Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Velvet #11

Velvet's hunt has led her into a dark web of lies and murder, and as the secrets come to light, they all point to one place-Washington DC, to the very halls of world power. Can Velvet find "The Man Who Stole The World" or will she die trying?

Full preview here.

The type is reminiscent of the Martha Washington books by Miller & Gibbons

I love this book sooooo much!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

So glad this issue finally came out! Another fantastic one, and I just can't get over how absolutely gorgeous Breittweiser's colors are in this book.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Quote Originally Posted by quinnzel View Post
    So glad this issue finally came out! Another fantastic one, and I just can't get over how absolutely gorgeous Breittweiser's colors are in this book.
    It really is a great looking book! I just hope this thing starts coming out monthly.

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    It really is a great looking book! I just hope this thing starts coming out monthly.
    Oh, definitely. I had been reading this series in trades, so when I got caught up with the second trade I was really excited I could start buying it in single issues, but there was such a huge delay between the second trade's release and this issue. Hopefully it'll start to get on a more regular schedule now!
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

About the lateness, to be fair, most Image books take relatively long breaks between arcs. This is especially useful in this case though because like The Fade Out, this is a really dense read with a quite complex plot that definitely deserves rereads.

Otherwise though, this was a typically great issue of this book: great characters, compelling plot and beautiful art and colouring. What's not to love?
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    About the lateness, to be fair, most Image books take relatively long breaks between arcs. This is especially useful in this case though because like The Fade Out, this is a really dense read with a quite complex plot that definitely deserves rereads.

Otherwise though, this was a typically great issue of this book: great characters, compelling plot and beautiful art and colouring. What's not to love?
    That's true. And I mean, with a book that consistently puts out this level of quality... I really can't complain if we have to wait a little bit between issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    I'm gonna have to go back and re-read the thing 'cause I can't connect half the names with which character they are...