View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Apollo IX (one-shot)

0 0%
  • Artemis IX (one-shot)

0 0%
  • The Beauty #1

3 8.33%
  • Descender #6

6 16.67%
  • Drifter #7

2 5.56%
  • Injection #4

1 2.78%
  • Mice Templar V: Night's End #4 (of 5)

0 0%
  • ODY-C #6

1 2.78%
  • Phonogram: The Immaterial Girl #1 (of 6)

5 13.89%
  • Savior #5

0 0%
  • Starve #3

0 0%
  • Skullkickers #100

1 2.78%
  • Velvet #11

11 30.56%
  • The Walking Dead #145

4 11.11%
  • Other - Astronauts In Trouble #3, Dream Police #7, The Fuse #13, Reyn #7, Shutter #14

2 5.56%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Excellent issues of the Fade Out, Velvet and the Fade Out all came out this week but I've got to go for Shutter. After being underwhelmed by the kinda gloomy second arc, I'm loving the current one with the humour in this issue being particularly on point and the art is some of Leila's best yet. Plus, the short comics at the back of the issue were really good as well with the series' regular letterer and colourist providing a visually striking, if super-straightforward short story each. I haven't liked most of the backups in the past but this was terrific stuff and only added to the series really finding its footing again.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

^^^ Yeah, I dropped Shutter during the second arc. It lost the fun cartoonish sense that sucked me in initially and was getting pretty angsty.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    ^^^ Yeah, I dropped Shutter during the second arc. It lost the fun cartoonish sense that sucked me in initially and was getting pretty angsty.
    I definitely see that. But so far this arc has much less of the angst and more of the fun whimsy and humour of the first arc.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    I definitely see that. But so far this arc has much less of the angst and more of the fun whimsy and humour of the first arc.
    I hope so. I faded out of this comic back in April or earlier. This thing was barely holding my attention anymore. Since I'm getting back into reviewing trades, I'll probably jump on checking out Shutter again and seeing how it goes.

Amazing Member

Velvet gets my vote. After how many delays, it was great to finally see where her story goes next. Talk about kicking down the door for her entry into the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    I hope so. I faded out of this comic back in April or earlier. This thing was barely holding my attention anymore. Since I'm getting back into reviewing trades, I'll probably jump on checking out Shutter again and seeing how it goes.
    I bought the first trade and, while I enjoyed it, I thought it was mostly average and I had no reason to return for more.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

Oh man, I just read the newest Nailbiter. Wow-ee. That was probably the best issue of the series. It seemed like their version of a "season finale" and it delivered. I wasn't expecting so much stuff to go down, and there were some real cool revelations.
    And in the end notes, the writer recommended the Scream TV show. But the commercials look terrible. Is it actually worth checking out or did MTV sneak him a bribe in exchange for him name dropping?

Also, Injection was really good this issue. I was about to drop it (because I had no clue what was going on) but now I feel I fully understand the story and am totally sucked in to the tale. I'm glad I didn't give up on this one too soon.
    Last edited by Ragdoll; 08-17-2015 at 11:42 AM.

Descender was the only book I picked up this week, but man, did it deliver. Get's my vote easily. Really loved the payoff after last issues cliffhanger.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    O
    And in the end notes, the writer recommended the Scream TV show. But the commercials look terrible. Is it actually worth checking out or did MTV sneak him a bribe in exchange for him name dropping?
    I really enjoy the Scream TV show. If you liked the movies the show will be right up your alley.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

My Pull this week :

The Beauty #1 ( 3.5/5 )

Descender #6 ( 3.5/5 )

Drifter #7 ( 3/5 ) Beautiful art but the writing/story leaves me cold.

Injection #4 ( 3/5 )

ODY-C #6 ( 3/5 )

Savior #5 ( 3.5/5 )

Velvet #11 ( 3/5 )

Shutter #14 ( 4/5 ) Another fabulous issue with some stella art.

My pick of the week : Shutter 14