Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Default So, anyone else reading Red Skull?

Seems interesting and apparently the Magneto in it is from Mutopia aka X-Tiction Agenda's zone?

I've read both issues so far, although apparently the first issue didn't stick with me so well. When I opened the second, I was like, "Wait, everyone's dead?"

I read it today, really enjoyed it. Like that Doom has basically banished all his potential competition, which shows that he isnt "all powerful" or he would have eliminated them (unless there is a story coming why he felt he had to keep them alive)
    Didnt think i would like the series but am very happily surprised with it

It's definitely got some intrigue. For one, the Red Skull refuses to mention what domain he's actually from. Although this Red Skull is obviously anti-Captain-America still, but everything else about his manner doesn't 'gel' with the regular Red Skull. He's definitely not pushing that pro-Nazi tract as much, if at all. Could be writers avoiding bringing that up (since he's the title protagonist and having a Nazi as your main character is a hard sell), or he's not like the original Red Skull and doesn't hold that belief. He even mentions that everything else built up around him is misinformation after he was already sent over the Shield.

Heck, I've got this weird suspicion he could be some alternate Bucky or someone.

Fantastic Member Venom Melendez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by resipsaloquitur View Post
    I've read both issues so far, although apparently the first issue didn't stick with me so well. When I opened the second, I was like, "Wait, everyone's dead?"
    They were all eaten by zombies and Red Skull felt Magneto was the only one worth saving.

Though he probably let Bucky die for kicks.

Powered By Gravity

I'm hoping someone from the group survived and will show up in the last issue.

This appears to be a sequel to Magneto Last Days, as Mags recalls a sequence from where the Incursion approaches Earth. The conflict in Mags towards obeying Red Skull and killing Skull is shown when Skull uses a key to unlock the Inhibitor collar and Mags breaks free. Instead of killing Skull, Skull has faith that Mags will destroy the Shield and overthrow Doom. It appears Mags is going down that road, because as Skull says, the Deadlands have a way of changing people. There are 3 "skull" emblems on that wall map in the Skulls cave, so one wonders what influence Skull has in the 3 domains? We already have the Perfection aligning with the Zombies, but now the Bugs are aligning with Red Skull here. Is there a connection between all 3 domains now that the attack has started in Shield#2?
    Last edited by jackolover; 08-08-2015 at 10:46 PM.

BANNED

It's clearly Magneto from Age of X. There's even a flashback to his world's incursion showing the characters from that universe.

Okay thanks. I'm not familiar with that event.

Spectacular Member

This is IMO one of the best tie ins so far. The Red Skull is an intriguing character with some mystery behind him. It's not a title I thought I'd be into that much, but it's been a pleasant surprise. I'm curious if it will have an impact on the main story.

Was a bit shocked the whole team expect Magneto were killed off!

I don't think Magneto can breach the Shield. There are at least 2 zombie Magnetos that have tried to breach the Shield. One in Siege seen in one of Abigail Brand's flashbacks. The other in Age of Ultron vs Marvel Zombies forming an alliance with Ultron. They are different because they have different injuries. Thanos from 616 will breach the Shield. Red Skull and Ultron can take advantage of it.