Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Fake-out cliffhangers are kinda irritating, but I like Magna so would've hated seeing her be stupid and buy into Negan's claims and free him or something so early into her tenure.

The voices are probably going to turn out to be someone(s) herding this particular horde. More protagonists or new antagonists.
    My thinking also. I really don't think a fake cliffhanger works well for a series that is this serious in tone. It kind of feels fake and awkward. And I, like most readers, knew Magna was not going to fall for that because it is so obvious.

Has anyone commented on Rick going wild beating up that - are they mounted guards or herders or something? - like he is crazy? That is more interesting to me than the Negan fake cliffhanger. But then in the next book we see Rick arrive at the compound and treated like he is Captain America.

It would be more interesting to me if people hated on Rick and are afraid of him in a Saddam Hussein kind of way - clearly he now has this propensity for casual violence on his people. Did his kid Carl even flinch seeing dad beat the crap out of a person?

But we are forced to concentrate on someone we just met named Magna and boring predictable Negan.
    Last edited by Jack Flag; 08-21-2014 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FishboneX View Post
    I am also a long-time Romero Zombie purist, hell, I had to ask my LCS to special order the first issue of this book because he had not planned on carrying it. I am actually fine with the Dead talking, a separate evolved/non-devolved version of the the walkers. Kirkman has always hinted for years now, that there was more to the zombie herds and the zombies that just didn't seem active at all, just laying around. Maybe this is an exploration into that. It's different, but different isnt bad if done well. And Kirkman is the best Romero-verse zombie writer ever, so I am willing to let him do what he wants. Hell, even Romero had zombies evolving/non-devolved since his Day of the Dead wen Bub remembered pieces of his past and carried feelings for the Docs who took care of him and hatred for the soldiers.

I don't like Magna at all yet, too distrusting for a group of people accepted into a community like this after being alone outside for so long. She can just leave if she distrusts them so much. But I was glad they showed her to be smart enough to read right through Negans story. Also, how great was Negans dejected reaction when he was left alone again?

Love this issue.
    I don't think the zombies talk. I think it was humans that learned to survive using the Michonne method to camouflage themselves amongst the zombies.

Kirkman has always stated that his world is based on the Night Of The Living Dead George Romero zombies. I always assumed the zombies becoming less active has to do with them wasting and rotting away. In just a few year - most zombies would just rot away and the meat would fall from their bones. A few cold winters of thaw and freeze cycles would turn flesh into mush. So I always assumed the dead being even less motivated to be zombies was a result of that.

Of course we could be wrong and zombies get new abilities but I don't think so. I think it is just humans wearing dead body parts or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flag View Post
    Of course we could be wrong and zombies get new abilities but I don't think so. I think it is just humans wearing dead body parts or something like that.
    But if they were people disguised as zombies they wouldn't talk, right? And if they were whispering, the guy wouldn't have listened.

No answers to that mystery this issue, but some good development of characters. Still looking forward to jumping into the next arc, even though I've enjoyed this quieter period.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flag View Post
    I don't think the zombies talk. I think it was humans that learned to survive using the Michonne method to camouflage themselves amongst the zombies.

Kirkman has always stated that his world is based on the Night Of The Living Dead George Romero zombies. I always assumed the zombies becoming less active has to do with them wasting and rotting away. In just a few year - most zombies would just rot away and the meat would fall from their bones. A few cold winters of thaw and freeze cycles would turn flesh into mush. So I always assumed the dead being even less motivated to be zombies was a result of that.

didn't Romero make the Zombie movie with the boss Zombie who wasa pumping gas, remebering, and talking? If so, then this twist isn't so far fetched after all..

Keep in mind it was raining too. When Rick and Glenn tried that way back, the smell washed off them. However, it could be a "weather-proof" zombie disguise. It should be interesting, either way.

Amazing Member

The whispering zombie thing wasn't really the big story in the latest issue, the two biggest things in the current issue in my opinion, they'd have to be what Rick said about Michonne, which sounds like something not so great happened between her and Rick, and Magna and her pals pulling something that I can't see not having consequences. But well, Negan could use some roommates.

As for the talker walkers... If Jesus is shocked because he hears one talk or scream, then something is up because Jesus is a rock, he isn't the type who'd lose his mind and hear things.

http://dailydead.com/cover-art-walki...omnibus-vol-5/
    Last edited by Deviancy; 09-13-2014 at 01:03 AM.
    Funny Books That Currently Have My Attention (for now): Can't think of a single one...

Fantastic Member General Nerditry's Avatar

I'm surprised and concerned at the hopefully fake cliffhanger from this issue. I wonder if Rick's community has security easily accessible to handle this type of thing or how far they will take it. Andrea's been **** on a lot in the last arc, so the girl deserves a break.

They don't seem to have any kind of police force, do they? Trouble in paradise. Its still within probably six months of the Negan thing, so they are in the late stages of the peaceful aftermath.

Things I like about where this seems to be going:

-Tables being turned by the new group.
    -Sophie being a bad ass!
    -Maggie finally moving on from Glenn, maybe.
    -Undead whispers.

Fantastic Member General Nerditry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    They don't seem to have any kind of police force, do they? Trouble in paradise. Its still within probably six months of the Negan thing, so they are in the late stages of the peaceful aftermath.
    I think it has been more than six months. More like 2 years ish given the letters column flub and how much older Carl seems, among other things.

Thought this was a really great issue. Definitely excited for the next couple issues, now.

#132 was an amazing issue! Just to avoid spoiling anything for anyone:

They finally resolved the cliffhanger from a few issues back with the talking zombies, they are indeed people with zombie masks made from zombies. The lead up to and revelation of this was simply amazing. Especially loved the panel with their initial shock when they though zombies were parrying their attacks with knives, simply epic.
    Really interested to see where the story goes from this point onwards.
    Black Science, Copperhead, Deadly Class, East of West, The Fade Out, Five Ghosts, Ghosted, Injustice, Invincible, Lazarus, Manifest Destiny, Nailbiter, Outcast, Saga, Southern Bastards, Spread,The Walking Dead, Wayward, XO Manowar

Amazing Member

When it comes to the latest issue... this sums it up..

"it rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again"

I wasn't shocked by the "big reveal" entirely, I knew someone learned a new trick, I just didn't think he'd go the Buffalo Bill route, but I'm glad he did because it makes perfect sense. The question is, will they be the next threat? I can't imagine they have enough people to be a big threat but I do imagine they can play in a role in a regular or two biting it. Its been awhile since a core character has been killed, I think the last one was Abraham, I'd say it was his woman but she was never really a core character.
    Last edited by Global Honored; 10-07-2014 at 03:14 AM. Reason: Edited
    Funny Books That Currently Have My Attention (for now): Can't think of a single one...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deviancy View Post
    When it comes to the latest issue... this sums it up..

"it rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again"

I wasn't shocked by the "big reveal" entirely, I knew someone learned a new trick, I just didn't think he'd go the Buffalo Bill route, but I'm glad he did because it makes perfect sense. The question is, will they be the next threat? I can't imagine they have enough people to be a big threat but I do imagine they can play in a role in a regular or two biting it. Its been awhile since a core character has been killed, I think the last one was Abraham, I'd say it was his woman but she was never really a core character, she was just his hot pocket.
    How about the death in issue 100?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zartan's Brother View Post
    How about the death in issue 100?
    My bad, I should have said "Its been awhile since a cool character has been killed"...

I like the Glenn in the show but I never cared much for him in the comic.
    Last edited by Deviancy; 10-03-2014 at 01:36 AM.