Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    More human than human thetrellan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    There is a full thread for the TV show in the TV/Film section.
    I would have asked, but hey, I'm a guy, and we never ask for directions. Thanks for the redirect.

No worries. Just figure you'll get more conversation there.

134 was a great issue, I thought. This arc is starting off with a bang. I really love the whisperers.

Not really a spoiler but spoilers:
    when was the last time we had a full issue with no Rick?
    end of spoilers

Fantastic Member AwesomeUsername's Avatar

No worries. Just figure you'll get more conversation there.

134 was a great issue, I thought. This arc is starting off with a bang. I really love the whisperers.

Not really a spoiler but spoilers:
    when was the last time we had a full issue with no Rick?
    end of spoilers

Right after Something To Fear, the issue where Carl hid in the truck and made his way to the Sanctuary, then all the way back to the prison. Those issues from the Governor's point of view.

Thanks, I couldn't recall beyond the issue back during the prison arc.

It seems like they're pulling away from Rick as the lead character. Since the time jump it's made a continual point to show us that Rick isn't at the forefront of any action taking place. Now we're possibly shifting focus to a more ensemble style book.

All-New Member

Thanks, I couldn't recall beyond the issue back during the prison arc.

It seems like they're pulling away from Rick as the lead character. Since the time jump it's made a continual point to show us that Rick isn't at the forefront of any action taking place. Now we're possibly shifting focus to a more ensemble style book.
    And probably eventually getting Rick's death, since he will be less of a focal character.

Fantastic Member General Nerditry's Avatar

So, is anyone still reading this? MAN, the latest issue was intense.

I am. Still enjoying it. It hasn't been super crazy action packed, which is why I don't think anyone's talking about it.

This was a good issue. Those last two scenes. Power plays. I'm sure Lydia is scamming Carl. I doubt she's legit. That's just not how this book does things. **** Gregory. That guy is the worst.

Dat eyeball licking.... HNGGGG

That was pretty funny. Also, I'm sure there to suggest that something isn't right about The Whisperers.

And another issue without Rick. I guess they're testing out how well the book works without Rick. Honestly, I don't even notice his absence until I think back on the issue.

Yeah, not action-packed, per se, but still really tense with the plot implications. I mean, Maggie spoilers:
    being poisoned...do you think she survives? I'm hoping Jesus beats Gregory to death and forces Maggie to throw up the poison enough so she lives, but who knows with this book.
    end of spoilers I also suspect Lydia is going to betray Carl. I wonder if Carl's oft-predicted death is coming up soon? Frankly, I hope not because I'm still burnt out on that kind of tension. I want to see more world-building, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by impulseucf View Post
    I also suspect Lydia is going to betray Carl..
    I think she plans to, but once Carl realizes Maggie has been taken out, he will have Lydia bring him to the other Whispers, after she convinces him that they aren't crazy and will be able to help reclaim the town. Maybe they'll even play nice for Carl and tell him they will help take out the baddies and save Maggie, but then, when they save the day and find the hole Maggie is stashed in, the head Whisper will kill her and claim themselves as new leader.

Could go a lot of ways. I don't think Carl dies any time soon. If anything, Rick dies, and Carl becomes the more central character. That seems the direction they're working toward right now.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Carl dying would be pointless, frankly. On a related note, Lydia being just a con artist would be too. Kirkman can be very good, but he often seems to think good storytelling is make the worst possible thing happen every single time.

Eh, I think too many of us are predicting Lydia to be a con artist for it to actually happen. Kirkman has a way of going the unexpected direction, for good or ill.