Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Also, a lot of people forget, but Kwannon and Betsy weren't just body swapped. Thanks to Spiral and Mojo, each were genetically spliced with some of the others DNA. So the white body and asian body were no longer 100% "pure," for lack of a better term, no matter whom was inhabiting them. I don't know why Nicezia felt the need to add that little wrinkle into an already overly complicated matter that he himself created.
    Yeah.. People tend to forget that her body isn't exactly 'asian'. Not too mentioned she's also part Otherworld.

I think after the retcon and all, the chronology is:

1. Human/Otherworld/Mutant-white -> Until the Siege Perilous. I'll call it Original
    2. Human/Otherworld/Mutant-Mixed Asian/White -> After body swap/splice. This body becomes her Default form.
    3. She Dies
    4. Default+ some enhancement -> After being resurrected by Jamie
    5. Temporary back to Original-mixed body (Revanche's) - After being plucked out of her Default+ body - by Red Queen
    6. Back to her Default+ body -> After the fight with Dazzler
    7. Still in her Default+ body -> Even after being offered by Jamie to to back to her Original body. She's tired of being manipulated
    8. Still in her Default+ body -> Even after being offered by Cassandra to surrender to her Mummundrai's (presumably her in Original body).

The body/race issue has been addressed so many times before. She even stated she'll not tolerate any tempering/manipulating to her body. It's just enough.
    Last edited by MetalPsyc; 08-14-2015 at 10:36 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    To be honest I'm more concerned with them turning Psylocke into a killing addicted 'junkie' than any kind of racial stereotype. She always came across as one of the strongest X Women, a warrior who could hold her own against Wolverine yet also a powerful psychic.

Why are they so intent on turning so many X Men into murderous nutjobs? Psylocke, Colossus, Rogue and even Kurt I suspect, won't be immune to this.
    I really like that they have been doing this. I often wonder how fucked up I would be if I had gone through all they go through.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    As an Asian myself, well half I guess, she is pretty offensive but I try not to make too much noise as she had many fans and I like her character personality.

Though what I hate is when many non-readers assume she's actually asian.

That AoA movie isn't helping as many movie watchers assume she's Asian and it gets on my nerves.
    I am also half Asian. Do you feel any identity crisis?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    Hmmm, that's not what the person I quoted said:

"UXM #256 is not the introduction of Kwannon or the body swap. It is however, when Betsy's body was converted into an Asian one. The actual body swap occurred later in Nicieza's run of X-Men (vol.2) starting with issue seventeen."
    Yea,h all was cosmetic previously. This thought that she loves being Asian by Marvelguy is hilarious. She loves what the body can do. It's liek eh thinks she hated herself for being white before or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Ehh, no. SHe hated what spiral did and that image where she's stabbing her original body is Stopping Cassandra nova from dooming mutant kind.
    Exactly....

BANNED

She was white. A lot of people are under the misconception that Betsy came out of the Siege Perilous as Asian, but that's not true. The Siege Perilous, in its own twisted way, gave all the X-Men who went into it what they wanted. Betsy finally got to be a warrior through a lot of warped circumstances.
    Basically a lot of what has happened in her life, HASN'T been up to her choices.
    People also forget that the only reason the asian thing was offered, was because the X-men had gotten the Mandarin as their acts of Vengeance villain. if they had gotten a Spiderman or Quasar foe, she'd still be a white woman, Probably having been given the role Emma Frost or Sage Occupied.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Basically a lot of what has happened in her life, HASN'T been up to her choices.
    But it was no mere accident that she was washed ashore in Japan after she went through the portal.
    People also forget that the only reason the asian thing was offered, was because the X-men had gotten the Mandarin as their acts of Vengeance villain. if they had gotten a Spiderman or Quasar foe, she'd still be a white woman, Probably having been given the role Emma Frost or Sage Occupied.
    Maybe.But like I said,the most possible scenario is that she would have ended up back in Britain propping her brother,had it not been for the "ninjafication".Dazzler and Longshot never became full-time X-Men after the team disbanded and re-united,who's to say the same wouldn't happen to Psylocke with telepaths like Jean,Rachel and Xavier during the 90's?

BANNED

She was white. A lot of people are that Betsy came out of the Siege Perilous as Asian, but that's not true. The Siege Perilous, in its own twisted way, gave all the X-Men who went into it what they wanted. Betsy finally got to be a warrior through a lot of warped circumstances.
    A "LOT" of posters are under that misconception...

BANNED

The Seige Perilous was the outback x-men's choice, what happened from there wasn't.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    The Seige Perilous was the outback x-men's choice, what happened from there wasn't.
    Nor were the lives the X-Men (and friends) ended up living or their geographical location(s) for that matter -- Betsy was still clearly a white British woman when she landed in Japan.

Now, that I think about it Betsy ending up in the South China Sea after her trip through the Seige Perilous seemed to be a purely random act.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 08-14-2015 at 02:52 PM.

Earth's Mightiest Hero RafDanvers's Avatar

Yes! The Seige Perilous gave her the confidence and made her a true warrior. Also, when she became an asian ninja telepath, she instantly got her own way to manifest her powers, very distinct from the other telepaths. Thanks to the body change, she became one great icon of the 90s. Popular and famous today. She would've ended up as Captain Britain's shadow if things happened differently.
    Last edited by RafDanvers; 08-14-2015 at 04:02 PM.
    My heroines: Captain Marvel Psylocke

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!

"stabbing her original body is Stopping Cassandra nova from dooming mutant kind." - Thats was the obvious way to interpretate the scene.

It's a metaphor. they wanted again to show people she's in total peace with her body.

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelGuy View Post
    Yes! The Seige Perilous gave her the confidence and made her a true warrior. Also, when she became an asian ninja telepath, she instantly got her own way to manifest her powers, very distinct from the other telepaths. Thanks to the body change, she became one great icon of the 90s. Popular and famous today. She would've ended up as Captain Britain's shadow if things happened differently.
    Umm... Before, Sabertooth gutted her like a trout -- leading to her (albeit life saving) drama with the "Crimson Dawn" -- British "white" Betsy still manifested the purple butterfly effect when she used her telepathy -- so, in what way did Betsy use her powers any differently?

"stabbing her original body is Stopping Cassandra nova from dooming mutant kind." - Thats was the obvious way to interpretate the scene. It's a metaphor. they wanted again to show people she's in total peace with her body.
    Your right... Betsy, "obviously" didn't want to risk losing possession of a body which was not rightfully her's -- thus, she had no problem's with murdering her physically inept, genetic body so she wouldn't have to switch back... Cassie Nova just provided her with an plausible excuse.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 08-14-2015 at 05:04 PM.

She was the only one to take down Shadow King (more than once). Also, she does manifest her TP in an unique way. She can use it more offensivelly, she has her psychic kife AND TK katana. Also she can read minds, control minds like normal TP.
    "White" Betsy was slaughtered by Mojo and had implanted bionic eyes. But thats not the case now. While asian Betsy fought Sabretooth AOA and the results were NOT the same. She also took down Slaymaster, Spiral, Archangel and Cassandra Nova, to name a few.

She is better this way. Thanks God Marvel thinks this way too.
    Last edited by RafDanvers; 08-14-2015 at 05:14 PM.

BANNED

She was the only one to take down Shadow King (more than once). Also, she does manifest her TP in an unique way. She can use it more offensivelly, she has her psychic kife AND TK katana. Also she can read minds, control minds like normal TP.
    "White" Betsy was slaughtered by Mojo and had implanted bionic eyes. But thats not the case now. While asian Betsy fought Sabretooth AOA and the results were NOT the same. She also took down Slaymaster, Spiral, Archangel and Cassandra Nova, to name a few.

She is better this way. Thanks God Marvel thinks this way too.
    You might want to brush-up on when and under which circumstances Betsy gained/manifested certain particular psi effects(s)...

Ive got my point of view. You've got yours. This wont take us to nowhere. Good Night
    Last edited by RafDanvers; 08-14-2015 at 05:53 PM.

BANNED

Like I said, all this would have been no problem if Claremont had just showed his diversity and just made her the half asian half british mutant daughter of Sir James Braddock. Simple Marvel- stop with the convoluted stories. It doesnt make you look smart its just stupid. But right now its too late to backtrack and fix all this