Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wrkngclasshero View Post
    How much time do we think has elapsed since the Rick initally woke up in the hospital?
    My guess is about 4 years. I thought it was about 2 years through the end of All Out War and then the 2 year time jump.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Watching The Wheels wrkngclasshero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    My guess is about 4 years. I thought it was about 2 years through the end of All Out War and then the 2 year time jump.
    I wonder if Kirkman plans on revisiting that 2 year time period we just jumped, more than just in passing conversations I mean. I have to say I am pretty psyched to see where the story is heading, it's clearly shifting away from it's initial tone but that's not a bad thing. Probably necessary to keep it fresh after 10 years of publishing.
    "A working class hero is something to be..." - J. Lennon

Apparently, from the letters, it isn't exactly a 2 year time jump. It was supposed to just be unspecified.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Apparently, from the letters, it isn't exactly a 2 year time jump. It was supposed to just be unspecified.
    Is that what he's saying in the letters page in issue #128? I haven't read the letters yet.

If he is saying that.. then well.. I'm calling him out on this..

44444.jpg

So what's the deal, did a year pass somewhere between page 24 and 36 in issue #127?

Ok, I'm being a little harsh but other than Negan and Carl's dialogue, and that Negan appears to be showing some remorse or regret, things are pretty dull right now.
    Last edited by Deviancy; 06-11-2014 at 06:35 PM.

All-New Member

Rick especially looks like he's been aged more than two years. I'm not gonna worry about it, but he seems a bit older in relation to everyone else.
    www.grayhavencomics.com
    For Creators, By Creators

Amazing Member

The buzz cut, the horrible beard, and walking on a cane plays into why he looks older than the others, I mean that's how I'm seeing it. Andrea still looks exactly the same, and the same goes with Rosita, Eugne, and well, we haven't seen Michonne yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviancy View Post
    The buzz cut, the horrible beard, and walking on a cane plays into why he looks older than the others, I mean that's how I'm seeing it. Andrea still looks exactly the same, and the same goes with Rosita, Eugne, and well, we haven't seen Michonne yet.
    I thought Eugene looked a little thinner. But, agreed, everyone of the adults but Rick looked mostly the same (which you would expect them not to visibly age as much as a kid like Carl).
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Amazing Member

I have a hunch the new chick will be the new tough chick.. if she survives.

You know what would be bad ass?

When Magna earns her weapons back, the issue where she gets them back, the cover can be of her with all her weapons and the text on the cover would say...

"Welcome to Team Grimes, Magna.. Hope you survive the Experience".

Kirkman and Adlard would never do it but if they did, which they won't, I think it would be bad ass and be paying homage to the X-Men, back when the X-Men was a good comic.
    Last edited by Deviancy; 06-12-2014 at 10:01 PM.

So, the new folks wre looking for a dirty little secret. Just happens to be one hidden down in a cell!

All-New Member

The time passed has been two years. Carl states that a boy working under Eugene is ten years old, only a year older than him. Carl was about nine years old before the time-skip.

All-New Member

I think Manga's group is pretty stupid. They're not trusting Rick's group because of if something too good to be true, it probably is. Manga's group is probably going to snoop around find Negan. Negan is going to lie to them so he can get free. Conflict assures between the group. What happens beyond the comic is pretty obvious. The story continue with Rick finding a conflict either within the group or an opposing group. Rick will mostly end up winning with maybe a few characters dying here and there.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by wild_child2 View Post
    I think Manga's group is pretty stupid. They're not trusting Rick's group because of if something too good to be true, it probably is. Manga's group is probably going to snoop around find Negan. Negan is going to lie to them so he can get free. Conflict assures between the group. What happens beyond the comic is pretty obvious. The story continue with Rick finding a conflict either within the group or an opposing group. Rick will mostly end up winning with maybe a few characters dying here and there.

YOU WIN!

My guess though, is that Magna and co. won't be as rash as to let him out. Rock was upfront with her about him being dangerous. Lots of misdirection here lately.

I think the Neegan discovery will lead to more tension between our crew and the new crew.

Really interested in seeing more of the two travelers (we don't know them, right?)
    here come the surveyors...here come all the surveyors

Quote Originally Posted by wild_child2 View Post
    The time passed has been two years. Carl states that a boy working under Eugene is ten years old, only a year older than him. Carl was about nine years old before the time-skip.
    Did you even read what you wrote? That's some pretty awful math.

Fantastic Member General Nerditry's Avatar

Wow, what a great issue. It's a whole different kind of tension. I am completely sold on the new direction. I am thinking the new crew won't be dumb enough to buy into Negan's rantings because it would be too obvious, and I mean, he's a prisoner. Of course he's going to say anything he can to try and get out. Also, didn't Kirkman pretty plainly say the time jump was indeterminate in length despite what the editor posted? I think 2-3 years seems a reasonable time.

Also, not sure if it's Charlie's drawing or if Negan does nothing but workout in his cell, but he seems pretty buff for a dude who presumably doesn't go anywhere.