Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Poll: What Should Fox Do Next with "Fantastic Four"?

What Should Fox Do Next with "Fantastic Four"?

Following the critical and commercial disappointing of 20th Century Fox's recently released "Fantastic Four" reboot film, the future of the franchise is in question. What would you like to see the studio do next with Marvel's First Family?

Vote on the poll here.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

This poll is funny. Of course "making a deal with Marvel" is going to win.

All-New Member

Most people are going to vote for them to sell the rights back to Marvel. That would be great for Marvel, but wouldn't be that great for the Fantastic Four. The MCU is already pretty crowded and with Inhumans, Captain Marvel, Dr. Strange and Black Panther on the way they won't have room for a FF movie for a while. Most likely if Marvel gets the rights back they will just mine the FF for their villains and forget about them. Marvel has done pretty well without the FF and they don't make insane licensing money like Spider-Man, so there is really no need for Marvel to make a FF movie, especially after Fox has so thoroughly ruined the brand.

So, I say stick with Fox and try another reboot in about seven years.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I'd like to see them strike a deal with Marvel where they relinquish the F4 film rights in exchange for TV rights to the X-Men with some requirement where X-Men merchandise is sold when there's a movie coming out... or something like that.

All-New Member

The next move ought to be including Josh Trank's cut of the movie on blu-ray, since there's nothing left to lose on that point, except pride (and only if it turns out to be good). On the concerns that the MCU is getting over-crowded; I'd say put them in the past. If not the sixties, then the eighties like Hank Pym. Ant-Man cured me of the notion that there's no room for the FF (as well as the notion there was no point in making an Ant-Man movie). So I voted give back to Marvel.

Incredible Member RobertoDaCosta's Avatar

Well, if they go back to Marvel, then they can use the Skrulls!!
    so much potential!
    after Infinity War we could have Kree-Skrull war or Secret Invasion!
    Bring back Ultimate Dazzler!!

Quote Originally Posted by Une View Post
    Most people are going to vote for them to sell the rights back to Marvel. That would be great for Marvel, but wouldn't be that great for the Fantastic Four. The MCU is already pretty crowded and with Inhumans, Captain Marvel, Dr. Strange and Black Panther on the way they won't have room for a FF movie for a while. Most likely if Marvel gets the rights back they will just mine the FF for their villains and forget about them. Marvel has done pretty well without the FF and they don't make insane licensing money like Spider-Man, so there is really no need for Marvel to make a FF movie, especially after Fox has so thoroughly ruined the brand.

So getting a bad movie every 7 years from Fox the studio that's known to "thoroughly ruin the brand" and has no vision for it is better than giving the brand back to a studio that cares about its characters and always tries to do them justice? What kind of logic is that?

At least Marvel getting back the rights would mean we'll actually see some merchandise and comics made of them again. That and actually a chance of seeing a good FF movie made in our lifetime...

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Make a sequel.

Fantastic Four is actually a very enjoyable, if somewhat flawed movie. Its brutalising by critics (and comic fans determined not to like it from the start) is utterly unfair IMO. It is a very competent, enjoyable origin film. Yeah, the Doom design was too cartoony, but the overall structure beats the cut and paste Marvel origin movies. It had a depth of character that is rare in a comic origin movie and focused on the relationships between characters rather than one focal character with little regard for anything else.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edshugeo The GodMoor View Post
    The next move ought to be including Josh Trank's cut of the movie on blu-ray, since there's nothing left to lose on that point, except pride (and only if it turns out to be good).
    Oh yeah. Hoping for a DC on the Blu-Ray. The body horror stuff that made it in is really good, and the Doom scene at the base at the end was so much darker and more brutal than anything Marvel would have allowed.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Probalus View Post
    So getting a bad movie every 7 years from Fox the studio that's known to "thoroughly ruin the brand" and has no vision for it is better than giving the brand back to a studio that cares about its characters and always tries to do them justice? What kind of logic is that?

At least Marvel getting back the rights would mean we'll actually see some merchandise and comics made of them again. That and actually a chance of seeing a good FF movie made in our lifetime...
    I don't think Marvel will do anything with them. The brand has been hurt by these reboots, so no real motivation on Disney/Marvel's part, and I doubt they'll have any space to make a FF movie in the foreseeable future anyway.

At most they'll mine the FF for its villains and leave the actual Fantastic Four to rot away in obscurity. I'd rather let Fox reboot it again in seven years and hope that they get it right this time, than just let the FF lose their villains and be forgotten.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Well i think that they should attempt to bring a different tone to the movie from a superhero genre aspect so it is just not viewed as another superhero movie. Perhaps bringing into play the family aspect of the FF as the first family of Marvel may be explored more it seems the movies did not have much progression in that direction maybe introducing the kids and other related characters like The Lancy Street Gang, and H.E.R.B.I.E into the movies. It seems we don't see the F.F. move forward they just fight the next big threat. This could open things up a little.I don't think Fox will just give the rights away cause a movie flops, it is no pressure for the FF to sell billions, they can just keep trying till they get one right.

Spectacular Member

I think they should Ben some shorts or pants.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

After such a bombing they need to cut their losses and make a deal with Disney/Marvel.

Eh, no Origin.

Have them already be established and show up for Infinity after they're reached out to by Nick Fury, Maria Hill or the Avengers.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 08-12-2015 at 06:23 PM.

I don't think Marvel will do anything with them. The brand has been hurt by these reboots, so no real motivation on Disney/Marvel's part, and I doubt they'll have any space to make a FF movie in the foreseeable future anyway.

At most they'll mine the FF for its villains and leave the actual Fantastic Four to rot away in obscurity. I'd rather let Fox reboot it again in seven years and hope that they get it right this time, than just let the FF lose their villains and be forgotten.
    Seven years is a long time away. Even Marvel only has the schedule plotted out for the next three and a half years. Even with all the new properties you listed, ie Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Dr. Strange, Inhumans, etc., there's a ton of room in the schedule, especially if they decide to focus on their newer properties more.

I'd say there's a significantly higher chance that Marvel will make a GOOD FF movie in the next ten years than Fox if they get the rights back.

And again, just the fact that there will be merchandise, TV shows, and comics again produced of them is HUGE for the FF and much better than the status quo. I can't even fathom how you can think otherwise.
    Last edited by Probalus; 08-12-2015 at 06:46 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The actual Four has a lot to offer the MCU. The movies gonna need a new science guy that makes things worse when Robert Downey finally calls it quits. Pym's an old man and Banner is on the run too often.