Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    Absolutely, the movie has definitely hurt the reputation of the Fantastic Four.

Old fans may not care much about the movies, but good luck selling a comic when it relies on the influx of new fans to keep it afloat. Marvel has some serious damage control to do I think.
    I doubt they're going to try any damage control unless they get some share of the film rights back. We've had this discussion elsewhere, but I'll repeat: Disney/Perlmutter's not going to let Marvel Comics cross-promote a competitor's brand unless they're getting a sufficient share of the revenues from that brand. The comics revenue aren't enough to do that compared to the potential revenues from a film.

iMan 42s

Despite it not being a Marvel film, the average viewer doesn't know that. Critical reception was abysmal and if said average viewer walked past the comic stands then that runs the risk of them not picking up the book or the trade or even an action figure due to how much they didn't like the movie and wouldn't support it in any shape or form, even if the supporting products came from Marvel itself. The recent film absolutely hurt the brand. It's box office poison now and because of such an awful failure like this you've now got people writing off super hero movies again.

People are writing off an entire genre of movies because Antman didn't make GOTG level cash and FF2015 was worse than eye cancer.

Regardless of comics (I assure you they will be back) Fox has done damage to the superhero films and Marvel brand as a whole. Marvel has lost members of its audience.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I doubt they're going to try any damage control unless they get some share of the film rights back. We've had this discussion elsewhere, but I'll repeat: Disney/Perlmutter's not going to let Marvel Comics cross-promote a competitor's brand unless they're getting a sufficient share of the revenues from that brand. The comics revenue aren't enough to do that compared to the potential revenues from a film.
    I doubt that at this point, any form of cross promotion will help that movie tbh. Like you said, the comics revenue doesn't count for much, just as releasing a comic shouldn't count for much promotion either, especially in this case.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Well it's not like it can get anymore cancelled.

But FF is cancelled because no one really bought it or cared about it, and the added thing of Marvel don't have the rights to the movies so why put that much effort into a dead horse. At least with X-Men they're still selling loads.

Incredible Member

The FF comic will be back within two years if not sooner. The FF movie on the other hand....

Boisterously Confused

Leaving aside the fact that the book is cancelled, I don't know if the movie did harm to the comics brand any more than Batman and Robin (among the most hideous superhero films to ever violate the silver screen) did to the Batman comics brand.

the only entity to harm the fantastic four comic is marvel comics, if you consider it harmed at all.

fox has nothing whatsoever to do with the publishing decisions made by marvel comics. if they did have a say, i'm sure they would have taken marvel comics to court by now.

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    Absolutely, the movie has definitely hurt the reputation of the Fantastic Four.

Old fans may not care much about the movies, but good luck selling a comic when it relies on the influx of new fans to keep it afloat. Marvel has some serious damage control to do I think.
    Prince - Your post makes much sense. The film has probably done no damage with old FF fans. However, it probably has dimmed the prospects for new fans, once the comic title returns.

Incredible Member

The only "FF" comic that is hurt is the Ultimate version. Try reviving that.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Talk of that film will NEVER die because of Jordan had to put up with and he's the it young black male right now-so Marvel might as well stop being petty and bring that team back.
    hey check out secret wars you might like it

BANNED

I don't see why it would. A current FF story would have a completely different feel and, well, story. Long as Marvel doesn't do an adaptation, they should be in the clear.

FF will return in a while, if not be announced at the end of Secret Wars in some form or another -- since Johnny and Ben are appearing in other titles.

don't count on it. it's been nearly 3 years since they took rogue from the x-men and she doesn't look to be returning anytime soon. i highly doubt we'll ever see johnny and ben starring in an ff comic for a good long while.

BANNED

It won't effect the comic at all.

Good buzz is favorable to a comic. People are still buying X Men comics because they knew the franchise through cartoon and movies despiste the fact their wasn't anything memorable since Morisson except the Messiah stories and Remender's X Force.

some current readers knows the movies don't reflect the comics but there is also a part who believe FF is silly and outdated, newcomers two years from now are just going to link the name Fantastic Four with a 8% rotten score.

Rarely Wrong

I don't know why people always worry about this kind of thing. Or why people think movies influence comics at all. Yes, there is a little tiff between Fox and Marvel right now over it...but in case anybody hasn't noticed, they're in the middle of publishing one of the BIGGEST Fantastic Four/Doom comics ever.

Batman and Robin did not ruin Batman for comics or movies.

X-Men 3 and X-Men Origins: Wolverine did not ruin those characters or comics.

Daredevil did not ruin the character for comics or anything else.

Neither did Ghost Rider.

Neither did the first two Fantastic Four movies.

Spiderman 3 didn't effect anything.

Green Lantern didn't ruin the comic.

And this won't either.

As soon as Marvel receives a good pitch and is ready to pull the trigger, the FF comic will be back. Marvel has the real versions of the characters anyway. Not whatever version was put out on screen last weekend.