View Poll Results: Are female mutants more prone to high Alpha levels than males?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, women do it better

13 61.90%
  • No

4 19.05%
  • There are about the same

4 19.05%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Default Are female mutants more prone to high Alpha levels than males?

Are female mutants more prone to high Alpha levels than males? Wouldn’t this make women closer to properly utilizing the X-gene, than their male counter parts? We’re about to go deep into the geek. Not that we don’t on a daily basis. This notion came to me this morning while I was texturing the ceiling of my new house. Don’t ask me how, can’t honestly tell you how. Getting back on topic, this is no more evidence than Iceman having “clues” to being gay. We’re going to be making sense of coincidence and writer habits more than anything else on this thread.

We know the X-gene is carried and passed down through the masculine gender (men). From conception, we all technically start out as female, we develop the “Y” chromosome that makes males, or we don’t, which makes the fetus remain female (having two “X” chromosomes). What I’ve noticed in the X-Men comics over the years are the large numbers of what we consider Alpha level female mutants (I’m sure its more about how they look than anything else. Pretty women sell better than ones with bird faces, but again, we’re making sense of coincidence. Not to mention we all know Chris Claremont loved his X-Women). Yes, there are a large amount of males as well, but I believe there are far more high level Alpha level females than males. With that said, there are many more Omega level males (most likely because these are villains or plot devices and men are more threatening I assume). I think it’s safe to theorize while the male half of the species has more potential to become Omega level, the females outnumber males in terms of being high level Alpha. It’s like comparing 3 Lamborghini’s (Male Omega levels) to a fleet of BMW M5 (female Alphas levels).

Long story turned into a short question: Do females utilize the X-gene better than males?
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Um... No? I doubt there's any difference when it comes to genders utilizing the x-gene.

BTW where did you get the idea that x-gene is passed down through males? Don't tell me the x-films because those aren't canon to comics and if you think about it males being the ones to pass on the x-gene doesn't make sense comics vice.

i think jean grey and storm are the only high alpha level mutant females, so no.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    i think jean grey and storm are the only high alpha level mutant females, so no.
    They're both potentially Omega-level, and I remember Jean being described as such while bonded/merged/possessed with the Phoenix Force, though later stories indicated that she was potentially just as powerful without it, if not more so.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Blame Claremont. He loved his powerful women.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Women were seldom created because the early comics were sausage fests, so when women appeared they were usually big deals or made that way so people take more notice of them than just t & a.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Women were seldom created because the early comics were sausage fests, so when women appeared they were usually big deals or made that way so people take more notice of them than just t & a.
    And it didn't help either that the early comics were created in a time when the women's rights movement was just gaining steam and a lot of (male) editors still had issues taking female characters seriously, not that that's completely stopped being a problem even today.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Most female characters back in the day were useless and prone to getting kidnapped.
    Last edited by nx01a; 08-12-2015 at 04:10 PM.
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Well, there are a lot of Omega-Level female Mutants...

BANNED

There's Jean/Phoenix, the Scarlet Witch, Storm, Rachel, Magik. But for males there's X-Man, Cable, Legion, Franklin Richards, etc. Legion and Franklin Richards have altered whole universes or created whole universes. So no I don't see any proof that female mutants are more powerful than male mutants. It really depends on the individual mutant.

I actually wonder if that distinction will mean anything come EXM.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

You don't even have to go to that level. Look at the power disparity between the male and female mutants on the original New Mutants or on the Blue and Gold teams, for example. Karma, Moonstar, Magik, and Magma [not Wolfsbane so much] would wipe the floor with Cannonball, Sunspot, and Cypher. Rogue, Jean, Storm, Psylocke would destroy Wolverine, Cyclops, Gambit, Bishop, Colossus; Iceman's the only real threat there.

Well, the Summers-Grey tend to be Omega regardless of gender.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

I don't think so, if anything the really powerful ones tend to be male- Legion, Franklin Richards, Nate Grey, etc.

in the 70s and 80s I would've said yes, nowadays, not so much.