Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Recipe for Disaster Blackid's Avatar

Default Mr. Fantastic vs Plastic Man vs Jake the Dog (Adventure Time)

Who's the most skilled in their usage of their elasticity?

Who would defeat whom?

note: Mr. Fantastic doesn't have prep or materials, just elasticity and ingenuity/creativity.
    The Recipe for Disaster asks for Blasphemy, but as for me, ask for me, I give it gravity.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I don't know about Jake the Dog, but Plastic Man...his stretching and copying ability is insanely good, waaaaay better than that of Reed.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Reed is malleable, but Plastic Man and Jake are full on shape shifters and size changers. Plastic Man, however, has some advantage in that I don't think he feels much pain, whereas Jake still can, and unlike Jake (to my knowledge), Plastic Man can be shredded to pieces and merge himself back together. I'm also not sure if Jake has "passive" shape shifting, for example, if you shot him in the head with a sniper rifle, I'm not sure he'd automatically just soak the damage, he might need to consciously be altering his form. I might be wrong about that, though. Plas, however, would get his head burst by the bullet, but flow back together moments later like the T-1000.

That said, various versions of Reed have demonstrated the ability to squirm through airtight seals, tank Wolverine's Admantium claws, aprtially resist energy and psionic attacks, massively increase his strength by morphing his musculature, stretch out lines of himself into mono-molecular wires, adjusting the hardness of his body to bounce attacks, etc.

In just a straight hand to hand, I think it comes down to Plastic Man outlasting Reed and Jake until they get knocked out by the pain. Worse comes to worse, Plas and Jake grow to massive size until Reed just isn't a concern, and then it's the two of them beating on each other until Jake finally gets knocked out by the pain.

Factoring in other things, I think Reed might be able to play the two much goofier characters off one another, maybe get them to exhaust themselves in a gag-off or something, while he saves his strength to beat down the others.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

The other thing is Jake is Magic, even by "talking dog" standards. I'd have to look it over again to see if he had anything that could help in a fight against Plastic Man or Reed.

Maybe if he remembered his Ice Ninja training, or kept his magic robes he would have powers that could help more.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

In a straight up fight Plastic man wins. He's way more powerful then the others. If they get any prep time at all then Reed wins. I'd argue stretching is Reed secondary power behind his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    In a straight up fight Plastic man wins. He's way more powerful then the others. If they get any prep time at all then Reed wins. I'd argue stretching is Reed secondary power behind his mind.
    I don't think you'd need to argue it. Everyone would agree.

Is Jake's imagination power still canon? If so he can probably win this.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Do either Plas or Fantastic have a feat like Jake jumping into Finn's mouth and then using stretching to pretty much become Finn's nervous system? I got a little freaked out when they showed Finn's body in x ray and the red lines representing Finn's natural neural paths became Jake's yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by The Transient Guest View Post
    Do either Plas or Fantastic have a feat like Jake jumping into Finn's mouth and then using stretching to pretty much become Finn's nervous system? I got a little freaked out when they showed Finn's body in x ray and the red lines representing Finn's natural neural paths became Jake's yellow.
    I was thinking about that, but I don't think it'll be of much help against either opponent here.

The Recipe for Disaster Blackid's Avatar

Actually that may be a possible win for Jake .... this brings to mind the awesome but little praised Disney movie Sword in the Stone when Merlin and Mad Madam Mim were magic battling as animals... Mim though she outworked Merlin changing into a dragon but merlin changed into a virus and infected her.... if jake can miniaturize to neurons and junk he could infiltrate reed and plastic and knock them out for a 10 count.
    The Recipe for Disaster asks for Blasphemy, but as for me, ask for me, I give it gravity.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackid View Post
    Actually that may be a possible win for Jake .... this brings to mind the awesome but little praised Disney movie Sword in the Stone when Merlin and Mad Madam Mim were magic battling as animals... Mim though she outworked Merlin changing into a dragon but merlin changed into a virus and infected her.... if jake can miniaturize to neurons and junk he could infiltrate reed and plastic and knock them out for a 10 count.
    Except Reed's physiology works differently than a humans due to it's rubbery nature, and Plas is made of gooey plastic and can tank damage even on a cellular level, so I dunno if it would work here.

BANNED

Plastic Man survived being scattered to microscopic bits at the bottom of the Atlantic ocean for 3,000 years after the Obsidian Age story arc. I think he can handle Jake being a virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Patchmadripoor View Post
    Plastic Man survived being scattered to microscopic bits at the bottom of the Atlantic ocean for 3,000 years after the Obsidian Age story arc. I think he can handle Jake being a virus.
    Too be fair, he was so spread out he couldn't reassemble himself until the JLA started collecting his bits, but it does show how "durable" he is on that level.

Not sure if it matters, but isn't Jake part Great Old One or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Not sure if it matters, but isn't Jake part Great Old One or something like that?

Well, it was more of a simple shapeshifting demon than anything on the level of Orgalorg or The Litch