Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Not surprised that Doom would find a way to point the finger at the rafters. While Strange's intentions were good, he may have done more harm by scattering them. Especially since some of them are in the most hostile areas of Battleworld. Then again, it's better to take their chances than with Doom's wrath. So far, Jane is hiding in plain sight among the Thors. While Namor & T'Challa are stuck with each other, not to mention that Thanos is stuck in the Shield.
    Last edited by Scorponok; 08-12-2015 at 10:09 AM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Jane Foster Thor should be making an appearance soon.
    She's in this issue! It was one of my favorite moments. She's at the ceremony for Strange and is all lol wut ("What the Hel is going on here?") and young Thor is all tell ya later ("Shh. We'll speak later.").

I don't see how this could have been issue four and last one five either. I started off really liking this event but now I am kinda over it. Burnt out with all the minis and ready for all new Marvel which who knows when that will start

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    I don't see how this could have been issue four and last one five either. I started off really liking this event but now I am kinda over it. Burnt out with all the minis and ready for all new Marvel which who knows when that will start
    For me, it's not the event that I'm disliking but the delays. The minis have at least been entertaining but thanks to the delays there have been patches each month where I'm literally getting no books from my pull list and momentum in the main story is just dead in the water.

Amazing Member

I would love to go back to the threads for past issues and find out how many people complaining about the pacing changing have in fact always said that they hate the pacing that they now miss but sadly there is not enough time in the world.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I swear this issue, while extremely lackluster, would've been at least bearable if it wasn't for the delays with the event. Not only does this issue completely kill the momentum of the last from both the gap of time between them and the fact that it basically just repeated most of what we saw in the last issue of New Avengers it barely advanced the plot. It really just feels like a wasted purchase.
    Are the delays so bad that they are worse than the ones in Civil War? Or the Ultimates?

Issue #4 came out July 1st and this is just August 12th. There's a lot of comics that ship monthly that have a 5 or 6 week gap but it still occurs in the same calendar month i.e. an issue for the month of July, August, September, etc.

Sheesh. You obviously weren't around when titles like Super-Villain Team-Up, Astonishing Tales, etc. shipped every other month due to Marvel's distrubtion deal with National periodicals

happy to see molecule man still around. is he the prime version then?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Are the delays so bad that they are worse than the ones in Civil War? Or the Ultimates?

Issue #4 came out July 1st and this is just August 12th. There's a lot of comics that ship monthly that have a 5 or 6 week gap but it still occurs in the same calendar month i.e. an issue for the month of July, August, September, etc.

Sheesh. You obviously weren't around when titles like Super-Villain Team-Up, Astonishing Tales, etc. shipped every other month due to Marvel's distrubtion deal with National periodicals
    Whew, those Civil War and Ultimate delays... Especially Ultimates 2.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

Yes this is not the first book delayed but all of Marvel's line depends on this book. We can not move on to All New Marvel until this is done. Plus the reason they have given us appears to be untrue. They said this issue was originally four and last was five but that cannot be the case otherwise this issue would make zero sense

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    And the purpose of this issue is to explain everything- The Beyonders tried to kill the multiverse, Doom and Strange stopped them using the Molecule Men as bombs, took their power and used them to create Battleworld.
    I don't know why you'd expect someone who was confused by the first two issues to stick around for the fifth, particularly where the book is now delay-prone.

Quote Originally Posted by ian0delond View Post
    Felt to me like the most important issue since the beginning. Not sure why some people are thinking nothing happened. Not enough punching ?
    I'm with you here. I thought the issue was fine. Especially liked the dialogue between Reese and Doom.

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    I'm with you here. I thought the issue was fine. Especially liked the dialogue between Reese and Doom.
    Ditto. I think the lack of action is annoying many.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

It's not the lack of action. It's that all we learned were about the MM weapon which does make sense with why the black swans would revolt. But the conversation made zero sense because though the new audience needed the information MM and Doom wouldn't have that conversation because they both lived it. It would be like a couple discussing the details of last night's dinner they both had together. It was unnatural and took me out of the story. There had to be someone else Doom could have given the information too or something. Plus the MM weapon doesn't fit the time weapon described in NA 33. Plus I don't see how this could originally have been issue four

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    happy to see molecule man still around. is he the prime version then?
    It is 616 Owen Reece aka 616 Molecule Man for sure!!!

Spectacular Member jdmorris1124's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    Yes this is not the first book delayed but all of Marvel's line depends on this book. We can not move on to All New Marvel until this is done. Plus the reason they have given us appears to be untrue. They said this issue was originally four and last was five but that cannot be the case otherwise this issue would make zero sense
    Not necessarily. The premise of this issue could have been issue 4 but when it was decided to make the 'explanation book' issue 5 it was most likely reworked to include the events of what ended up being issue 4.