Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default was it a good idea to Remove Rogue From The X-Men World And Turn Her Into An Avengers character?

she's gonna be leading the uncanny avengers in october and it seems more and more likely that marvel's not really gonna consider bringing into the x-men books anymore

so i gotta ask was it a good idea to make such a move with rogue?

NO, she was fine at the X-books; but apparently she is getting some respect in the new Uncanny Avengers book at least.

To be fair, she started as an Avengers character, a villain to be precise. I haven't enjoyed her in the X-books for many moons, but I can't say I've followed her to the Avengers books either, so I'm not sure how she is faring over there.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Don't understand why she can't be shared. Wolverine' was in both franchises. Why is it either/or

Eh, it was very random that of all the X-Men Rogue was the one to become an Avenger. I do heavily associate her as one of the trademark X-Men and she is also my favorite X-Man. However, it is cool seeing her teamed up with characters she hasn't worked with before (Wanda, Cap, Pietro, Spidey, ext.) and at least she is getting back to her leadership roots and is out of the hands of Remender.

Not to mention, she at least is headlining an ongoing team book. I can't say the same for my other favs like Emma and Rachel.

BANNED

Why not, she died in X-Men Legacy anyway.

Spectacular Member

Honestly I know some people here hate the fact that Rogue is an avenger but really with the way the x-books have been she would just end up as wallpaper if she was here. She isn't Scott, Storm, Magik or the young time traveled original X-men, you know the ones getting all the attention. They wouldn't suddenly give rogue the lead and or the spotlight instead of the ones they were showcasing. So let her be an Avenger and a leader of a team there at least she will not be wallpaper like a lot of the other characters are now.

I haven't been enjoying reading Rogue since Carey's X-men. Legacy Rogue (also written by Carey and others) was a bore to me and I don't buy Rogue as den mothe;, pretty much the same way many of her fans don't like Remender's plot for Rogue.

Duggan seems to have great ideas for Rogue. I'm looking forward for her in ANAD Uncanny Avengers.

She can be an Avenger if she likes, just wish she would visit more.

I don't think having her join The Avengers was bad per se, even if Remender's characterization and use of her maybe left a lot to be desired, but pretty much cutting her off from the X-Men? That's a bigger issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    Don't understand why she can't be shared. Wolverine' was in both franchises. Why is it either/or
    This. I don't understand why she is not allowed to show up in X-Men. Deadpool, Cap and Spidey are in multiple books, but Rogue can't be?

Also, I don't think the intro of her as an Avenger has been handled well. I hope volumn 3 does a better job. This time the AvX stuff is gone. So hopefully that will mean better stories.

I think the main issue with her not appearing in the X-Books is the lack of reason for it. She was in Adjectiveless while on Uncanny A and it was fine, but then she just wasn't. Now behind the scenes was because she died so they needed to keep the tension for those three people who thought she was going to stay dead but they never bothered to put some in panel reason for her to stay away.

The best we got was Rachel's throw away line about "hoping to get Rogue back", implying that she did leave the team.

The reason why she's not in X-books during the vol.1 UA was because there were spesific plots in UA that'd hard to explain if she was in other books (dying and resurrected).
    But now, I don't think that's the case anymore. It's probably to give rooms to other characters in the X-books and she's not on the level of Cap, Deadpool and Spidey in terms of selling point. On the other hand, Scott, Emma and Rachel fans are still figuring out which book their fav characters will be featured.

Rogue will always be an X-men. Her status in UA is practically as an X-Men (and mutant) representative. I'm sure Rogue will make some cameos here and there, just not one of the main players in the X-books.

I'm actually pretty interested on her role as the leader on UA, considering Steve will also be on the team.

Yes it was a good move. As people have stated they heavily associate Rogue with the X-franchise. That gives her voice MUCH more weight when she, as a mutant, is working on a team of non-mutants dealing with mutant and non-mutant situations as opposed to being a mutant dealing with mutant affairs with other mutants.
    Last edited by JamJams; 08-12-2015 at 12:30 AM.

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

It might have been a good move, if her story in Uncanny Avengers had been better, and if she hadn't been inexplicably pulled off an X-book mid story to be an Avengers exclusive character.

As it is, she hasn't really built up any significant, believable relationships amongst the Avengers. (I can't really count her "friendship" with the scarlet witch, because Remender did a much better job of convincing me they loathed each other, than he did with making them like each other.) she had a few fun moments with Thor and Sunfire, and just one boss showing, but otherwise Uncanny Avengers was a bust for me.
    "Self has no time for this."