Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    Still, it seemed a bit weak compared to cheap, mistakenly racist Batman and litigious, egomaniacal Hal Jordan with the information that "Karl" gave him.
    I agree with that, just pointing out that it wasn't just his smell. And yeah, that watchtower spread is one of the best pages, with knight-fantasy not far behind.

"I mean you talk to Karl Rayner"

"I thought it was Kyle"

"Whatever"

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    I think there's more there than people are giving it credit for. Yeah, there's the satirical elements about superheroes, but a depth there, too, something that came out in SixPack's conversation with J'Onn this issue. Most of the meta-commentary is played for laughs, but that was a very poignant and existensial moment for a character who has traditionally been played for laughs.
    Not what I was talking about. I mean actually feeling thin like there aren't enough pages in there or the quality of paper makes it feel like that.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    Not what I was talking about. I mean actually feeling thin like there aren't enough pages in there or the quality of paper makes it feel like that.
    Oh, I think it's the paper. It did feel a bit light when I picked it up, too, but it's the same number of pages as a normal DC comic.

Incredible Member

Still chuckling at the Monty Python hand of God with The Spectre (and the other guy I don't know -- oops).

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HellHere View Post
    Still chuckling at the Monty Python hand of God with The Spectre (and the other guy I don't know -- oops).
    Zauriel, he's an angel.