eat people and now they eat anything in sight. That just endangers the food supply. It wouldn't make anything safer.

But I digress. This isn't about the show or about films. But anyone who expects screaming rage zombies, or zombies that evolve, probably won't like TWD. That's true.

I like slow zombies. I agree about the inevitability of their threat.

But I love 28 Days Later, and like parts of the Dawn remake.

I like slow zombies. I agree about the inevitability of their threat.

But I love 28 Days Later, and like parts of the Dawn remake.
    Me too. That remake was much better than the original, imo. I used to hate zombie movies. But one day I admitted to myself it was because they scared me. Now I can't get enough of them. Psychology must be fascinating.

Oh man, no, I LOVE the original. The remake falls apart the farther into it you get. The original stays great.

On that note, the helicopter they case in TWD that leads them to Woodville, is supposed to be the helicopter from Dawn of the Dead. You can see the character's heads in the Governors fishtanks. A fun little easter egg.

Spectacular Member

Does anyone else think Princess is Negan's long lost sister?