Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows, #4

• To protect his family, Spider-Man takes the fight to the god-like REGENT!
    • But that doesn't mean his daughter will sit back and let her dad have all the "fun!"

Full article here.

Spideyparker75

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    • To protect his family, Spider-Man takes the fight to the god-like REGENT!
    • But that doesn't mean his daughter will sit back and let her dad have all the "fun!"

Full article here.
    Nice preview

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

How come THIS can't be the mainstream version? I also like the homage to MOS #1 with her lifting up the car to recover a ball.

Spectacular Member

Damn, I'm really liking this series and yet I keep fearing it's gonna rip my heart out soon enough, lol
    Current Pull List (updated for ANAD): Star Wars □ Darth Vader □ Lando □ Chewbacca □ Kanan □ uh... alot of ANAD but I still have decided what yet, lol

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Of course it will. All Secret Wars titles will rip out the hearts of all who loved their original premises. Inferno? Darkchyld wins. Years of Future Past? Kelly gets assassinated and the United Doom-States will carry out the mutant genocide. Spider-Island? The Queen wins. The MC2 follow-up? Mayday finally dies. X-Men 92? The creative team spoiled it by hoping readers will still like them after the finale. The SHIELD? Destroyed. A-Force? Next to the SHIELD, gets zombified. And RYV? The Regent kills the Parkers.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

BANNED

I don't know about the other titles, but they're not gonna kill Mayday.

The Parkers...maybe. But Annie will survive. I'm thinking as a villain of some sort.

I would totally read a solo about Annie or even an adult Annie. She's really adorable and she's got an interesting history. I can't wait to see how her story plays out.

Spideyparker75

Really enjoying this so far but do fear for the safety of the Parkers. I do think Annie is being groomed as a future Spider-Girl.

Incredible Member JoeWithoutFear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyparker75 View Post
    I do think Annie is being groomed as a future Spider-Girl.
    You mean we could FINALLY get a female with SpiderPowers!? For once?!
    Me: "Wanna be Hawkeye and Hawkeye next Halloween?"
    My wife: "Only if I get to be Clint."

Spideyparker75

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWithoutFear View Post
    You mean we could FINALLY get a female with SpiderPowers!? For once?!
    Yeah. Finally as you say.

Can't wait to see it.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

This is soooo, sooooo good.

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post
    I would totally read a solo about Annie or even an adult Annie. She's really adorable and she's got an interesting history. I can't wait to see how her story plays out.
    Yeah, there's such a Disney/Pixar all-ages appeal to her story. This is exactly the kind of character Marvel should be spotlighting in order to broaden their demographics like they want to.

Edit: Freakishly coincidental that I make this post and then immediately see the announcement of "Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur". Still, that doesn't mean Marvel has to put out just one all-ages title. RYV has more of an Incredibles feel to it while Moon Girl seems to have more of a How to Train Your Dragon/The Iron Giant vibe going on.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 08-13-2015 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Yeah, there's such a Disney/Pixar all-ages appeal to her story. This is exactly the kind of character Marvel should be spotlighting in order to broaden their demographics like they want to.
    Like with the vault of dead bodies in issue #3?

Holy crap, it just hit me that Renew Your Vows is basically The Incredibles.

Quote Originally Posted by resipsaloquitur View Post
    Like with the vault of dead bodies in issue #3?

Holy crap, it just hit me that Renew Your Vows is basically The Incredibles.
    Haha, I was feeling the Incredibles vibe off Annie's storyline and the family dynamics but I didn't see the glaring similarity between Regent and Syndrome's mode of operations until now!

I have to say though, I'm impressed Slott pulled it off with ease. They could never quite make Fantastic Four work this well.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Haha, I was feeling the Incredibles vibe off Annie's storyline and the family dynamics but I didn't see the glaring similarity between Regent and Syndrome's mode of operations until now!

I have to say though, I'm impressed Slott pulled it off with ease. They could never quite make Fantastic Four work this well.
    The one of two problems I have with this story is that we have no backstory on Regent. He's just a "mwahahahahaha" villain. It'd be interesting if he had some kind of inadequacy background, like he's a third-rate Reed Richards or Tony Stark and couldn't hack it as a world-saving super genius. Like, even Hank Pym looks down on him. So his motivation is that he decides to kill other heroes and swipe their powers to prove he can do it better.

(The other problem I had with the story is the reversal of Captain America's "A" and his star. I get that costumes need to be tweaked slightly to show that we're not in 616, but man, that change was just horrendous.)