Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Did anyone demand Dark Knight 3?
    I hope DKR3 doesn't reference DKSA, I like to imagine that Year one is the first part of the trilogy, DKR is the second one, and this concludes the trilogy.
    Last edited by greenish lantern; 08-12-2015 at 12:54 PM.

Only DC for money probably

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by greenish lantern View Post
    I hope DKR3 doesn't reference DKSA, I like to imagine that Year one is the first part of the trilogy, DKR is the second one, and this concludes the trilogy.
    Lol, I was wondering that, especially when I read "The epic ending you never saw coming is here because you demanded it!"

I love all Miller Batman - actually all Miller period. So:

Year One
    ASBAR
    DKR
    DKSA
    DKIII

The only thing is, I will have to deal with the fact that DKIII is likely the final Millerverse story. Very sad.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post

I remember that cover from way back, it's was drawn before the New 52.
    Which raises the question: so, what about the interior art now? New 52 costume or not?
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I like to imagine Year One as a stand alone story myself and DKR is just another Elseworlds.

What we do is secret Oskar Von Strange's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Which raises the question: so, what about the interior art now? New 52 costume or not?
    I hope not. If its outside New52, then I might give this a go.
    Currently reading:Creepy, Eerie, The Goddamned, The Goon, Haunted Horror, Hellboy, King Conan, Last Gang in Town, Sherrif of Babylon, Stray Bullets, Usagi Yojimbo, Weird Love

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    I love all Miller Batman - actually all Miller period. So:

Year One
    ASBAR
    DKR
    DKSA
    DKIII

The only thing is, I will have to deal with the fact that DKIII is likely the final Millerverse story. Very sad.
    You forgot Holy Terror and Batman/Spawn! :b

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    Never thought I would see the day on Europa. So I guess Lee just has All Star to finish now
    He also needs to finish the Wildcats series he was doing with Grant Morrison. Only one issue was published.

The solicitation makes me suspect that this will very much be a sequel to DKSA:

"The epic ending you never saw coming is here because you demanded it! The Dark Knight rises again to face the dawn of the master race!"
    I get the feeling that this is going to be about Batman, Carrie Kelly, and their army going to war with Superman, Wonder Woman, and their children -- "The Master Race." I can't really say I was demanding that or anything else from Miller's Batman. I preferred the earlier rumored story about Carrie coming to the end of her tenure as Batwoman and looking for a successor. Ah well, I've ranted enough about this in another thread. I can't say much more without reading the thing, which I admittedly will be doing out of morbid curiosity.

Surprising to see plans for Europa to come out. Let's hope it's worth the wait, yeah? Lee should finish those issues of ASBAR and they can toss it in the DK3 collector's edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    He also needs to finish the Wildcats series he was doing with Grant Morrison. Only one issue was published.
    Least with that though they didn't release an absolute edition of an unfinished story. That blew my mind. I assumed due to that and Europa that Millar and Azz probably hated Lee for not finishing their scripts and during unchained Snyder was probably scared as hell. I love his art but don't trust he will ever finish.

Europa! Going to pre-order that when I go to my LCS this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by mdotluci View Post
    I like the slip case idea for the Dark Knight.
    Me too. That's an interesting way to collect everything. I wonder if the case will be tall and wide enough to be able to bag and board all the issues, or if they'll have to be in the slipcase just by themselves. Either way, it's very cool.
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"

When is the All star batman and robin sequel coming out?
    I can only assume its jim lee holding it up at this point

Amazing Member

not sure on the 12.99 price for the collectors but i suppose its not too bad, slight longer thna a normal comic with extra story

but will we collect all these and then a hardcover version come with all 8.... likely

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Outside the trunks there's not really much of a difference in my opinion, and for all new comics (new52 or not) I'd rather ditch the underwear on the outside look, but I wouldn't throw a fit if they have the trunks either.