Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    If they were going to give us the awkward Doom and MM scene the least they could have explained is why MM is "chained" in the basement
    I'm trying to figure out why he's acting like Galactus.
    aka(s). o-bunⓐi-o // ⓓcembⓘrth

Sorry for any misspellings or grammar mistakes

Last edited by Crazed T'Challa x Emma x Namor shipper; Yesterday at 00:00 UM.

The man is crazy.

Fantastic Member

I enjoyed the issue.

Notice that it answered one mystery - we knew the Black Swam had seen something in Doom's inner chamber that made her betray him. We never knew what - some people assumed it was just the time machine we were shown.

This issue actually answers what it was: while the Swam's religion was built around killing the Molecule Men, Doom had actually been capturing and altering them right inside his inner chamber. Seeing a collection of their enemy within her god's inner room is what made the Black Swam betray Doom.

It also explains how Doom killed the Beyonders - in a very Doom-ish move, he used their own bomb against them.

I liked the issue. I have the feeling we will see the conclusion to many of those storylines in tie-ins, and that many tie-ins will be disrupted by people from the rafts suddenly appearing out of nowhere (see Thanos in the Shield for an example of both), but the main event itself continues to be interesting.

(Oh, and I loved the S.H.I.E.L.D. cameos. I wish the final issues were released already, though, and that Marvel would follow it up with a collected hardcover.)
    Last edited by Teste; 08-12-2015 at 05:59 PM.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Well, we know Star-Lord in that Star-Lord/Kitty Pryde book.

I agree the MM weapon made the most sense for the Swan revolution but in NA he told strange the weapon was based on the beyounders being linear and not able to time travel and that doesn't fit with the MM bomb so it seems like a plot hole

I agree the MM weapon made the most sense for the Swan revolution but in NA he told strange the weapon was based on the beyounders being linear and not able to time travel and that doesn't fit with the MM bomb so it seems like a plot hole
    Wasn't he time traveling to either gank or yank the MMs?

Quote Originally Posted by shgs View Post
    Strange and his power are the 'absence of Doom' because, unlike everything else on Battleworld, he wasn't made by Doom. I don't think it's a yin/yang balance thing. I'm not sure if MM is unknown to Valeria because he is simply hidden, or because he was made by the Beyonders and thus is made of the same stuff as Battleworld which Doom created with the Beyonders' power.
    That makes sense. Interesting perspective.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by resipsaloquitur View Post
    I don't know why you'd expect someone who was confused by the first two issues to stick around for the fifth, particularly where the book is now delay-prone.
    Confusing isn't bad necessarily. Although in the age of instant gratification, people tend to assume that something that doesn't seem to make sense at first equals something bad, but it's certainly not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Confusing isn't bad necessarily. Although in the age of instant gratification, people tend to assume that something that doesn't seem to make sense at first equals something bad, but it's certainly not the case.
    I don't think this was a matter of instant gratification. This was a matter of him reading the first two issues and really not knowing what the hell was going on. Not everybody read "Time Runs Out."

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teste View Post
    I liked the issue. I have the feeling we will see the conclusion to many of those storylines in tie-ins, and that many tie-ins will be disrupted by people from the rafts suddenly appearing out of nowhere (see Thanos in the Shield for an example of both), but the main event itself continues to be interesting.
    It'd be hilarious if every single story abruptly took a left turn due to a massive zombie/ultron/annihilation wave invasion, courtesy of Thanos.

I'd have to revisit the New Avengers issue, but couldn't this just mean that the Beyonders, being linear, couldn't now stop Doom from assembling the bomb?

If there is still a Molecule Man alive, he will still cause the death of an Earth in 25 years, so he could be a potential threat unless you kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    Secret Wars is telling us to expect more action than there is, this was more like Secret Conversations.
    DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunai View Post
    Read a fanfic about this yesterday... which involved a Strange leading T'Challa and Namor to some off world during the incursion and disappearing. Maybe the writer subconsciously predicted the future!!?
    It's not beyond strange to conjure up a love potion between them

It's not the lack of action i'm disappointed in, it's the lack of spotlight on OTHER characters too.
    Doom's taking up 80% of it in the main book. It's not so bad if it was a Doctor Doom: Secret Wars book..which is'nt the case here
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

What took me out of the story was Doom and MM having a conversation about things both already knew about. It was like ridiculous though the purpose was to inform the audience but Hickman should have found a way to give us the information in a way that wasn't from a conversation two people would never have because they were both repeating what they lived through together. It took me out of the story. For those of us who read NA 33 all we learned was that the weapon was an MM bomb which makes since why the Swans would turn against Doom but not from what was said in NA because there the weapon was referred to as a time bomb because the beyonders were not 4D. So plot hole from NA
    LCD had his shipment delayed so I can't get this till tomorrow.

But isn't it possible Doom and MM haven't spoken for 8 years, and now that Strange is dead, it unbalances the stability of Battleworld? That would explain why the conversation, wouldn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Scorponok View Post
    Not surprised that Doom would find a way to point the finger at the rafters. While Strange's intentions were good, he may have done more harm by scattering them. Especially since some of them are in the most hostile areas of Battleworld. Then again, it's better to take their chances than with Doom's wrath. So far, Jane is hiding in plain sight among the Thors. While Namor & T'Challa are stuck with each other, not to mention that Thanos is stuck in the Shield.
    We'll never see what happens to Namor or Black Panther because there's no book set in Egyptia.