Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast

I wonder if anything will happen. Maybe nothing needs to happen with him. That was definitely the end of a character arc.

This was masterfully done. I literally would be satisfied if we never saw Neegan again as much as I love him. This is too perfect of an ending to his involvement with Ricks group. If anything he may be gone for years...

Really well done end to Negan's arc. Gonna miss him, but he needs a break.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Yeah, I'd be fine with never seeing him again. Not out of dislike, but that was a fine end to his story.

Meanwhile, a new arc! New World Order!

It's going to be interesting to see how that last page plays out. I can't recall Michonne's origin 100% off the top of me head, so I don't remember the deal with her daughters.

During the prison (waaaay back) I think the daughters were described at some point by her as "missing," which pretty much means dead in this world.

So far, the New World Order seems pretty basic. Not a lot to distinguish it from every other community we've seen along the way. Except that they are bigger with more stuff. They remind me a bit of the kingdom.

Just re-read the Michonne origin special. Zero mention of children. Didn't she mention a son who died in the show? If she mentioned anything in the comics of her missing children I'd love to know which issue.

Interesting issue. Has Kirkman ever commented on Fear The Walking Dead TV characters being added to the comic? This would be the point to introduce some of them, if there ever would be one.

He's not putting TV characters in the comic.

So far the New World Order people seem classy enough. A bit militaristic, but that is understandable. They don't seem to have a currency, which is interesting since they seem so bent on re-establishing civilization. No post-apocalypse society has had a currency yet.

Waiting for the other shoe to drop on these guys, I guess.

More human than human thetrellan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    So far the New World Order people seem classy enough. A bit militaristic, but that is understandable. They don't seem to have a currency, which is interesting since they seem so bent on re-establishing civilization. No post-apocalypse society has had a currency yet.

Waiting for the other shoe to drop on these guys, I guess.
    We know they like lawyers and won't let you play with radios. The first part is a huge red flag, and I tend to think it's more about wanting a successful self-starter (preferably a woman? No time like the Apocalypse to correct social imbalance, anyway). The second is perfectly understandable. I thought Eugene was plain crazy to keep talking with a complete stranger from God knows what hellhole. At least without telling Rick.

You need some kind of wealth depository established before you can establish paper currency. Otherwise you could melt precious metals into coins of specific weight. Dealing with real metal of real value would reduce inflation, and give a measure for it. But they're still at the barter stage, I imagine. That's what Negan had going. I wonder if anyone has cleared Fort Knox or Grand Central Terminal yet? That's where the real wealth resides.
    Last edited by thetrellan; 02-14-2018 at 03:13 PM.

I'd really like it if this community isn't Woodbury again.

It doesn't have to be perfect, but I don't want to see another villain community. The book's been moving in the direction of people re establishing functioning communities for a while, and I'd like to see that come to fruition here.

I don't know where the story goes from there, but I'd like to see something different. That'd be the real twist.

Who is the next antagonist if they move away from the "villain community" concept?

They've done massive herds multiple times.

Like I said, I don't know where the story goes.

I'm also not sure I want to see our group fully integrate into this community, either.

More human than human thetrellan's Avatar

If we've learned anything from the Apocalypse, it's that jerkwads use it to set up little dystopias. But we seem to have entered a civilizing stage. I hope this encounter at least leads toward connecting two geographically separate communities who then go on to crush these nightmare towns one by one. The new guys seem to be well equipped for such a project.

To be united enough to insist your neighbors behave like real human beings. That would be something. Even in the real world.

Hi guys, I have a kinda off topic question. Do you think Here's Negan will ever be reprinted in Trade Paperback? The Hardcover is very cheap - so cost is not the problem- but since I own the Compendium #1-3, having the oversized HC of Here's Negan will look a little weird on the shelf (it's my OCD thing)!
    Last edited by Morsoth; 02-17-2018 at 08:51 AM.