Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

What I think is most interesting is that Rick and his crew is on the other side of the fence now. They are the established community taking the guns away from the crew coming in from the outside. I expect to see a lot of parallels to Woodbury, but from a different perspective.

Amazing Member

Rick and his crew have been on the other side of the fence since they first got to Alexandria. Remember when those thugs pretty much demanded to enter, and Rick was like, "it isn't going to happen" because they went the wrong way about it, which of course lead to the big shoot out? For awhile I thought it was going to turn out that they were part of Negan's gang but I guess they were just stragglers. And to be real, even though Rick wasn't as crippled as he is now, ever since they got to Alexandria he hasn't really done a lot on the outside other than to visit the other leaders, and to confront Negan. In short, I've realized that the wobbly Rick really isn't that big of a change since other than the war with Negan, he hasn't been that active in a long time. However, the buzz cut still has to go, buzzcuts make people look like squares.

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

I am sure that at least ONE person can figure out how to work some heavy machinery!

build trenches of course

Once all the walkers in a big herd are buried in a deep deep trench I would thin them out the old fashion way.... Sharp stick to the brain. I would have crews that do nothing but shove a sharp pole down into their brains.

BTW, I love this comic. I am a Marvel reader but also buy some DC. This is the ONLY ONLY ONLY comic that don't disappoint month to month...the rest of you comic writers need to take a hint

Really cool to see a time skip. Was definitely the right move, along with keeping Negan alive. He didn't seem to have much on the Governor before, but now with this, there's much more of an interest there in his evolution these past two years and if he's changed for the better, or maybe even for the worse.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Girl 94 View Post
    I am sure that at least ONE person can figure out how to work some heavy machinery!

build trenches of course

Once all the walkers in a big herd are buried in a deep deep trench I would thin them out the old fashion way.... Sharp stick to the brain. I would have crews that do nothing but shove a sharp pole down into their brains.

BTW, I love this comic. I am a Marvel reader but also buy some DC. This is the ONLY ONLY ONLY comic that don't disappoint month to month...the rest of you comic writers need to take a hint

yeah, I'm feeling the trench idea. it's a one-time-use thing (just cover it up and mark it as a mass grave, right?) but quantity, not quality.
    here come the surveyors...here come all the surveyors

Quote Originally Posted by AZBarbarian View Post
    What I think is most interesting is that Rick and his crew is on the other side of the fence now. They are the established community taking the guns away from the crew coming in from the outside. I expect to see a lot of parallels to Woodbury, but from a different perspective.
    Rick can't not be in charge, which is why he destabilizes the status quo everywhere he goes. Now that Rick is finally the unquestioned leader, what happens when someone else enters the scene who also can't not be in charge?

Is the time skip a good jumping on point? I'm way behind on the book, but I don't mind skipping ahead.

I'd say its a fine jumping on point, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozen View Post
    Is the time skip a good jumping on point? I'm way behind on the book, but I don't mind skipping ahead.
    Yes, probably the best jumping on point the book has had in a long time.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Fantastic Member General Nerditry's Avatar

It's arguably the only jumping on point Kirkman has really done. With the time shift, both new and old readers are waiting to find out what's going on.

Amazing Member

It is a pretty good jumping on point.

Some new readers may wonder why the dude from Motorhead is behind bars but I'm sure it'll be re-explained as to why he's there in the near future.

I'd say yes. All Out War was so boring... you really don't need to read that.

I actually enjoyed All Out War (minority) but also enjoyed the time jump. I am actually nervous in the since that whenever something is going well, we always get the big swing in the other direction. Plus now our next Big Bad has to be worse than Neagan + The Govenor combined. Love the book cant wait for next week!!!

All-New Member

I don't know why Carl thinks he can fight zombies as a team member. He's to short 4"5 to be respected by his teamates. He's not tall enough to carry his teammates if they fall and injury themselves.

Watching The Wheels wrkngclasshero's Avatar

How much time do we think has elapsed since the Rick initally woke up in the hospital?
    "A working class hero is something to be..." - J. Lennon