Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewfan View Post

Kon is the only Superboy that matters.
    Well, Kal was Superboy for about forty years, and Kon hasn't been Kon at least five years.

I'd like to see someone like Peter David get a hold of him, too.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    I would trust whomever DC picked out to write and draw the series.
    lol you say that now.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I would like Ale Garza to draw the book.
    oh my

Quote Originally Posted by kivatt View Post
    Also DC should be investing in a Supergirl comic book since the show is going to premier in about a month if I am not mistaken, and a #1 starting the same month would really be smart. It is especially good for drawing in whatever % of people that will read the comic due to the show.
    Ideally, that would be the case. But DC seems to not really care about having a high quality, appealing comic in place for fans of characters who star in their own TV shows. Have you seen how terrible and lackluster the Flash's comic has been, even though the Flash TV show has been a hit?
    Last edited by Uncanny Mutie; 08-13-2015 at 06:26 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I would like for Sterling Gates and Joe Kelly to get another crack at Supergirl.
    Joe Kelly? Are you kidding? He's a good writer but his understanding of Supergirl when he wrote her book was completely wrong. Kelly would be rejected by most Supergirl fans who remember his last run.

The next Supergirl writer should be a woman. I think Perkins should come back, because her run was so promising it deserved better than being cut short for whatever reason they decided to end it. Supergirl needed a young female voice, and she provided one. A very good one, indeed.

You can read an interview with her about her run here: http://thecreatorsproject.vice.com/b...e=tcptwitterus
    Last edited by confusiongrows; 08-13-2015 at 05:16 AM.

Astonishing Member

I'd like Supergirl to be taken over by Genevieve Valentine, with art by Vanessa Del Ray, Bengal, and Jordie Bellaire. I'd like it to be a bright, science fiction adventure book.

I'd like Superboy to be written by Alex Paknadel, with art by David LaFuente and Rico Renzi. I'd like it to be a moody meditation on the meaning of personhood and one's place in society, with lots of cyberpunk sci-fi elements.

Id like to see the Finch's tackle Supergirl. They are doing a great job with Wonder Woman and I think they really know how to write and draw strong female characters.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    Id like to see the Finch's tackle Supergirl. They are doing a great job with Wonder Woman and I think they really know how to write and draw strong female characters.
    Ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssthap

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    I'd like Supergirl to be taken over by Genevieve Valentine, with art by Vanessa Del Ray, Bengal, and Jordie Bellaire. I'd like it to be a bright, science fiction adventure book.

I'd like Superboy to be written by Alex Paknadel, with art by David LaFuente and Rico Renzi. I'd like it to be a moody meditation on the meaning of personhood and one's place in society, with lots of cyberpunk sci-fi elements.
    I feel you on written on Supergirl written by a woman. I would love to see that take on it. I don't know about Valentine, she is a good writer, but I don't know if she would write Supergirl to be light hearted. I would like to see that take from her, like with Batgirl. What about Becky Cloonan
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    Ideally, that would be the case. But DC seems to not really care about having a high quality, appealing comic in place for fans of characters who star in their own TV shows. Have you seen how terrible and lackluster the Flash's comic has been, even though the Flash TV show has been a hit?
    I pick the book up, I know how lack luster it is. I don't know why. It hurts my soul

If she weren't Marvel exclusive, I'd like to see G. Willow Wilson take a shot at Supergirl or ideally have the original creative team from the last run back to continue where they left off before the series just ended .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If she weren't Marvel exclusive, I'd like to see G. Willow Wilson take a shot at Supergirl or ideally have the original creative team from the last run back to continue where they left off before the series just ended .
    OH MY GOD YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW. G. Willow Wilson is giving me life with Ms. Marvel right now, one of my top 5 books out right now. If she wrote Supergirl, it would just be next level

Fantastic Member

I really like Catwoman, I think Valentine would be great for Supergirl if they took it in a YA sci-fi direction, like the Johnson/Green/Asrar and Perkins/Johnson/Lupacchino arcs of the NEw52 book. I'm in little doubt Wilson would be really good on this too, shame DC didn't give her more work when she was working for them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    hahahaha good one, this way I could get rid of both finch on wonder woman

Quote Originally Posted by confusiongrows View Post
    I really like Catwoman, I think Valentine would be great for Supergirl if they took it in a YA sci-fi direction, like the Johnson/Green/Asrar and Perkins/Johnson/Lupacchino arcs of the NEw52 book. I'm in little doubt Wilson would be really good on this too, shame DC didn't give her more work when she was working for them.
    I was a big fan of the Johnson/Green/Asrar team but doubt they bring them back. I see them starting totally fresh once the show hit the air.

Solo series aside, could DC at least let Supergirl have some kind of role in the Superman books? It is ridiculous the way they've ignored the character since her solo book was cancelled.

BANNED

Kesel and grummett would be amazing to be back on Superboy again.they actually created a great fun book where kon actually was a real character not just a emo bland kid or a character only around to advance the story,not to actually have any real growth in character.

Supergirl will get her own book that's obvious,and hopefully DC is smart enough to make it as close as they can get it the TV show version,which won't be easy with so many liberties they took on the show.

I woukdnt mind a super family book,that would give us somewhere to see all the SUPER folks together,which is lacking so bad it's criminal.plus characters that need to find theirselves before getting their own book could get in a good position and setup there first,same for those who can't hold down their own book.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Supergirl: Kate Perkins (as long as she does't turn bi/les other female characters ) and Cat Staggs, I love her Supergirl redesign.

Superboy: AAron Kuder and Kenneth Rocafort.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Supergirl: Kate Perkins (as long as she does't turn bi/les other female characters ) and Cat Staggs, I love her Supergirl redesign.

Superboy: AAron Kuder and Kenneth Rocafort.
    I wouldn't mind if she turned lesbian Kara, the rest can be straight. there is few good gals that are bi/lesbian on DC