Quote Originally Posted by hobo View Post
I don't think it makes much sense for the black swans to be Valerias. As I recall, some of them weren't even human. There's also a scene where he meets his first recruit, and it seems like an encounter with a random runaway. If anything, I got the impression she was a mutant or something.

Re: Valeria at the end of FF: I think that was the opposite of a loose end. Hickman certainly has a long view when it comes to plotting, but his last issues of FF was a lot of deck clearing. He got her out of the fantastic four book and cleared the way for the next writer, by putting her far away and saying "well, she's got something to do now". Look at that 'parliament of doom' arc that ended up being all of one issue. It's v1.0 of Secret Wars. Had he stayed on that book, I think you'd be seeing a different version of this event right now.

As cool as it would be to have an adult Valeria sighting, I'm not sure it'd make for great storytelling to have a character who hasn't been seen in years, suddenly make an appearance and play an important role.

Re: inconsistencies. I agree Doom's "no. No!" reaction is kind of a head-scratcher, but it probably alludes to him seeing most of the remaining universes destroyed. The other confusing part of this whole story was that Great Society arc with Strange coming back with the black priest power, but not really; selling his soul, but not really; then having all this extra power anyway, with no explanation.

Strange tried to sell his soul but couldn't which was explained in the New Avengers Annual. He used a summoning from the Blood Bible to defeat The Great Society before leaving and and some point joining the Black Priests.