Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast

I'd assume. They've published everything else in every format possible.

Quote Originally Posted by thetrellan View Post
    To be united enough to insist your neighbors behave like real human beings. That would be something. Even in the real world.
    Or not. These commonwealth folks seem united by a tenuous system of checks and balances, and they are at risk for a military coup. Not that thats a bad thing necessarily, but we know so very little about the community right now that its still to early to tell.

The military/quasi-military guys are neat, though. After using body armor like that way back in the prison, that technique was just kind of abandoned for no reason at all.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

A lack of the actual equipment?

I suppose one angle is The Commonwealth turns in to a riotous chaos, all is lost, and our heroes have to bail.

They don't seem evil. But I don't see this being the new Alexandria, either. So, I'm not sure what's going to happen here, but I can't help but keep guessing how this goes wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    They don't seem evil. But I don't see this being the new Alexandria, either. So, I'm not sure what's going to happen here, but I can't help but keep guessing how this goes wrong.
    Maybe the community really isn't all that big? The guy said they had 50,000 people, but perhaps in reality its more on the level of Hilltop, and they just put on a show for new people.

More human than human thetrellan's Avatar

The spoiled kid reminds me of how Alexandria played out on the show. Maybe Kirkman wants to explore the theme. I think it would be strange to see a project of mine brought to life as his was and to not have it spark ideas. Not borrowing, just a variation of theme.

Astonishing Member

I have the feeling the NWO arc will be big. Its already full of interesting stuff and characters, and its just two issues in.

More human than human thetrellan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    I have the feeling the NWO arc will be big. Its already full of interesting stuff and characters, and its just two issues in.
    Since Kirkman has been teasing us for years about it through Eugene's secret radio conversations, it ought to be.

Astonishing Member

Its good to see that the book is still interesting, and i think NWO could be as good as All out war...

And as much as i liked Negan (no, i hated him, but not really. He was a very interesting character) its good to not see him anymore. I have the feeling his story is told for now.

This thread sure died off. Over a year since the last post!

I suppose today is as good a day as any to revive it, right?

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I am really surprised they finally did it. Even after reading last months issue I didn't think they would really go through with it, but they did. And to have it go down that way really was a very sad moment.

It's sad that this thread is dead. I still love TWD and I'm up-to-date. Very curious to see how things will evolves now.

Quick question: who's your favorite (alive) character now? Seriously, I could say Negan but he's gone since a while... I'm not sure who's my favorite I guess...

Was disappointed that it was that whiny little entitled punk that was the one to finish him off. Would have preferred him going out in a more badass way.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Yah it was a little disappointing that he went out like that, but the circumstances this time were way different from the last time a whiny little punk tried to take him out. This time, his death will have significant meaning to a lot more people.

I always thought what set Rick apart was that he was in that coma during the fall of humanity. He was never broken by it, never had to go through what everyone else did, but just woke up during the apocalypse with all the same pre-event attitudes intact. It took him longer to go through all the pain that others were very familiar with, so he continually lived in a headspace that was removed from everyone else.

Now its all survivors, all broken people who are left. But Rick will be remembered and serve as the big inspirational figure for future generations. And I think it was time to have this happen, for sure.

Wonder if it might be time for another time skip.

I'm kinda glad he went with little fanfare. I'm glad it wasn't some big badass moment.

I personally would like to see Maggie take the unofficial lead. Carl to an extent. I'd also just like to see the expanded cast fleshed out a little more.

It also might be time for an epic re read of the whole damn series.

BANNED

Well, I guess i will be dropping this book now, just like I stopped the tv show after Rick left. To me, this was always Rick's story