Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Fantastic Member

Definitely interested in DKIII, as I really enjoy DKSA and think it was well ahead of its time.

But I've loathed Miller on other titles, so it really depends on how much influence Azzarello has and which Miller steps up to bat.

DKSA is definitely more kindly spoken of here now than it was at the time. DKSA pretty much got me back into comics, and I joined this forum shortly after reading it, so the chats are fresh in my mind. I remember all the serious/respected posters seemed pretty much united in being repulsed by it, while only troublemaker types and those who weren't big Batman fans were sticking up for it. I remember seeing about 1 post in 20 being positive about it.

Amazing Member

I've been looking forward to DK3 but the format and price is putting me off big time. 12.99 for a 48 page book if you want the 16 page portion at full size instead of as a mini-comic

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by prismablue View Post
    I've been looking forward to DK3 but the format and price is putting me off big time. 12.99 for a 48 page book if you want the 16 page portion at full size instead of as a mini-comic
    In the the long run I'm concerned with the mini book causing some creasing in the larger book during storage. I'm going to opt for the Collector's Edition and get the slip case for them at the end.

So is Scott Snyder not co-writing this anymore with Miller? I think last year that was originally what I had heard, but I don't see Snyder's name in the solicit at all.....here is the story from last year....

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/12/...dark-knight-3/

Here is the solicit.....

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/08/...e-master-race/

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I think Scott just helped with ideas and maybe Azz did more the co-writing work:
    http://www.monkeysfightingrobots.com...dark-knight-3/
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mdotluci View Post
    In the the long run I'm concerned with the mini book causing some creasing in the larger book during storage. I'm going to opt for the Collector's Edition and get the slip case for them at the end.
    me too, although at 12.99 and issue I'll wait for the hardcover collection.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I think Scott just helped with ideas and maybe Azz did more the co-writing work:
    http://www.monkeysfightingrobots.com...dark-knight-3/
    Cool thanks, just curious.

I'm definitely interested in DK III and Europa. I will wait for the hardcover of DK III though.

I hope Janson inks Kubert in a way similar to Delperdang did during Batman And Son and Black Casebook arcs. The black and white teaser image isnt much to go upon, but i have to say, i trust Andy Kubert. I love his art from Morrison's run, and its safe to say by looking at more recent stuff that hes grown even better since then.

Spectacular Member

Since "dark knight strikes again" has generally been reviewed as awful by most fans and critics alike.. will "the master race" be a new direct sequel to the original "dark knight returns"? Or will they still keep the events of "strikes again" as canon? Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Octagon View Post
    Since "dark knight strikes again" has generally been reviewed as awful by most fans and critics alike.. will "the master race" be a new direct sequel to the original "dark knight returns"? Or will they still keep the events of "strikes again" as canon? Anyone?
    There's a lot of critical love for DKSA, but sadly among the fans it seems it's generally (generally) booed by a certain type of crowd who can't accept that it's not a straight up stylistic continuation of DKR or how handled Dick Grayson, or that it has "ugly art" or that it "isn't a Batman story" or some other such thing. I hate to be that sneering elitist but to be frank (ha) I think it just goes over a lot of people's heads when on a surface impression they've already written it off as not for them, which is just something that happens in books/movies/anything all the time (to a lot of people, not all). They've already stated in promo material that DKIII will be the conclusion of a trilogy, which is great (not sure where that leaves All Star though).

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Octagon View Post
    If this is DK3 then Strikes Again would have to be DK2. So it's still canon here.